Nemanja Matic

.Cee

56 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

:D:D:D

Good one! I like your Jokes, Beigl ...

May I add some Jokes from other Forum Members and shining Couch Professionals about Matic ... (Although I suppose they were not always meant to be Jokes) ...

He is not a great Player ...

He is slow ...

He can't produce a straight Pass ...

He is a Square Passer ...

He has no Vision ...

He is insecure with the Ball on his Feet ...

He plays Football like an Amateur ...

He is not even fit to sit on our Bench ...

We became Champions with 10 Men, because Matic just stood around all Season long ... (Actually, that's not exactly a Quote, but the Subtext of many Lines I read in the past)

And my favorite one of course (Always a screamer) .... Bakayoko, Fabinhio and Nainggollan can replace him adequately .

As fore all the Forum Members, who are bemoaning his departure ...

Most of you desperately wanted him to leave ... And now he's gone and not a Chelsea Player anymore.

So stop bemoaning the Transfer and get over it ffs.

I think most of it boils down to the fact that he didn't want to stay and play second fiddle to Bakayoko(once fit), most of us certainly wouldn't have minded keeping him for rotation like last season.

But Matic was probably the one that pushed to leave once we made it clear of our intentions to sign Bakayoko. I didn't disagree about selling him but like most members here would've preferred he buggered off somewhere else.

I would argue that even if we kept Matic and he somehow played against Burnley, it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Let's not forget Matic didn't fare all too well in our meltdown season of 15/16.

He has definitely improved United but I'm not sure he would've had the same effect with us.

Conte's system was either Matic/Kante (not enough creativity/solid) or Fabregas/Kante (more creativity/ less solid) while United can play a system that can suit Matic better with Pogba and Herrera.

But I hope Roman's learned the lesson of letting the players choose their destinations. We should've sold Cech somewhere else and we certainly should've sold Matic somewhere else. If it were the other way around, these two clubs would never do the same for us.

1 hour ago, TheWiz said:

As fore all the Forum Members, who are bemoaning his departure ...

Most of you desperately wanted him to leave ... And now he's gone and not a Chelsea Player anymore.

I would still not play in the 11 if we had an upgrade. What is disappointing is that he is sold to not only a rival team but also into a system which is the perfect fit for him.

It is really sad and disappointing for me because the Board goofed up big time by selling to a rival. 

11 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Have wrote this in other thread. The way we deal with Bakayoko (fully aware that he will be not available immediately) and then selling Matic without buying a replacement is the biggest mistake we have made this summer. It's really okay if either RLC, Ake, Chalobah or Baker staying, but it is not the case either. Basically we are fully aware that only Fabregas and Kante will be available since the opening match. And that's crazy.

What's crazy is the fact that we couldn't keep Chalobah/Baker at the club as 3rd choice midfielder, even though everyone knew Matic was leaving. 

The Fabregas - Kante partnership was always destined to fail as their skillsets are incompatible.  One's a runner, the other is a passer...but there is no linker/thinker in the middle of the park. 

12 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Have wrote this in other thread. The way we deal with Bakayoko (fully aware that he will be not available immediately) and then selling Matic without buying a replacement is the biggest mistake we have made this summer. It's really okay if either RLC, Ake, Chalobah or Baker staying, but it is not the case either. Basically we are fully aware that only Fabregas and Kante will be available since the opening match. And that's crazy.

You are very wrong 

bakayoko is Matic replacement. 

We need to sign a chalobah replacement. When you have drinkwater on the bench instead of chalobah this is an upgrade.

27 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

You are very wrong 

bakayoko is Matic replacement. 

We need to sign a chalobah replacement. When you have drinkwater on the bench instead of chalobah this is an upgrade.

Heard like that before, but Conte clearly has said latter that the idea was to give Baka the right time to adapt in this league behind Matic. It means even if Baka is fit, he will be Matic replacement after some period, not immediate replacement. Selling Matic then will be considered as failed. Knowing that Bakayoko is not fit and then we sell Matic also, that is double failed. Not spent the money for another CM after Chalobah and Matic sold, while Bakayoko not fit. That's triple failed.

25 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Heard like that before, but Conte clearly has said latter that the idea was to give Baka the right time to adapt in this league behind Matic. It means even if Baka is fit, he will be Matic replacement after some period, not immediate replacement. Selling Matic then will be considered as failed. Knowing that Bakayoko is not fit and then we sell Matic also, that is double failed. Not spent the money for another CM after Chalobah and Matic sold, while Bakayoko not fit. That's triple failed.

Yes conte wanted Matic to stay . But he wanted to go to man und . 

Conte spoke to chalobah to stay but he wanted to go.. 

so ? The solution is one: sign players for depth. Matic isn't a fighter,he wants a easy life.

this isn't our fault.. the attitude of our players is strange. We are a big club of course we will sign a Matic replacement,a hazard replacement,a courtois replacement etc.

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

why are some pundits talking like matic is messi FFS Ray Wilkins coming out Chelsea decision to sell Nemanja Matic could hand Manchester United title

They're a bunch of in the moment drama queens. Matic look good now but will return to his normal shite self by January. He has terrible stamina. 

I think it's fairly simple, he looks way better in a 3-man midfield than a pair, especially like ours, with our wingbacks having so much license to go forward and the double pivot having to cover up ground for them.

He might look better at United, sure he will alongside Herrera and Pogba, but the real issue here is not replacing him ( actually not replacing Chalobah and RLC, since Bakayoko is a direct replacement to Matic ).

If we get a good mid this window we would have upgraded our whole midfield, if not, long season ahead of us. 

8 minutes ago, Adnane said:

I think it's fairly simple, he looks way better in a 3-man midfield than a pair, especially like ours, with our wingbacks having so much license to go forward and the double pivot having to cover up ground for them.

He might look better at United, sure he will alongside Herrera and Pogba, but the real issue here is not replacing him ( actually not replacing Chalobah and RLC, since Bakayoko is a direct replacement to Matic ).

If we get a good mid this window we would have upgraded our whole midfield, if not, long season ahead of us. 

This. When we won the title in 2015 we had Fabregas, Matic and Oscar in midfield. Oscar was a hustle type player like Herrera and on top of that we had Willian who could cover the ground quickly as well..

Matic will always look better in a 3 man midfield. Also, just arriving at a new club will motivate him to push harder than he did when he was with us for the final 2 years..

1 hour ago, the wes said:

why are some pundits talking like matic is messi FFS Ray Wilkins coming out Chelsea decision to sell Nemanja Matic could hand Manchester United title

I think it all has to do with media coverage. Just look at the new deal PL signed some time ago and how much money is thrown into transfers. Premier League has become such a brand, ManU helps that, and atm praising Matic raises PL popularity.

It pisses me of also. Nobody praised Matic that much when he was playing with us. I watched his higlights against West Ham, it was his typical average game like he was playing for us. Nowhere near defensive behemoth he was when we resigned him few seasons ago.

Getting tired of the reaction from the bias Utd pundits that think we just parted way with the best thing since sliced bread. [emoji38]

Did anyone in the media watch him in the last two seasons?

We'll talk again in a few weeks.
Again, United could have had many other players. If we didn't sell him, they'd go after someone else and would easily land them. Their puzzle would be completed anyway. I still believe he won't have a lasting impact

On 8/14/2017 at 11:51 AM, Barbara said:

We'll talk again in a few weeks.
Again, United could have had many other players. If we didn't sell him, they'd go after someone else and would easily land them. Their puzzle would be completed anyway. I still believe he won't have a lasting impact

well they did sign fellaini and Herrera before, both of witch will be sitting on the bench for Matic.

I honestly think our issue here is the definition of "impact." They already had Pogba, so they already have a younger and better Fabregas to pull the strings in the middle. What they needed was a physical presence with enough quality to contribute to the team. That's Matic all right.

The impressive thing about Matic's performance wasn't really about Matic himself... Pogba had one of the best games since joining United and that's NOT a good sign.

I am surprised why everyone in the world and many on this forum are making such a drama about about us selling Matic to United. From what I remember he was absolutely slated here for almost half of his performances.  Lets hope he has more of those with Utd. I must admit he did have some spectacular games. IMO he is hard working physical player, lacks vision and flair, with awful passing skills.

I think $40M is a decent value we got and the fact that we have Kante, Fabregas and Bakayoko for the position. We do need a fourth player in that position. Its a shame that management did not consider Chaloba for the 4th spot and instead sold him. From now on I will assume that our youth players are a business for additional revenue stream and not get my hopes high.for seeing anyone progress to senior team. Completely agree with someone who recently dais that if Chelsea nurtured Loftus Cheek properly into the first team he would have been at Dele Alli level now.