Nemanja Matic

.Cee

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Matic is considering his next move after losing his starting place. [Telegraph]

He wouldnt start for any champions league side in the league. Unless he is looking to move abroad he would do well to just focus on improving his horrific play.

If you are matic, who was one of our best players in our title winning season, and then you have a bad season. A tampon manager comes along and plays mikel fucking obi ahead of you, and the club is ok with it...then just pack your things and go.

dont be like the guy who now plays in your position, who now only at 28 has magically acquired the talent to start for Chelsea.

leave while you can! Money isn't everything... The best players will go in this window and you should too. We don't like talent, only composure. You can do the most absurd things as long as you do them confidently - works for mr trump...

thanks for everything.

7 hours ago, Robguima said:

If you are matic, who was one of our best players in our title winningarrow-10x10.png season, and then you have a bad season. A tampon manager comes along and plays mikel fucking obi ahead of you, and the club is ok with it...then just pack yourarrow-10x10.png things and go.

dont be like the guy who now plays in yourarrow-10x10.png positionarrow-10x10.png, who now only at 28 has magically acquired the talent to startarrow-10x10.png for Chelsea.

leave while you can! Moneyarrow-10x10.png isn't everything... The best players will go in this windowarrow-10x10.png and you should too. We don't like talent, only composure. You can do the most absurd things as long as you do them confidently - worksarrow-10x10.png for mr trump...

thanksarrow-10x10.png for everything.

Well at least Mikel is doing his job., but on the other hand you have Oscar who is doing next to nothing by sitting deep in today's match, then you have to wonder why Matic doesn't even get a look in.

Full credit to Guus for saving the club from an even bigger mess, but the lineups and substitutions have been really wanting.

On 4/9/2016 at 9:22 AM, Blue Armour said:

Well at least Mikel is doing his job., but on the other hand you have Oscar who is doing next to nothing by sitting deep in today's match, then you have to wonder why Matic doesn't even get a look in.

Full credit to Guus for saving the club from an even bigger mess, but the lineups and substitutions have been really wanting.

yeah for me Mikel is doing a job that is not in need of doing... :) that's why you don't see other mikels in any remotely big clubs out there; yes, we are the only "big" club starting a "limited" player (term used by his fans to describe him) I'd call him something entirely different though. Another way of looking is how many players could do Mikel's job, and provide something extra (aka not being as limited)? I could name a few who play for small sides in England.

personally I think Cahill is limited, while Mikel is a bit below that.

Sorry I just don't buy Hiddink the savior story. It's fictional at best. What did he do really? Play Mikel?! Jose started Mikel against Everton and Porto because he was also fed up with Matic. The squad was just completely unfit then and would have lost to anyone, as they did. The squad is fitter now and play just as shitty football, but at least they can run.

23 hours ago, Robguima said:

yeah for me Mikel is doing a job that is not in need of doing... :) that's why you don't see other mikels in any remotely big clubs out there; yes, we are the only "big" club starting a "limited" player (term used by his fans to describe him) I'd call him something entirely different though. Another way of looking is how many players could do Mikel's job, and provide something extra (aka not being as limited)? I could name a few who play for small sides in England.

personally I think Cahill is limited, while Mikel is a bit below that.

Sorry I just don't buy Hiddink the savior story. It's fictional at best. What did he do really? Play Mikel?! Jose started Mikel against Everton and Porto because he was also fed up with Matic. The squad was just completely unfit then and would have lost to anyone, as they did. The squad is fitter now and play just as shitty football, but at least they can run.

Yeah, I agree there are things he definitely should have done better....like not trying to recover Matic like he's trying with Oscar atm..and not giving Begovic chances earlier on. However, the next big mistake he can make is dropping Courtois from the starting 11 entirely..if he wanted to give Begovic chances, now's not the time...especially when you are trying to retain as many quality players as possible for next season.

He had a great game today. Yes, opposition is weak, so grain of salt required.

Did his thing in midfield *and* added up front with through balls and an actual assist. There is nothing telling CMs to not get involved in the game - they should go where they are needed and contribute, as matic did.

Good game, offensively and defensively, did his job alright for once. I hope the real Matic who is gone now for about a year can return now. 

If Conte is really gonna play Fabregas in the Pirlo role, we have to employ 2 complete cdms, who cover loads of ground on either side of him. From our current squad, Matic is closest to that, so we might as well keep him. Sure, we still need at least one energetic midifelder who is good at breaking up the opponents play and confident on the ball like Vidal, Kante or Nainggolan. They make Drinkwater, Xabi and that other guy look like worldbeaters besides them. 

19 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Perhaps, perhaps not.

There are more dynamic central/defensive midfield players. Guys who can win the ball back but also play with it at their feet and start attacks. We're past this need for 4-2-3-1 where a strong, broad player who majorly rely on his strength to get by. He can't distribute the ball fluidly nor can he bloody shoot. You'd ideally want either/or. 

He'd be a great squad player, holding out a lead against a team who're on waves of attacks late on in games. But should we build a team around him? Perhaps not.

I think you need to check his assist for Salah in our 6-0 win against Arsenal couple seasons back and why not take a look at his goal against Everton this season :D

But honestly, he has been below-par this season but when on form he brings so much imo.

I think you need to check his assist for Salah in our 6-0 win against Arsenal couple seasons back and why not take a look at his goal against Everton this season [emoji3]

But honestly, he has been below-par this season but when on form he brings so much imo.

He has more in his locker than most think. Just a shame his decline has been worse than most this season.

4 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

:carlo: Cesc is Pirlo and Matic is Zidane, is Conte now Arrigo Sacchi?*

*minus the racial outburst