Nemanja Matic

.Cee

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Worst DM performance I've seen in ages. Even with Mikel next to him. I don't know if I can't trust him to deliver next season tbh. 

Perhaps because he does not play as a dm with Mikel next to him?! :)

mikel in 10 years at the club has never performed at the level we need... Did ok in one or another game, but never outstanding.

matic on the other hand had several MotM performances in our winning season And in half of the one before along with Luiz.

and yet people here are ok with what Mikel does and dislike matic... It's one of those things that just defy logic for me.

if current form is all that matters, then that too should be consistent with other players.

is hazard a one-footed donkey too? :)

36 minutes ago, Robguima said:

mikel in 10 years at the club has never performed at the level we need... Did ok in one or another game, but never outstanding.

matic on the other hand had several MotM performances in our winning season And in half of the one before along with Luiz.

and yet people here are ok with what Mikel does and dislike matic... It's one of those things that just defy logic for me.

if current form is all that matters, then that too should be consistent with other players.

I think because people know what to expect from Mikel, so they're not surprised when he performs to his very average ways. While the expectation for Matic to perform is much higher, and people are surprised by how bad he is nowadays. He was so good last season, so good that some people put him in contention of best DM.

53 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Mikel should be sold IMO. 

I don't know if I can trust him because he hasn't been amazing for a long period in his career like Hazard has been. I don't know if I can trust him to produce at the level we should be aiming at. Not as a starter anyway. 

1 hour ago, Beepu said:

I think because people know what to expect from Mikel, so they're not surprised when he performs to his very average ways. While the expectation for Matic to perform is much higher, and people are surprised by how bad he is nowadays. He was so good last season, so good that some people put him in contention of best DM.

I completely understand that.

it did make sense when Mikel rarely played under Jose, but now I cringe when people talk about improving the team without imptoving on him.

I have no crystal ball and matic may stink next season too. However, he's more likely to deliver because he has before - unlike others.

@The Skipperneither do I but we only deal with probabilities in football.

Hmm. Granted I saw only the second half, but in my opinion Matic did well. Harassed, tackled, contributed to attack, in general looked much more solid and involved than when he was really shit. Was surprised (not really) to see him subbed instead of Mikel. Thought Mikel was a bit crap, didn't contribute much to our bid to equalize. While, for me, Matic clearly tried to contribute on both ends.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Hmm. Granted I saw only the second half, but in my opinion Matic did well. Harassed, tackled, contributed to attack, in general looked much more solid and involved than when he was really shit. Was surprised (not really) to see him subbed instead of Mikel. Thought Mikel was a bit crap, didn't contribute much to our bid to equalize. While, for me, Matic clearly tried to contribute on both ends.

he was good at the beginning too, don't understand the reaction here

3 minutes ago, James said:

Headless chicken, needs to be sold alongside Mikel IMO. One footed, keeps hold of the ball far too long, indecisive, slow, clumsy, the list goes on. 

blame the pivot , not the player, ruins any midfielder. impossible for us to have a proper midfield with this system, but the morons keep selecting it

7 hours ago, Beepu said:

He [Matic] was so good last season, so good that some people put him in contention of best DM.

This oft repeated impression should to be contradicted every time it appears. Nemanja was not good last season. With the odd exception, he was good for the first half of last season but, with the same odd exception, he was poor for the second half. Basically Nemanja had a good, maybe even a great, 2014 for us, but since then he has oscillated from ordinary to liability via passenger. With the odd exception of course. :)

9 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

This oft repeated impression should to be contradicted every time it appears. Nemanja was not good last season. With the odd exception, he was good for the first half of last season but, with the same odd exception, he was poor for the second half. Basically Nemanja had a good, maybe even a great, 2014 for us but since then he has oscillated from ordinary to liability via passenger. With the odd exception of course. :)

Yeah that is true. He fell off a bit on the second half of last season but nothing compared to this season. Man what happened to him? But in 2014 he was really good.

He played like 2men last season and this 1 he plays like half a man,Hope he comes back like the former in pre-season,again last night it was way too easy to get through our middle.Hoping a new energetic world class dm/cm and cb may help him and team.

I think we're just doomed to have a central midfield consisting of players who can't do anything in the final third of the pitch. Why Matic attempts to get forward when his left foot seldom finds the target and he himself knows these limitations is baffling. I guess that's not his fault, the attacking players should be in those rolls, but come on even Maka could thump a shot when there was room for him. Neither Mikel or Matic is capable of that.. Mikel-Matic.. Mikel-Matic.. -_- 

On May 3, 2016 at 9:20 AM, LDN Blue said:

I think we're just doomed to have a central midfield consisting of players who can't do anything in the final third of the pitch. Why Matic attempts to get forward when his left foot seldom finds the target and he himself knows these limitations is baffling. I guess that's not his fault, the attacking players should be in those rolls, but come on even Maka could thump a shot when there was room for him. Neither Mikel or Matic is capable of that.. Mikel-Matic.. Mikel-Matic.. -_- 

By the same logic Oscar and hazard are just as effective in attack: same shooting ability?

the fact hazard is better in all other attacking skill would not matter.