Nemanja Matic

.Cee

7 hours ago, Madmax said:

Whatever, unhappy players can all fuck off. Only want the thoroughly committed ones to stay.

Yeah, I'm sure you'll be happy and committed at your work too, if you have been told that you are not wanted for second time in the same company.

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

Nemanja Matic, 27, is waiting to see if Manchester United begin negotiations with ex-Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho before deciding whether to move to Old Trafford. (Daily Mail)

Poor as he's been and as disinterested as he's looked lately I hope the club aren't stupid enough to sell him to another PL club. It would be so typical if we sold him there and he returns to the Matic we had when he first came back to Chelsea while we have Mikel still starting games for us.

If he goes it must be to another league.

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

Nemanja Matic, 27, is waiting to see if Manchester United begin negotiations with ex-Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho before deciding whether to move to Old Trafford. (Daily Mail)

If we let Matic move to United we deserve to be liquidated with immediate effect :lol: And of course we'll keep Mikel. Master stroke.
Fortunately it's the dailymail so it's probably bs.

Finishing strong:Matic

Nemanja Matic is hoping to end the 2015/16 season on a positive by beating the champions in our last match.

We face Leicester City at Stamford Bridge as the curtain comes down on another campaign and the midfielder wants to go into the summer on the back of a good result.

'It's important to finish the season strongly, especially when you are facing the champions,' said  Matic. 'It will be a good game and of course we will try to win.'

The Chelsea players will give Leicester's title winners a guard of honour as they enter the pitch, showing their appreciation for the Foxes' accomplishments this season, and  Matic is no doubt the visitors have earned that mark of respect, even if he is already plotting to replace them at the top in 2016/17.

'They deserve it, they are champions. I want to send my congratulations to them, they deserve to be champions and I'm happy for them. I know how they feel because last year we were champions and I'm sure they are enjoying these days.

'We want to win the title again and we will do our best to do it. This season we didn't win it, but I'm sure that next season is going to be better because Chelsea is used to being always one of the top three or four teams. I'm sure that next season Chelsea is going to do well.'

Our challenge to bring the Premier League trophy back to the Bridge will be led by a new manager, with Antonio Conte taking the helm once his duties with the Italian national team at Euro 2016 are completed.

'Of course it is exciting when a new coach is coming,'  Matic said. 'He will bring something new for us and for sure he is a great coach. I'm sure he will improve our team.'

chelseafc.com

• 2 weeks later...

We could be the smart club that signs Krychowiak. We should be grabbing this chance. Though I'd do one of those player-swaps with Sevilla sooner, because at United I imagine Matic rediscovering monster form.

5 minutes ago, Leif said:

We could be the smart club that signs Krychowiak. We should be grabbing this chance. Though I'd do one of those player-swaps with Sevilla sooner, because at United I imagine Matic rediscovering monster form.

My thoughts as well. If Matic goes it can't be to another English club. Far too risky and could easily bite us in the ass.

Give him until at least January to see if he can return to the real Matic.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

he'd be my perfect signing, but not at the expenese of matic, a trio of krychoviak, in form matic, and a mobile creative player would be the best in the league

2 hours ago, Leif said:

Krychowiak is too much a of a throw-back imo. Big, strong holding midfielder but seriously lacking in skill and vision. If he could adapt to a CB role, he could cut it at a top side. But he's too limited as a midfielder. I'm tired of these players with serious handicaps.

I hope Mourinho get Matic, so this average player can play elsewhere. A player that represents the mediocre post 2013 era. Don't tell me he was a monster in 14/15 season. One year later Leicester was winning the same PL with the likes of Drinkwater having a superb season, even though they are not superb players. Don't get me wrong, I really hope PL will return to its former glory, but I read people in this forum saying Cuadrado was good, but was good in Serie A, but we should be asking ourselves if at this point if a league where Arsenal still managed to finish 2nd and United almost finished on top 4, if this league  is really that better than Serie A.

Matic is a portuguese league quality player, just like Cahill is a Bolton quality player and Azpilicueta is a mid table La Liga quality player. These are 3 players that cant be starting games for a team that want to get back UCL football. 

Selling Matic would represent the first steps of a new era. 

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

I hope Mourinho get Matic, so this average player can play elsewhere. A player that represents the mediocre post 2013 era. Don't tell me he was a monster in 14/15 season. One year later Leicester was winning the same PL with the likes of Drinkwater having a superb season, even though they are not superb players. Don't get me wrong, I really hope PL will return to its former glory, but I read people in this forum saying Cuadrado was good, but was good in Serie A, but we should be asking ourselves if at this point if a league where Arsenal still managed to finish 2nd and United almost finished on top 4, if this league  is really that better than Serie A.

Matic is a portuguese league quality player, just like Cahill is a Bolton quality player and Azpilicueta is a mid table La Liga quality player. These are 3 players that cant be starting games for a team that want to get back UCL football. 

Selling Matic would represent the first steps of a new era. 

I see your point about Cahill, but, on form, Matic is the best CDM in England without doubt, and one of the best in Europe. Similarly, Azpi is the best defensive full-back in European football IMO, he'd walk into most teams. 

• 2 weeks later...

Matic's 2015-16 season in review:Keep, Sell, Loan

Appearances: 35 starts (+8 as substitute).
Minutes: 2418 in Premier League; 288 in domestic cups; 377 in Champions League.
Statistics (per 90 minutes, Premier League): 58.62 passes attempted (88% completed); 2.34 tackles won (44.3% success rate); 2.49 interceptions.

First and foremost, it should be made clear that Nemanja Matic wasn't the only player or person responsible for the crumbling of the foundation Chelsea had built over the previous two seasons. But his poor form on the pitch was most certainly a big factor and was a key reason for our poor results and defensive woes this season.When Matic returned to Chelsea in January 2014 from (what turned out to be) a glorified loan to Benfica, he was hailed as our midfield saviour.  Following in the footsteps of Axel Witsel and Javi Garcia at the Portuguese club, Matic was converted from a pure playmaker to a more defensive player, his physicality combined with ball-skills creating a dominant force in the center of midfield.  A true midfield general, calm and strong in defense, useful in attack.  Paired with Fabregas last season, he was the base that allowed Chelsea to press and attack at will.For whatever reason, Matic has struggled more than anybody on the team to reproduce last season's results.  Even if we claim that January 2014 to January 2015 were the best 12 months of Matic's career, his regression from his peak has been extreme, sudden, and devastating.  His lack of pace was suddenly a tremendous hindrance, he was routinely beaten on tackles and 50-50 balls, and he seemed to be playing without an ounce of confidence.Whether it was the Ashley Barnes leg-breaking attempt, or something that un-clicked over the summer, or just a snowball effect of poor results and various controversies, Matic was a shadow of his former self.  And when that former self was perhaps not nearly as great as we had imagined, especially in terms of being a defensive midfielder, it left us with a player who was more of a hindrance than an asset.

And yet he continued to start and play, under both managers.  "Ruben Loftus-Cheek!", cried out the masses, and Mourinho said, "No".  Interim manager Guus Hiddink even went to the extreme of pairing him with Mikel several times -- possibly the slowest midfield you'll have seen in recent Chelsea history.There's no doubt that this frustrated Matic as much as anyone else.  His games for Serbia have not offered much reprieve either.  He's struck an unhappy figure for many months now, especially after Hiddink had chosen to leave him out for a few games.Like a few others, Matic had shown a few signs of life in the last couple games of the season, giving hope that after a summer of change, he could rediscover his previous form.  We shall see...

The Good: In addition to the aforementioned improvement in late-season form, Matic did score one of the best goals of the season, albeit in a losing effort, with his wallop against Everton.

The Bad: The Mikel-Matic pairing.

The Ugly: The 28-minute cameo vs. Southampton when Matic entered the pitch at half-time for Ramires, saw Chelsea concede twice, and then was subbed off for Rémy.

Verdict: Unlike Fàbregas, Matic isn't supposed to be a "luxury player" in our squad. A midfielder with defensive nous and good passing skills from short and long range, he had an unfortunate year but there's maybe hope that he can be a great player once again under Antonio Conte. In theory, the 27-year-old is at the peak of his physical ability and his technical skills shouldn't be forgotten. He faced a great challenge in terms of his mental fortitude this season, but hopefully this will only make him stronger going forward.Matic's contract ends in 2019 and while there have been a few stray transfer rumors, it's looking far more likely that he will see out the end of that deal.  You never know for sure in football though...

weaintgotnohistory

eden.png

The thought of selling any player to United shouldn't even enter our clubs heads. Don't care how poor he was last season. Too big a risk of him coming good again and haunting us.

I'd be furious if we did.