Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

We played okay today, just things didn't go our way. We created enough to win the game quite comprehensively, but Everon defended admirably. Just wasn't our day unfortunately, the performance wasn't that bad.

Mata still worryingly looks off the pace but he needs games. Hazard was pretty invisible today. Luiz and Ramires were very risky today, thankfully they didn't get sent off today though.

No one really performed that bad though, we just didn't take our chances. Eto'o had a pretty decent game today I think, his link up play was superb, got himself into great positions and on another day he would've grabbed a goal or two, unfortunately he isn't as sharp but that's understandable as he didn't hasn't had a game for three weeks.

Mikel was my MOTM, bossed it absolutely in midfield and made several great interceptions and passes and really imposed himself.

Mourinho tactically in the first half we were too conservative I think. Second half was a lot better as we implemented the high press and looked a lot more threatening but as I said before just wasn't our day.

Bring on the next game I say.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just irritates me. Just because we lost it means we were shit. NO not at all. We were a clinical striker from winning comfortably and just blew so many chances. Schurrle the worst culprit but i fucking swear, we play like that again and we'll fucking hammer someone and everyone will say how amazing we were. We lost and congrats to Everton but the scoreline doesn't show the true reflection of the game at all, not even slightly.

Everton won 1-0 and they were magnificent according to Jamie, bullshit-on the fence-backs both teams-knows fuck all-Redknapp. So then surely the team with 22 shots and close to 70% possession must have been amazingly stunningly magnificent. We all know scorelines are the most important thing but come on guys, come on give your team some fucking credit for fighting all the way and coming back again and again and again to try and get the goal. We tried everything today and unfortunately we came up just a bit short. Down to bad finishing and bad luck, that is all. Not because we were shit.

We'll be back.

how our performance after the 55th min is due to bad luck or lacking a finisher? we couldnt even create a chance for nearly 40 mins?

most of our 22 shots were embarassing and not even near to being dangerous. dont get why people are so often quoting these shots. we had 6 shots on target while they had 5. thats the more important fact. shooting from 30-40 m and shooting 10 m above the goal is no stat to show how good a team is.

so far this is POD ,,,post of the day ...read it and study ,,,don't reply till tomorrow

Zolayes I don't think it's been a better time to start telling members that they should go get an EDUCATION

ATTACK ZOLAYES ATTACK

Just irritates me. Just because we lost it means we were shit. NO not at all. We were a clinical striker from winning comfortably and just blew so many chances. Schurrle the worst culprit but i fucking swear, we play like that again and we'll fucking hammer someone and everyone will say how amazing we were. We lost and congrats to Everton but the scoreline doesn't show the true reflection of the game at all, not even slightly.

Everton won 1-0 and they were magnificent according to Jamie, bullshit-on the fence-backs both teams-knows fuck all-Redknapp. So then surely the team with 22 shots and close to 70% possession must have been amazingly stunningly magnificent. We all know scorelines are the most important thing but come on guys, come on give your team some fucking credit for fighting all the way and coming back again and again and again to try and get the goal. We tried everything today and unfortunately we came up just a bit short. Down to bad finishing and bad luck, that is all. Not because we were shit.

We'll be back.

There was will on the second half, but we had no idea.

Just look at the faces of our players during the matches, they didn't know what to do when they had the ball.

But I will stop as I'm an heretic for liking what Benitez did last season and not being impressed by what we have done so far under Mourinho.

But we played good 20-25 minutes against Hull, were shit for a majority of time against Aston Villa, didn't create anything against Manchester United.

Everton is never easy. It is not a devastating loss. Big teams have gone there and lost. Many more I am sure. Just annoyed because we were not poor and had we converted our chances we would have won. As one of the previous posters mentioned, Arsenal lost their first game at home 3-1 to Villa who are inferior to Everton and they were poorer than us and now find themselves top. I am sure we will work harder in training to correct the things we got wrong and hopefully in our next CL game and Prem game against Fulham we will get our shooting boots back on.

Mourinho: "We had 21 shots and risked everything we could but a team who has chances like that and doesn't take them deserves to lose."

thank you, Mourinho for saying the obvious!!!!!!! Although not so obvious around here it seems.

The only situation a team that lost deserves to win is when they're unlucky (this is not a fact, just my opinion). We weren't unlucky, we were incompetent finishing, our defense had moments of pure bad positioning and coverage and there wasn't a pattern, we didn't seem to have a clear game plan. We had a bit of everything and still nothing.

I voted for Eto'o because he tried a lot, the same goes for Schurrle. Were they awful in a couple of their finishing? Yeah and we have a couple of unlucky shots, but a couple of them don't make us the ones who deserved to win when we failed rather than Everton made the impossible. 22 attempts and only 6 on target is a horrible stat. Everton had 11/5... so they deserve to score more than we do.

Did they players fight and tried their best and gave their everything? Sure they did. One question though... is anything different from that expect from them?

This is not me saying we are a disgrace, just that we were awful. There's no problem to admit we had a bad match - it wasn't clearly our day. It isn't Mourinho's fault and not even the players if everything they tried they were bad while doing it - with some exceptions. Admitting a match we played bad - especially the second half - is okay. It's no overreaction, it's been only the 5th match in the season and we have to wait until the tactics settle, the team gets used to Mourinho and things start happening. It's a process, not immediate consequence. I'm not worried, I don't think it could cost us anything - title, CL spot, whatever because it's only a loss when we had a bad day. The season is long, there are other 34 matches to be played. But to say anything but admit a poor performance, on a bad day - even if the players showed clutch - seems like settling for too little or just making up excuses.

We have the same amount of points as the typical contenders. There's no uphill struggle as yet as there isn't a big gap between the clubs. It's early in the season we have a lot of opportunities to pick up points and the other clubs have a lot of time to drop points.

This season looks to be a great transition period for a lot of teams and looks to be a great fight for everyone. A bit too early to be so down

Maybe u are right. Liverpool are black horses but bound to fail at some point. And we got two of the most difficult away fixtures out of the way. This month is also our trip to White hart lane, so only Anfield and Etihad remain of the corny trips. Still we should have 10 points by now. The top 6 is already formated and we are bottom of it - feels sick.

We got KDB, Oscar, Mata, hazard and all the creativity in the world and still can't create some chances against an Everton side which is decent at best.

Hopefully we do not play the whole season with 3 misfiring strikers. Eto'o is one of the best of all times, surely he will not have Torres's confidence issues.

Everton had something to hold on to. They defended deeper and knew that they only had to hold out. In the first half it was 0-0 so Everton were obviously a bit more open so the second half was always going to be harder to create chances but ok forget the 22 shots. 6 on target yet the Eto'o chances and the Schurrle chances weren't shots from 30 yards, they were clear cut chances that were OFF TARGET so the 22 shots are reflected as we put good chances wide. Only a few shots were hopelessly off target from far out.

We got to their final 3rd of the pitch a lot of times and even if we didn't create a great chance or get a shot off, we got into the area of the pitch to have done so. So regarding that, it was probably more than 20 chances. There were times where we were so close to getting through but only a break of the ball or something so small that halted our progress. We were unlucky today but also the lack of finishing was our fault so we did have ourselves to blame but on another day they may go in. Even their goal was our mistake.

Fine lines, fine lines. That's what today was all about. We kept coming and tried everything. Everton defended well and Barry was superb. These games happen.

Here's one.

Please tell me, why isn't KDB given a proper chance after his first game against Hull where we brought a very decent attacking display in first half?

The problem with Schurlle is that he is not a RW, he cuts inside just to much, very easy to defend.

He also started the United match and was poor, this squad is big and you have to fight for your place in the team.

Schurrlle played very well against Bayern so it wasn't really a surprise he started. KDB has started two games out of the four in the PL, it's not like he's getting no game time.

Oh jesus, look if you have a problem with me James just put me on ignore, because I'm not in the mood for all the sarcastic comments that everyone loves to quote me on.

I am saying that there is positives despite how frustrating the result was, I'm grateful that now we don't lose like we did 2 seasons ago when we would actually get completely outplayed and embarrassed, today we where unfortunate but at the same time deserved to lose.

You're a bit precious, aren't you?

For the record i agree, it was just the way you wrote it.