Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Exactly.

I don't understand those who claim, "we should of won"

Laughable.

We don't put our chances away, we deserve fuck all, regardless of how we played.

Consistency is they key element in title winning teams, we need to step that aspect up.

check the stats ..then rewatch the watch if you still don't understand watch another sport

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but do you actually think we played shit? You lot are off your fucking heads. If we had just taken some chances, we woulda won 5-0 which we would've deserved. 65% to like 35% with 20 odd shots and we just missed so many chances. I thought we were good today and 3-0, 4-0 would've been a fair reflection. We were very unlucky, Everton did nothing.

Well said mate.

Do some of you on here even watch the game before commenting? Its like you see we've lost and automatically assume we've played shit. Bells.

He won us the ball back numerous amount of times. That alone helps us with counter attacks and prevented them from scoring more but we were wasteful with our opportunities.

yes he did. So did Luiz, Terry, Cole, Iva all defenders. My point remains that's not enough for a midfielder.

I do see his defensive contribution, but that's just not good enough for me. He needs to be able to pick a long pass, assist, shoot, be a surprise (unmarked) player when things are tough like they were today. I reckon he does not have the quality for that though - showcased by his bizarre loss of possession inside the opponent's box.

I guess we are the only top side left in the world who employ a Makelele type of player... oh well

Dissapointing result. I dont think Eto should have started. I doubt if Torres was too happy to lose his place in the side to a 32 year old has-been. We really lack a cutting edge up front. Everton has always been a tough place place to get a result but these are the grounds where you win Premierships.

PS. Cahill is a much better defender than Luis.

Bloody weekend ruined ..........Again !!!!!

yes he did. So did Luiz, Terry, Cole, Iva all defenders. My point remains that's not enough for a midfielder.

I do see his defensive contribution, but that's just not good enough for me. He needs to be able to pick a long pass, assist, shoot, be a surprise (unmarked) player when things are tough like they were today. I reckon he does not have the quality for that though - showcased by his bizarre loss of possession inside the opponent's box.

I guess we are the only top side in the world left who employ a Makelele type of player... oh well

Wrong. No they did not and Cole was useless. Had we maybe had someone alongside Mikel who would of help more going forward then we might of got a goal. Please stop looking to blame him when he was good today. The others just did not have their shooting boots on. Look at Carrick, had a similar role to Mikel today and was voted by BT Sport as MOTM but what helped is he did his role while the others fortunately took their chances and they won the game.

waiting for the belgian fanboys to come and moan about KDB and Lukaku

Here's one.

Please tell me, why isn't KDB given a proper chance after his first game against Hull where we brought a very decent attacking display in first half?

The problem with Schurlle is that he is not a RW, he cuts inside just to much, very easy to defend.

Sorry but do you actually think we played shit? You lot are off your fucking heads. If we had just taken some chances, we woulda won 5-0 which we would've deserved. 65% to like 35% with 20 odd shots and we just missed so many chances. I thought we were good today and 3-0, 4-0 would've been a fair reflection. We were very unlucky, Everton did nothing.

we want to win the PL... no?... we must to do it.

it was an individually poor match individually from at least 12 of the players who took part on it. As a result collectively this match was just a big failure.

I can't choose a man of the match right now because honestly, they were all either awful, poor, or indifferent. For the sake of the poll I'll vote on someone, but it was through and through a poor performance from basically everyone involved

Taking Mata and Schürrle off both that early in the 2nd half somehow killed our rhythm. Either bring you subs on on HT or wait till the last quarter of the game IMO. Anyway we should have scored goals in the first half but not because we earned it. We created one clear cut chance ourselves, the one for Schürrle. He really should score those.

Not only we did not really create and finish, we also ha dno real game plan. Too often the only option of a final ball has been one of those mediocre ivanovic crosses.

A loss that early in the season can be poison. i can't remember Jose chasing teams in the league effectively. He as well as us are better at being top all season.

We face an uphill struggle now, we really do, City is only getting better.

When all a team has to do to inhibit our attacking threat is to go out and run at us, we really are in deep trouble.