Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

May I suggest to review the 1st half of the 1st game. An admirable half of crisp passing, link up play, just awesome in my view.

Personally, I do not even remember the similar performance as I saw, then.

I disagree, apart from Eto'o header, a cross behind the defence, we didn't create any chances. Howard tried to help us a bit too.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, apart from Eto'o header, a cross behind the defence, we didn't create any chances. Howard tried to help us a bit too.

schurrle should've scored with his chance, it did seem that every time hazard and oscar got down the wings 2nd half they were always crowded out

Who is then? Just curious mate not trying to cause an argument :P

It's a toss up between De Rossi, Vidal and Javi Maritnez

Busquets is up there though, so I can understand why people would have your opinion. Was merely playing devil's advocate :D

Busquets is up there though, so I can understand why people would have your opinion. Was merely playing devil's advocate :D

I don't think Vidal is a DM tbh, still think that Busquets is the best one out there. Martinez and De Rossi are really good though!

How about the chance Eto'o created for Rami which forced Howrad into an incredible save or the one he created for Schurrle on around 40 mins and the through ball that Rami played to put Schurrle again through on goal in the 46th minute?

With the Howard mistake and Eto'o header, that's 5 clear-cut chances. Teams rarely get that much in one game and I'm probably forgetting a couple as well.

I don't think Vidal is a DM tbh, still think that Busquets is the best one out there. Martinez and De Rossi are really good though!

Don't want to get into the debate, but as a Juve follower, I have to agree with Ryan there. Vidal is by no means a DM. He spends half the match in the opposition box! :lol: He's a box-to-box central midfielder which is very much needed at Juve to make up for the "lack of energy" of Pirlo.

Would be interesting to see Busquets on a team that averages around 35-40% possession...rather than 70%.

He'd still be a key player, he allows Barca to put their full backs right up the park by playing as a third CB more or less and gives the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi etc a platform to go and play. His role in that team is undisputed, after Messi hes the first name on the team sheet. His passing is exceptional, he can pass through the lines, taking 3, 4 or even 5 players out of the game at once.

schurrle should've scored with his chance, it did seem that every time hazard and oscar got down the wings 2nd half they were always crowded out

The Chelsea midfielders getting crowded out- pretty much the story of last season and so far this season.

We really miss a combative midfielder. <_<

The Chelsea midfielders getting crowded out- pretty much the story of last season and so far this season.

We really miss a combative midfielder. <_<

We have one in Ramires.

We didn't have a problem in midfield yesterday, it was simply us failing to finish our chances. Everton scored because of mistakes made by a few players, not through genuine ingenuity.

We score half of our pretty clear cut chances and we win the game easily. We didn't play bad.

How about the chance Eto'o created for Rami which forced Howrad into an incredible save or the one he created for Schurrle on around 40 mins and the through ball that Rami played to put Schurrle again through on goal in the 46th minute?

With the Howard mistake and Eto'o header, that's 5 clear-cut chances. Teams rarely get that much in one game and I'm probably forgetting a couple as well.

Exactly, we created more chances than any other match we played this season. Its annoying that we didnt score but some of us are just overreacting because we didnt score.

If we scored some of our chances and we ended up losing 2-1 or 3-2 people wont complain this much

Exactly, we created more chances than any other match we played this season. Its annoying that we didnt score but some of us are just overreacting because we didnt score.

If we scored some of our chances and we ended up losing 2-1 or 3-2 people wont complain this much

We have one in Ramires.

We didn't have a problem in midfield yesterday, it was simply us failing to finish our chances. Everton scored because of mistakes made by a few players, not through genuine ingenuity.

We score half of our pretty clear cut chances and we win the game easily. We didn't play bad.

Ramires ain't that hard tackling, ball- getter that players like De Rossi or Yaya Toure who can boss around the midfield even on their worst days.

He is more suited for running with the ball with pace- .it won't be a long shot to call him an auxillary winger.

Yesterday was all about our all too familiar finishing disaster.