Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

We were unlucky... Everton players had a night with Fortuna. Everton defensed well and fought till the game ended. We weren't combinative, Everton made our day difficult. It should've been a draw at least,

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny how a few weeks things could quickly change, Arsenal is now top, I bet no body could see this after that opening game against Villa. By 2 weeks time, after we have played Spurs, we could well be on top again. So calm everyone, but no doubt today was dissapointing. Shurrle need to improve his finishing or he will soon be the next Kalou.

People seem to forget, last year this time we were top of the league. We all know how that turned out...

In these features last year we had 9 points, outscoring our opponents 11-1 and that's not including Hull City at home-a newly promoted side. It's early and it's a long season and nobody should be panicking but obviously our start is not as we had hoped. (Both in terms of points and in terms of quality of play.)

one direct free-kick, one header of Ivanovic offside, only oscar's goal was goal after a good play.

I hope we don't do much more scrappy games when we have to outmuscle players as we don't have them to do that.

TBF the two goals vs Munich were ok, esp the counter and Hazards goal / the own goal vs Villa was decent play too. We can play decent football but we have to be more consistent in creating and finishing chances.

It is funny how a few weeks things could quickly change, Arsenal is now top, I bet no body could see this after that opening game against Villa. By 2 weeks time, after we have played Spurs, we could well be on top again. So calm everyone, but no doubt today was dissapointing. Shurrle need to improve his finishing or he will soon be the next Kalou.

Yes,things do change quickly. My biggest disappointment Chelsea could not even score one goal against Everton ?

The players could not even hit the net properly. Was Mata ready to start today ? To me, he was not.

Of course to criticize Jose here, it may spur on a revolt.

TBF the two goals vs Munich were ok, esp the counter and Hazards goal / the own goal vs Villa was decent play too. We can play decent football but we have to be more consistent in creating and finishing chances.

Off course but when we need to push, have very good build-up to stretch defences, were are not that good until now.

And it's a Mourinho pattern, good when there is space for counter-attack and are wainting in our half but quite average when we have to create, the central defense playing deep inviting the other team to press is a trick that will not work against many teams and only slow our build-up.

I miss our build-up from the back from last year with the full-back much more involved, especially Azpi who was like an extra midfielder when he had the ball. Central defense was closer the the midfield and fullback, easier to move the ball quickly from side to side, Luiz pushing, opening up angle passes. We were more organised in our attack, with a clear plan, good patterns in the runs of the players to stretch the oppositon and create openings.

We were putting our attacking midfielders in better position to do damage.

6 on target yet the Eto'o chances and the Schurrle chances weren't shots from 30 yards, they were clear cut chances that were OFF TARGET so the 22 shots are reflected as we put good chances wide. Only a few shots were hopelessly off target from far out

Good point and I think this sums it up. Look at the sheer number of shots off target taken from inside the box.

CFC-vs-Everton.png

All in all it was a good game to watch, only the finishing was lacking. Nevertheless I really enjoy having Eto'o in our ranks- always wanting the ball and you could see from his vision that he still has it. I feel we lost our momentum with the substitutions, atleast with the first 2 - Schürrle and Mata were better than Lamps, Oscar. I do understand the Cole off, Torres on substitute though, nothing to lose. Them scoring so late in the half didn't help our case either. Hazard Man of the Match for me.

Didnt i read Hazard pulled out of Belgium v scotland game because of achilles scare also Oscar had scare away at Brazil also Eto came off for Cameroon,Ivanavic away . Yet Torres/Azilpueta done nothing and wernt on from start!