Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

where u coming from???

mou said that everton deserved to win. he cant make it any more clear.

my bad i misread the skyports article:

Mourinho told Sky Sports: "I don't know if I have to say we didn't deserve to lose, or if I should say we deserved to lose.

"We didn't deserve it (to lose) because we were the best team, because we play the best football, because we dominate the whole game, because we had 21 shots, because we risk everything we could...

source:http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/287317/report

I was reading the article on my mobile i missed the other part of the article . Appologies ! :D

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt Everton were shaky at the back at times, even Howard, but Mourinho made the wrong substitutions which narrowed the attack and played right into Everton's hands. They lost shape and composure. I wouldn't have made any substitutions until very late because I felt a goal was coming eventually.

We need to rotate with Ramires like big time, it's why we need another midfielder because Ramires can be contained and teams know how to deal with him. You put enough pressure on Ramires and he will give the ball away, even if you give him space he will more than likely give the ball away.

I think he's one of the best ball winning midfielders in the league, he is brilliant at that but as a footballer he is so weak at times. His weak technical ability costs us big time, he ruins the flow within our team. You might think this is just a minor thing but it really isn't, what he does has big impact on the team.

:shoot:

He's not what he used to be, but how can you called him finished when he just put in an incredible performance the last time out against Bayern?

He's not an every game guy now. With teams that like to attack down the flank he gets exposed... I love Cole, Always will but I think we need to give Bertrand a few more looks this season... 20 games at least

All the top teams struggle at Goodison, its a tough hunting ground. We will be back, its a marathon, not a sprint. The lack of clinical finishing has cost us frequently in the past few years. Etoo looked hungry and with a bit more time to gel, there are goals there. No surrender!

What is your problem with Mikel honestly lmfao? He was clearly out best player today.

It's posts like yours why there is so many haters because people like you are exaggerating the whole thing completely, just say he had a good game, not that he is the greatest of all time and that he is the best DM in the world, because you've made that remark many times I've seen you do it.

Ah well... I never thought we'd go the season undefeated.(Okay I'm lying a bit)

most of the major talking points have been addressed, we need to finish chances, Cole and Schurrle were poor, we have loads of problems in the midfield when teams press us.

The other things I think need to be brought up is Eto'o needs to score the next game he plays. Not because I think he'll get shook but because we need to know we can rely on him to deliver with some regularity. Thought he was good today, not great... excellent movement and passing, sub par finishing.

If Mata isn't making incisive passes and threatening the back 4 he's largely useless out there. I hate to say it but its true, he needs to find other ways to have an impact on the game. He doesn't even create space for others... Its early but I think he's gonna have a hard time in this system.

Hazard really has to start asserting himself earlier. He came on a bit later but for much of the 1st half he had no impact he needs to get more involved in the game as it will free up space for others later. He was triple teamed for much of the 2nd half had he gotten that sort of attention in the first half we would've had more opportunities. Someone said this earlier and I believe it to be true, when Hazard is attracting 3 defenders there has to be someone open and nobody came to utilize the space. Too many people ball watching.

Loved the substitution of Cole for Torres though I thought what was missing was someone in a deeper role who could move the ball quick. Ramires and Mikel were good today but when Everton began pressing in the 2nd half we didn't have anyone in the middle of the pitch to move the ball quickly. DeBruyne needs to be given a chance in this role I believe and a game where we're chasing it would've been ideal.

Early days. Frustrating results. Decent play but nothing scintillating. We need to have more endeavour in attack and that starts with Hazard for me.

It's posts like yours why there is so many haters because people like you are exaggerating the whole thing completely, just say he had a good game, not that he is the greatest of all time and that he is the best DM in the world, because you've made that remark many times I've seen you do it.

I said it was his best game for Chelsea since the CL final, not that he is 'the greatest of all time' or the 'best DM in the world', the best DM in the world is clearly Sergio Busquets but lets not got there.

Wheres the love? Mikel was reliable and operated with his usual tidy play, that goes unnoticed. The strikers and attacking midfielders have to take the hit today. The defense was solid but switched off at the worse time. Good results in the next two games and people will forget Everton.

We need to rotate with Ramires like big time, it's why we need another midfielder because Ramires can be contained and teams know how to deal with him. You put enough pressure on Ramires and he will give the ball away, even if you give him space he will more than likely give the ball away.

I think he's one of the best ball winning midfielders in the league, he is brilliant at that but as a footballer he is so weak at times. His weak technical ability costs us big time, he ruins the flow within our team. You might think this is just a minor thing but it really isn't, what he does has big impact on the team.

Yeh, we should have spent the 30 million on a new CM/DM...rather than an attacking midfielder.

As for the game, credit to Everton...Martinez finally gets to utilise his ability with a solid group of players.

These are the sorts of games that end up costing you the title.

United, City & Spurs all strengthened their CM/DM positions..while Chelsea decided to buy another attacking midfielder.

Something I really don't get - why would you take off players who provide you width when you're down 1-0?! If anything you should bring on more players who can put in crosses so you can widen the pitch even more. United have done this for years and they've been proven successful with strategy.