Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The subs were really confusing for me.KDB should have came on instead of torres and lampard should have replaced mikel and not schurrle.I still cant believe that eto'o did not put that chance away.

If you are talking about his chance when Howard made crazy mistake. It was kinda more of Schurlle fault, the pass was too weak so it gave Barry chance to recover.

Cfc backroom staff bustmyballs,last year for example ...look how small the squad was for the most games we ever played. And to me and my dog spot woof woof we have needed more in cm(a world class ball winner ) !!!

shoot me now but Cole is done imo he has lost alot of pace and dont really seem like he cares much now tbh.

:shoot:

He's not what he used to be, but how can you called him finished when he just put in an incredible performance the last time out against Bayern?

Mikel was outstanding by the way. Best performance in a way I reckon, probably since the CL final in Munich. Unsung hero.

Wow no exaggeration.

No wonder you get so many people who bash Mikel, when there are posts like yours in here.

It is funny how a few weeks things could quickly change, Arsenal is now top, I bet no body could see this after that opening game against Villa. By 2 weeks time, after we have played Spurs, we could well be on top again. So calm everyone, but no doubt today was dissapointing. Shurrle need to improve his finishing or he will soon be the next Kalou.

Funny thing is Kalou always got around double figures for us and he does for his new team now as well so there ;)

I won't read the whole thread as i can't be arsed sifting through the over reactions and bullshit. What I will say is that it was a very disciplined performance from Everton and I can see them doing very well under Martinez. The fact that Baines hardly ventured forward all night shows that Everton really had to work for tonight's result and all credit to them.

On another day we would have destroyed them, had we taken all of our chances. Mirallas, Barkley, Howard and Barry were immense for Everton tonight which really stopped us getting into any sort of a rhythm.

The first 5 minutes or so we looked good but fell away as Everton got their act together. From then on Everton grabbed control of the game with Barry dictating the play. Eto'o looks to be a yard or so off the pace but you can see that once he gets going he will be a big player for us. Made some really intelligent runs and got into good positions. Only a fantastic challenge from Barry stopped him opening his scoring account on his debut.

I though Cole really struggled tonight and Schurrle had a poor game. Other than that everyone else put in a decent shift. Our lack of a killer ball and poor finishing cost us tonight. I didn't really see anything to be concerned about. Bad day at the office combined with Everton having a fantastic game. results will come, Eto'o will score goals and we'll be challenging for the title at the business end of the season. Absolutely no need to be pushing the panic button whatsoever.

All in all it was a good game to watch, only the finishing was lacking. Nevertheless I really enjoy having Eto'o in our ranks- always wanting the ball and you could see from his vision that he still has it. I feel we lost our momentum with the substitutions, atleast with the first 2 - Schürrle and Mata were better than Lamps, Oscar. I do understand the Cole off, Torres on substitute though, nothing to lose. Them scoring so late in the half didn't help our case either. Hazard Man of the Match for me.

Why??

Why blame the players so much? Clearly Jose is responsible for this result, the subs (especially the Cole-Torres one) were suicidal therefore our display was quite poor overall, I can't remember a single big scoring opportunity after those subs or the last time we played without a LB, and what fascinates me the most is that our most dangerous chance was from their keeper's error.

I will never get the Mikel love over here, not that he's bad but I don't think he's right for this team.

This maybe a hindsight comment. I know we had a counter attacking chance, Ramires messed things up that led to the goal and catalogue of errors but why on earth did Cech tried to rush things then in the last minute of the first half? Why didn't he just calm things down a little and don't take any risk so that the game stays at 0-0 at HT?!

This is what happens when you refuse to sign a top class striker on his top form atm...

thank you !

yeah, going behind stop gap players for crucial positions ! *meh*

Our board has failed to realize EPL is way way more competetive than it once used to be. Buying strikers who can't match the pace of the opposition defenders *face palm*

And I completely disagree with Mourinho that the better team lost.

If we were the better team we would have most certainly won. Sorry Mourinho the better team won which was Everton.

thank you !

Our board has failed to realize EPL is way way more competetive than it once used to be. Buying strikers who can't match the pace of the opposition defenders *face palm*

If we were the better team we would have most certainly won. Sorry Mourinho the better team won which was Everton.

:fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9:

Ashley cole also played for England team Twice ! Usually Cfc play alot worse after internationals also , I think if that game was at stamford bridge we would have won but onwards and upwards beat Fulham nxt week ,sit back and watch man scum drop points!

thank you !

where u coming from???

mou said that everton deserved to win. he cant make it any more clear.