Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Please explain what about that game that makes it "not shit".

good counter-attacking. plenty of chances. everyone put in 100% effort. ran everton ragged.

but the defence was ill-disciplined. often exposed on the counter and the main reason chelsea lost - the finishing was woeful. Lot of work to do in that aspect but a 1-0 loss to Everton is not a total disaster by any means

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, stop the Mikel crap. He was actually good today. I was very impressed. We were wasteful. Mikel done his job, kept possession, won the ball back a few times and Falcao and Cavani's first choice was never Chelsea.

yes I did see the same... kept possession and all, most of the time without much pressure on him. Is that enough though? Is that all you look for in a midfielder?

When he takes a shot it out of the stadium; when he enters the opponent's box he loses possession on his own. That's why he is *allowed* keep the ball! He's the one chelsea midfielder our opponents can leave alone. Heck they mark Luiz more than Mikel because statistically (number just don't lie) nothing good in attack comes from him.

the praising would make more sense if we did not fucking lose the game.

We don't put away our chances, we don't deserve anything. We Need to step up our consistency.

We just need time as a team, honestly I would much rather lose when we could've won 5-0 rather than being outplayed and lucky to lose 1-0.

As frustrating as that can be at least we can have something to work on.

yes I did see the same... kept possession and all, most of the time without much pressure on him. Is that enough though? Is that all you look for in a midfielder?

When he takes a shot it out of the stadium; when he enters the opponent's box he loses possession on his own. That's why he is *let* keep possession! He's the one chelsea midfielder our opponents can leave alone. Heck they mark Luiz more than Mikel because statistically (number just don't lie) nothing good in attack comes from him.

I think you don't grasp what a defensive midfielder does. HE AIN"T SUPPOSED TO ATTACK.

Mourinho: "We had 21 shots and risked everything we could but a team who has chances like that and doesn't take them deserves to lose."

Exactly.

I don't understand those who claim, "we should of won"

Laughable.

We don't put our chances away, we deserve fuck all, regardless of how we played.

Consistency is they key element in title winning teams, we need to step that aspect up.

When he takes a shot it out of the stadium; when he enters the opponent's box he loses possession on his own. That's why he is *let* keep possession! He's the one chelsea midfielder our opponents can leave alone. Heck they mark Luiz more than Mikel because statistically (number just don't lie) nothing good in attack comes from him.

He won us the ball back numerous amount of times. That alone helps us with counter attacks and prevented them from scoring more but we were wasteful with our opportunities.

Typical overreactions. Do you guys really expect us to win every fucking matches?! Everton is no slouch and they are always our boogey team, we played well in the first half and it's very unfortunate to concede just before the half time whistle. After the goal they defended immensely in the second half and it's very hard to break a good defensive minded Everton to be totally honest.

So just chill the fuck out will you? It's only the 4th round for god sake and we have the same points with ManU and Citeh.

We played well. went all attack. didn't have luck. how is it 'shit' ?

So we need luck to score? No, hell no. Our finishing was absolute shit. And LOSING, not even drawing I consider absolute shit considering our team.

We lost the game, but no way did we deserve to lose. We were by FAR the better team, we just couldn't take our chances. Really do wonder if anyone watches the game on these threads, or just looks at the score at the end.

Pardon me? didnt watch the game?

I call it shit if we are by far the better team and cannot even get a point from that game.

Compared to last season though, I was impressed. The tempo to our game was fantastic. No one was taking more than two touches, quick fast passing. Sure you compare results to others but when you compare this Chelsea to last year's Chelsea and I prefer this playing style. Just couldn't take our countless chances.

Wow, I have complete opposite opinion.

I don't like the central defense sitting so deep, I liked the way under Benitez, we played more the off-side trap. And I prefered the way we were playing in possession, with triangles, fixating some zone to release runners on the opposite zone. They were more coordinated movements. More spanish with a methodic build-up and rehearsed coordinated movements between our players.

On set-pieces, we have more clear patterns.

When we were crossing, better use of spacing with one runner to the front post, one towards goal, one sitting and one on the far post, stretching the defense.

In this mach, I had no clue what we were trying to do while with Benitez I knew what he wanted to do.

So we need luck to score? No, hell no. Our finishing was absolute shit. And LOSING, not even drawing I consider absolute shit considering our team.

Pardon me? didnt watch the game?

I call it shit if we are by far the better team and cannot even get a point from that game.

we need consistency. we made chances. weren't able to finish it. that doesn't make the whole game shit.

Ok.....

Oh jesus, look if you have a problem with me James just put me on ignore, because I'm not in the mood for all the sarcastic comments that everyone loves to quote me on.

I am saying that there is positives despite how frustrating the result was, I'm grateful that now we don't lose like we did 2 seasons ago when we would actually get completely outplayed and embarrassed, today we where unfortunate but at the same time deserved to lose.