Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Just irritates me. Just because we lost it means we were shit. NO not at all. We were a clinical striker from winning comfortably and just blew so many chances. Schurrle the worst culprit but i fucking swear, we play like that again and we'll fucking hammer someone and everyone will say how amazing we were. We lost and congrats to Everton but the scoreline doesn't show the true reflection of the game at all, not even slightly.

Everton won 1-0 and they were magnificent according to Jamie, bullshit-on the fence-backs both teams-knows fuck all-Redknapp. So then surely the team with 22 shots and close to 70% possession must have been amazingly stunningly magnificent. We all know scorelines are the most important thing but come on guys, come on give your team some fucking credit for fighting all the way and coming back again and again and again to try and get the goal. We tried everything today and unfortunately we came up just a bit short. Down to bad finishing and bad luck, that is all. Not because we were shit.

We'll be back.

This. Fuck it, one loss isn't going to ruin our season, we'll be back. This is fucking Jose Mourinho's Chelsea, so for all you plastic fucking fans, grow some balls and stop whining like little bitches when we lose one game to Everton for fuck sake.

And another thing I seen getting thrown around on here, the word 'Pathetic'.

How fucking dare people call 11 men who tried and tried and tried today, and ran their heart out for that fucking blue shirt that people like Matthew Harding died for to make sure it had pride in it, how fucking dare people call our team pathetic because we lost one game to Everton. Go fuck yourselves and go support someone else if your not going to respect the team.

Everyone seems to be a fucking manager these days, I'm suprised alot of people on here haven't got the Chelsea job with all their tactical knowledge.

It annoys me because the idiots give the forum a bad name when it does have some fantastic posters who know their stuff.

/Rant.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why??

Hazard is the player with more consistent voting in our MOTM poll. It really doesn't matter what he does in the matches, he'll always have at least 15 votes - regardless of how invisible he might be. I don't know what people take into account - and I don't mean Belgians here, as normally there are votes for Eden from all over. It makes no sense in my head. He's doing a good amount of nothing for us - with a few exceptions - since the season began and if you check the others polls he had certainly at least 15 votes in each of them. It's not even that sometimes he does play well, but how in all of our matches this season there were players who had clearly much better matches than him but he's still always voted expressively every single time - for someone that so far had one good match, one so-so and three completely forgettable matches with one, at most two moments of shine there's some serious overrating going on.

It has to be wishful thinking because everything else is a stretch in my eyes.

This. Fuck it, one loss isn't going to ruin our season, we'll be back. This is fucking Jose Mourinho's Chelsea, so for all you plastic fucking fans, grow some balls and stop whining like little bitches when we lose one game to Everton for fuck sake.

And another thing I seen getting thrown around on here, the word 'Pathetic'.

How fucking dare people call 11 men who tried and tried and tried today, and ran their heart out for that fucking blue shirt that people like Matthew Harding died for to make sure it had pride in it, how fucking dare people call our team pathetic because we lost one game to Everton. Go fuck yourselves and go support someone else if your not going to respect the team.

Everyone seems to be a fucking manager these days, I'm suprised alot of people on here haven't got the Chelsea job with all their tactical knowledge.

It annoys me because the idiots give the forum a bad name when it does have some fantastic posters who know their stuff.

/Rant.

There will be days like this. When the finishing is horrific. It's not like the boys failed to create chances because that would be bad.

Something I really don't get - why would you take off players who provide you width when you're down 1-0?! If anything you should bring on more players who can put in crosses so you can widen the pitch even more. United have done this for years and they've been proven successful with strategy.

@Strike also said the same, and sorry to disagree, but which match did you guys watch? Oscar for Mata did nothing to our width as we changed the players in the center and when Lampard entered Ramires moved to the right wing. Maybe going with Kevin in a direct exchange would have been better, but don't give me this width BS. Ramires was in the RW at all times once the subs were done.

Did it work? No. But Mata was completely useless and André while one of the players who created more for us was in a bad day technically - so much for creating and not capitalizing. I said during HT and I'll repeat it: I would have brought Torres for Schurrle and let Samuel move to the right - where he likes to play and where he created a few things for us today. And then I added: if Torres plays badly it'll just be another guy who had a poor day for us. At the end of the day Lampard, Oscar and Torres were just as bad as the rest of team technically. The whole team tried, they fought, they worked hard, but their last touch was just poor throughout the whole match.

Also, I'm just disagreeing with you guys, I don't want to fight and I'm not saying you don't have the right to think this way, but it's hard for me to understand someone say we were without wingers and lost width when Ramires was presenting himself to play in the right from the moment Lamps came in. It was yet another case of players lacking quality, but that's the beginning and the end of the problem in my eyes.

@Strike also said the same, and sorry to disagree, but which match did you guys watch? Oscar for Mata did nothing to our width as we changed the players in the center and when Lampard entered Ramires moved to the right wing. Maybe going with Kevin in a direct exchange would have been better, but don't give me this width BS. Ramires was in the RW at all times once the subs were done.

Did it work? No. But Mata was completely useless and André while one of the players who created more for us was in a bad day technically - so much for creating and not capitalizing. I said during HT and I'll repeat it: I would have brought Torres for Schurrle and let Samuel move to the right - where he likes to play and where he created a few things for us today. And then I added: if Torres plays badly it'll just be another guy who had a poor day for us. At the end of the day Lampard, Oscar and Torres were just as bad as the rest of team technically. The whole team tried, they fought, they worked hard, but their last touch was just poor throughout the whole match.

Lampard for Schurrle was the wrong choice.. Ramires is not a winger and it showed. He barely made a run down the channel. (Maybe once - The eto'o chance) Mostly stayed central. Even tried to poke in 1-2 of the crosses from the right but i thought, he should have been on the right putting the ball in

Only wide threat after the subs was Hazard, when he drifted to the flanks and Ivanovic on the right. Ivanovic tried but he's limited in what he can do

Lampard for Schurrle was the wrong choice.. Ramires is not a winger and it showed. He barely made a run down the channel. Mostly stayed central. Even tried to poke in 1-2 of the crosses from the right but i thought, he should have been on the right putting the ball in

well I remember many occasions where he was just by Ivanovic's side or with Oscar approaching him. I'm not saying it was a good sub, I'm just saying that Mourinho's plan wasn't to make us lose width - which I don't even think we did to be honest, as I said I remember many times seeing him there with the ball. Mou had a plan - it may have been a bad one and I can agree with you, but we didn't play without width. We played technically bad all over the pitch.

Jose's still getting to know the players and right now he trusts a few guys more than the rest: Oscar, Ramires, Lamps, Ivan, Hazard. He'll play with the players he trusts more until others earn his trust as well. He's making a few mistakes, but he's just getting started.

well I remember many occasions where he was just by Ivanovic's side or with Oscar approaching him. I'm not saying it was a good sub, I'm just saying that Mourinho's plan wasn't to make us lose width - which I don't even think we did to be honest, as I said I remember many times seeing him there with the ball. Mou had a plan - it may have been a bad one and I can agree with you, but we didn't play without width. We played technically bad all over the pitch.

Jose's still getting to know the players and right now he trusts a few guys more than the rest: Oscar, Ramires, Lamps, Ivan, Hazard. He'll play with the players he trusts more until others earn his trust as well. He's making a few mistakes, but he's just getting started.

Ramires played 4 games generally playing in the centre. Has looked good there too. Why stick him on the wing, all of a sudden, when we had Schurrle on the pitch and de Bruyne on the bench? That was my major gripe with the substitution

Ramires played 4 games generally playing in the centre. Has looked good there too. Why stick him on the wing, all of a sudden, when we had Schurrle on the pitch and de Bruyne on the bench? That was my major gripe with the substitution

twice now I think we took away the wrong players - who despite being not very good in the first half, were starting to peak in the second: Kevin (against Aston Villa) and André today. I would have given André a few more minutes and then replaced him if he didn't keep the crescendo. I'm not exempting him from guilt, but we didn't lose width because Mourinho purposefully decided to send the width to the skies. It didn't work as he expected. We remind me a lot of RM in the first two months playing under Mourinho. Then we improved a lot (we won in October by 6-1, 1-4, 6-1 and 1-3 - although two of those wins were against teams that ended up relegated), but it took another three months for the team to be sharp. Those were some long five-six months because despite the scores we've struggled and you all know how the weaker sides of La Liga are... shamefully useless and they give up on the matches against RM and Barça in the dressing room.

But tactically and technically it wasn't until around February/2011 that we started playing like the RM we were for the next two and a half seasons. I keep saying this season is transitional and a few people disagree because of the squad we have. It doesn't matter how deep the squad - if anything it will make Mourinho take longer to figure out the best players to play.

What a game! Thought we played well. But our missed chances coupled with great defending from Everton let us down.

Mikel played well. Hard to choose a motm, but id go for Rami, put some great balls in and had great work rate once again.

This is the way I saw it.

Chelsea cannot win on the road, so far one draw & a loss. Winning away from home is much needed to aspire for PL title.

A lack of goal-scoring from strikers, why has Lukaku joined Everton, Luiz wandering too far, Hazard has no place on the wing, Mata was not match ready, Cech made a mistake...

Recently, I had read " Chelsea is not a physical club " says Jose. Sometimes, I wonder whether Jose will be capable to play with so many skillful players. To me, there are still too many players on the squad.

Willian must start the next match, teams doubling up hazard on the left flank because he's our only dribbler is a disaster.

Mou must tell ashely cole to make runs ahead of hazard and provide some width or he can piss of to the bench for bertrand.

Mata needs to find his tempo somehow unless I don't see mou risking another match for him instead of playing oscar from the start.

Eto was good but the keeper and barry made nice saves, but he was lacking small match fitness like mata.

Schurrle was good but needs to work on his finishing, its horrific just shoot on target FFS

Ivanovic was good

Mikel was good

I hope mourinho knows now that ramires on the flanks is horrible. We should have managed on with schurrle like that and hoped he finally scored, because we were getting more chances then.

We had plenty chances, it wasn't as bad as people slating mourinho are making it out to be.

We had 22 shots 6 on target. But the on target chances didn't include eto's miss from a header, schurrles 3 blatant misses, mata's miss in the box, and garreth barry's block.

Stupid match, move on.

Schurrle was horrific.

He was horrific for missing chances.

But I can't remember one chance we created after he came off, we became too narrow

the mistake was putting ramires on the wing instead of KDB. I'll rather keep schurrle on for width.