Everton 1-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

Lol @ this undercover City/United/Arsenal/Liverpool/whatever fan saying "we"

I am surprised you are even paying any attention to him. It did not take me long to realise he came here to contribute BS to the forum.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who are we to complain about having more shots, more possession, looking more dangerous but not winning. have we so conveniently forgotten the 2012 CL semis and finals.

sanchez, fabregas missing easy chances, messi misssing penalties, robben-penalty, gomez- chance after chance and the list goes on and on and on. as i said before FINISHING is also an aspect of the game. just like passing, tackling, positioning etc. infact its the most important aspect of the game.

The top 6 is already formated and we are bottom of it - feels sick.

We got KDB, Oscar, Mata, hazard and all the creativity in the world and still can't create some chances against an Everton side which is decent at best.

Hopefully we do not play the whole season with 3 misfiring strikers. Eto'o is one of the best of all times, surely he will not have Torres's confidence issues.

It will just make our victories sweeter. That's football for you. We definitely need to work on our finishing for sure. It's kind of depressing to think that Eto'o scored on his debut for Barca, Inter and Anzhi but couldn't for us. Makes it feel like we're cursed.

Just irritates me. Just because we lost it means we were shit. NO not at all. We were a clinical striker from winning comfortably and just blew so many chances. Schurrle the worst culprit but i fucking swear, we play like that again and we'll fucking hammer someone and everyone will say how amazing we were. We lost and congrats to Everton but the scoreline doesn't show the true reflection of the game at all, not even slightly.

Everton won 1-0 and they were magnificent according to Jamie, bullshit-on the fence-backs both teams-knows fuck all-Redknapp. So then surely the team with 22 shots and close to 70% possession must have been amazingly stunningly magnificent. We all know scorelines are the most important thing but come on guys, come on give your team some fucking credit for fighting all the way and coming back again and again and again to try and get the goal. We tried everything today and unfortunately we came up just a bit short. Down to bad finishing and bad luck, that is all. Not because we were shit.

We'll be back.

Spot on, good post. We played nicely, had problems finishing chances but it will improve. And it was Everton, never an easy place to go to, no shame especially if you look at the stats.

shoot me now but Cole is done imo he has lost alot of pace and dont really seem like he cares much now tbh.

He's still most very good but he needs to be rested now and again. He's started 7 games in 4 weeks. He was terrible today. If Chelsea don't trust Bertrand to back up Cole then they need to go out and buy...another attacking midfielder.

who are we to complain about having more shots, more possession, looking more dangerous but not winning. have we so conveniently forgotten the 2012 CL semis and finals.

sanchez, fabregas missing easy chances, messi misssing penalties, robben-penalty, gomez- chance after chance and the list goes on and on and on. as i said before FINISHING is also an aspect of the game. just like passing, tackling, positioning etc. infact its the most important aspect of the game.

Exactly, poor finishing has been plaguing this team for the past few seasons...granted Everton rode their luck at times, and Howard pulled off more than one spectacular save but that's not an excuse.

Anyway, all I can say is...annoying weekend..especially when you look at the league table right now. You can also expect the media to pounce on this opportunity to spin more crap together about the team management.

CAN't WAIT for the next game.

He's still most very good but he needs to be rested now and again. He's started 7 games in 4 weeks. He was terrible today. If Chelsea don't trust Bertrand to back up Cole then they need to go out and buy...another attacking midfielder.

A reasonable non Knee Jerk post ... :whisky:

we are so inconsistent and i'm getting sick of it, it's become too predictable

everytime we look to be going on a run we shoot ourselves in the foot, time after time after time

We havent really looked like going on a run yet..2 okay ish games then the Cup and Man U now this..on a shit run.

I agree... just looking to the bench and seeing how the alternative is Bertrand is so depressing... and I've been complaining about Cole for a while now - because the guy is only human, he has great matches, but sometimes he disappears and others he's just plain poor. we have two good RFB and one good prospect in Wallace and half a good LFB...

That said defensively I think Cole is still decent most of the time, is going to the attack where he fails more often now.

been saying it for two season now, we need to buy Shaw.

4 games, 4 goals and none of them were scored by our strikers

one direct free-kick, one header of Ivanovic offside, only oscar's goal was goal after a good play.

I hope we don't do much more scrappy games when we have to outmuscle players as we don't have them to do that.