Willian

Jase

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Lets be honest here it won't change who they are and what they are, he will be OK for them and nothing more.

If they are happy outlaying huge wages for him at his age then let them crack on.

Far more exciting and better things happening at CFC than not just Arsenal but even Tottenham.

Why you have Arsenal player as your favorite? :finger:

On 14/08/2020 at 1:14 PM, Vesper said:

does Robbie actually believe the tosh he is spewing????

wtf

7 great seasons??????, Willian as our mainstay player?????

How the hell has it gone unnoticed that both Conte and Sarri preferred Pedro?

On 11/08/2020 at 10:52 AM, Vincent said:

I find it remarkable how the big majority of the people here think Ziyech is going to succeed at Chelsea so easily. I think he will have big problems adapting to the Premier League, although i obviously hope he does well. I've seen him so many times and am simply not convinced and yes, he did very well in the Champions League. But let's be clear, how many games have you seen him in the Champions League? We can say we're lucky that we've signed him and the competition has been asleep, but i highly doubt that. 

A dose of reality. 

On 14/08/2020 at 5:29 PM, Fulham Broadway said:

He had around 100 million in the bank last year, now the gooners going to give him another 36 million. Not bad for the lad born into poverty

Well played that man.

I'd have been OK with Willian staying as a squad player on squad player wages but it's understandable if he wanted more than that, both on the pitch and in the bank. In the circumstances no one blames him for taking Arsenal's money and everyone would have been up in arms if Chelsea had offered him that kind of deal. All in all, the lad can go with our best wishes. He certainly has mine.

14 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

I don't believe for one second Man City, Man United and Bayern offered him a 2-year contract. That is just BS. Even if they did, them offering 2 years just like us, should have been a red flag moment but only Arsenal were desperate enough to offer 3 years.

And Willian felt discredited? :lol: He might have overestimated his position or overplayed his cards. He is 32 years old this year. Did he really expect the club to give him a long term deal at that age? He should have been thankful that he even got 2 years, when the likes of Terry and Lampard didn't even get more than 1 year in the past and they contributed and achieved far more than Willian did!

Tbf he had more goals and assists involvements than any other of our attacking midfield/wide players in the league last season. He wasnt a massive player for us on that front every season but if he replicates that or betters it for Arsenal, he will be a reasonable signing for them. I know the 3 year deal is a bit long but I can see why he feels a bit hard done by perhaps. Lampard will also be annoyed that somebody he was desperate to keep has left to a rival, similarly to Conte when the club sold Matic. Obviously expect Ziyech to hit the ground running but still think letting one of your most productive players go to a rival who will be competing with you isnt the best idea.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf he had more goals and assists involvements than any other of our attacking midfield/wide players in the league last season. He wasnt a massive player for us on that front every season but if he replicates that or betters it for Arsenal, he will be a reasonable signing for them. I know the 3 year deal is a bit long but I can see why he feels a bit hard done by perhaps. Lampard will also be annoyed that somebody he was desperate to keep has left to a rival, similarly to Conte when the club sold Matic. Obviously expect Ziyech to hit the ground running but still think letting one of your most productive players go to a rival who will be competing with you isnt the best idea.

I know goals are goals but a lot of Willian's goal this season came from penalties and free kicks, which obviously means he didn't score a lot from open play. 

Will Willian better that at Arsenal? I highly doubt it. He has scored more than 5 league goals per season in only 3 of the 7 seasons here and he averaged only 9 goals per season overall. Too lazy to go through each of his goals but take away the penalties and free kicks, the goal output would be considerably less. 

Feel hard done by because the club didn't want him to give him a 3-year deal? He must be living in dreamland then.