Willian

Jase

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Fernando said:

Yeah he would have sold Willian but because we sack him and then got Sarri who wanted to keep Willian. 

That is the problem of constantly changing managers. 

At least with Lampard we are getting the right players in. 

The other problem with selling Willian was that we knew Hazard was going and needed some stability in the playing squad owing to all the managerial changes. Personally, I think that is what kept him here. 

As to Willian now, it is funny to see Le Arse fans now recognising how unproductive he is. Penny starting to drop on their forums 😂

11 hours ago, King Kante said:

The other problem with selling Willian was that we knew Hazard was going and needed some stability in the playing squad owing to all the managerial changes. Personally, I think that is what kept him here. 

As to Willian now, it is funny to see Le Arse fans now recognising how unproductive he is. Penny starting to drop on their forums 😂

I parituclarly like that afte rhis 2 assists vs relegation candidates fulham on opening day  after which they hailed him as the 2nd coming of pele, he has produced exactly 0 goals or assists

also this comment on the arsenal forum

Just need Willian to get adjusted to the Premier League. The weather, city etc. Maybe get some Brazilian players in to help him settle.

somehow cracked me up

The audacity of Robbie from AFTV saying Ziyesh is good but Willy is a far better player, yeah suck on that Robbie, laughing stock. They fired like 55 staff members so they could afford Willy's wages for 3 damn years at 200K a week...bloody shambles.

The pitchforks are out at Arsenal Mania. I am glad we did not sign him for three years. It would have just tarnished his history here. He was a safe starter for Lampard and Lamps liked that, it was just a matter of time before his abilities not only declined but went off the cliff. He is helping us for the next three years now, draining $200K a week from Arsenal's budget.

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The pitchforks are out at Arsenal Mania. I am glad we did not sign him for three years. It would have just tarnished his history here. He was a safe starter for Lampard and Lamps liked that, it was just a matter of time before his abilities not only declined but went off the cliff. He is helping us for the next three years now, draining $200K a week from Arsenal's budget.

That's a good way to see it. Also he might very well block the shit out of their talented youngsters' devlopments. Last season he was vital no doubt, but having Ziyech is the huge upgrade we all hoped for. 32 y.o. Willian is not even that much faster than Ziyech rn so there is not really anything apart from his defence workrate he still offers.

I also had to laugh at how one arse fan on the forum wanted to sell the idea that 40m all in wages+signing fee for Willian was a better deal than 70m transfer fee+wages for Ziyech.