Spike

When exactly did Griezmann said he isn't coming to us?

Cant find the report I read where he said he was happy to stay but heres a similar kinda one.

Griezmann :

"We will give everything to have a good pre season and be prepared for big matches and the Champions League.

"I want to score as many goals as I did this season, or more, next season."

Earlier this week, Jose Mourinho tried to play down talk Chelsea are keen on the striker.

He said: "Griezmann is a great striker but is not within our objectives to strengthen the squad for next season."

However, according to sources in France, Griezmann himself might decide against a departure as he feels more than happy at the Vicente Calderon.

But, more importantly, the red-hot striker is worried that any move away might affect his free-scoring form ahead of an important summer next year.

Euro 2016 is being held in his native France and the Burgundy-born striker is desperate to play a key role for his country back on home soil.

However, his place could come under threat if he fails to settle in at a new club quickly and he may not be prepared to take that risk, it has been suggested.

I guess we are interested quite a bit but Atletico are probably asking his full buyout clause and we are reluctant to pay.

Still, it's just the mere beginning of transfer talk, we've got quite a bit left until the window is closed so chill :D

I know transfers are difficult looking at it from all points of view. But I dont know why all the groundworks not been done pre silly season. at least reps talking to each other. Now whether Emenalo and the crew have set out feelers we will never know untill someone writes their memoirs.

But as far as not meeting the buyout thats beyond me.It seems we have a £30mill cutoff fee and we wont get cheapo deals like costa and cescy every day. we need to spend some dosh for the players we need. Otherwise we will end up with wannabes and hasbeens.

I like the lad and think he would go down a treat. I also think he would really help Costa.

In Atletico I saw him mainly as a 2nd striker and he didn't played the ball a lot, the same happend for France yesterday when he plays RW. I can see why Mourinho won't go for this, not a ball playing winger, his profile is of a striker more than anything. Could see him being a success here though, with Cesc looking for his run, and him finishing plays when we're trying to break a parked bus, but 60m it's a lot to pay for him.

In the current market state, 60 Millions for Griezmann is just a bit high, I'd say 45 tops, but if we really want him we have no choice.

Anyways, José said yesterday that the main objective is to strenghten the squad, not bringing starting 11 players because we already have enough quality for that, and I agree with him, it oubviously depends on how Oscar will play but Willian-Oscar-Hazard when fit and fresh is top class offense.

All we need is rotation players to keep them fresh, that's what Shuerrle and Salah failed to do, Cuadrado looked really good in the last game against Sunderland and the one with the Colombia, so we'll have to see.

In the current market state, 60 Millions for Griezmann is just a bit high, I'd say 45 tops, but if we really want him we have no choice.

Anyways, José said yesterday that the main objective is to strenghten the squad, not bringing starting 11 players because we already have enough quality for that, and I agree with him, it oubviously depends on how Oscar will play but Willian-Oscar-Hazard when fit and fresh is top class offense.

All we need is rotation players to keep them fresh, that's what Shuerrle and Salah failed to do, Cuadrado looked really good in the last game against Sunderland and the one with the Colombia, so we'll have to see.

Really? You think Willian is good enough as our RW? He creates nothing there, he's so much better as a 10. We really have to upgrade our RW, it's one of our worst positions imo.

Really? You think Willian is good enough as our RW? He creates nothing there, he's so much better as a 10. We really have to upgrade our RW, it's one of our worst positions imo.

I have a feeling Mourinho will try Remy on the wing if Cuadrado continues being poo. Hence, Falcao.

When Oscar is fit, there are no questions asked, the 3 interchange positions and Hazard Willian Oscar play equally as 7-10-11.

In fact, this is how important Oscar is for us, when he's there and fit, we don't have that kind of problems since he kind of organizes everything, and allows Willian more freedom by tracking back himself.

And aside from the fact that he's been playing extremely well on 10 and 11 lately, I believe Willian has unleashed himself offensively in the last months, regardeless of the position, and I believe it will only get better.

Mourinho certainly disagrees. He dropped Oscar in any sort of bigger game whenever he had choice to. Oscar has only played when there were no alternatives.

He even put Azpilicueta to play as a winger against Atletico because he had more faith in him than in Oscar.

Mourinho comments mean next to nothing regarding transfer window. If Mou would have a chance to swap Oscar with Koke he certainly would take it. And already showed that he has enough of Fabregas in bigger games when he had to bring half-fit Ramires in to help midfield. He surely would take some physical midfielder into the side.

Mourinho certainly disagrees. He dropped Oscar in any sort of bigger game whenever he had choice to. Oscar has only played when there were no alternatives.

He even put Azpilicueta to play as a winger against Atletico because he had more faith in him than in Oscar.

Mourinho comments mean next to nothing regarding transfer window. If Mou would have a chance to swap Oscar with Koke he certainly would take it. And already showed that he has enough of Fabregas in bigger games when he had to bring half-fit Ramires in to help midfield. He surely would take some physical midfielder into the side.

Disagree about your first paragraph, it is definitely your opinion and assumption rather than Mourinho thinking. He is dropping Oscar and choose Fabregas instead as no 10, mainly against attacking teams when away, because Jose basically want to put more players in midfield to hold the ball and easily build the counter from there. Fabregas playing more deep most of the time, only when we attack or counter he then play as no 10. Yes, Fabregas is more fit to execute that role than Oscar, no one will deny this.

Oscar still in Jose plan, because against defending or inferior teams, Oscar style of play more suited as our no 10.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You