Spike

On 3/24/2017 at 5:39 PM, manpe said:

They wouldn't last a day over here. Pussies indeed, but on the other hand if you took me out of my normal climate and put me in some constantly dry hot weather I wouldn't probably play as well. One point we must understand is that those types of players have the luxury to choose where they play, it's not all only about football, it's also about quality of life. They are mega rich, spoilt and living dream lives and if they feel they wouldn't be as happy in a different climate then they have every right to choose the path that increases their quality of life. I don't know if that makes sense to you. I also consider people like that pussies because I am used to shitty weather, but then I think if I had to consider living in Australia climate would be a big factor in my decision because I can't stand heat. Maybe it's the same with them and rain/cold.

Nonsense, they have so much money they can get the best health treatment, best nutrition, etc, etc. Their quality of life is in no way affected living in a colder country. Tell me about the quality of life in the Middle East and Africa where it's scorching hot and people are dropping dead due to starvation and diseases. Footballers in the modern day are molly coddled. Griezmann is from France where the temperature (barring the South) is not much different than London/South of England. Of course a player can choose where he wants to live and work, but to act like they're paupers who are choosing a quality of life is ridiculous. They are healthy guys who run around a lot for a living and earn a fortune doing so. look at Gabriel Jesus as an example; a talented young Brazilian with tons of potential, decided to move to arguably one of the colder places in England, yet he isn't whining about where he wants to go. To him, living in England provides a much higher quality of life than his life in Brazil. Griezmann doesn't have to move in all honesty, Atletico are a top club. Will he be much better off moving to Man Utd or to Chelsea? Who knows, maybe, maybe not. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

*slits wrist*

Means nothing. He's said numerous times in the past he's fed up with being asked about his future, maybe he's now decided to fuck around with the media to cause controversy. 

Just now, It's too big said:

Means nothing. He's said numerous times in the past he's fed up with being asked about his future, maybe he's now decided to fuck around with the media to cause controversy. 

TBF, he also said 7/10 he'll stay at Atletico.

9 minutes ago, mediator said:

it will depend if Man U win the europe league and will play CL next year

My thoughts exactly. It's 6/10 now before the EL Final. It'll probably be a done deal should United win it, no deal should Ajax batter them.

I for one would go for him if United fail to win the EL. Especially now with the Alexis Sanchez rumours gathering pace that he's joining Bayern.

Griezmann's clearly opened to a change and to be fair I think it'd be a perfect fit for this Conte setup. He's also coming from a similar training and tactics regime. 

5 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

My thoughts exactly. It's 6/10 now before the EL Final. It'll probably be a done deal should United win it, no deal should Ajax batter them.

I for one would go for him if United fail to win the EL. Especially now with the Alexis Sanchez rumours gathering pace that he's joining Bayern.

Griezmann's clearly opened to a change and to be fair I think it'd be a perfect fit for this Conte setup. He's also coming from a similar training and tactics regime. 

I know it's Man United and there's potentially the lure of Champions League but don't get why would any top player in their right mind want to play for Mourinho. Have they not watched Mourinho's football? Have they not seen or read the amount of BS Mourinho does to his players?

Think regardless of whether they win the final they'll go crazy in the transfer market. Maybe slightly crazier if they win. They so desperately want to be the Madrid or Bayern of the PL by buying big name after big name. Griezmann will be one of about 3 or 4 "Galacticos" they'll bring in, imo.

I trust Conte (if given the backing by the board) to buy intelligently enough to stay at the top. Both ourselves and Spuds (Liverpool, too, to a lesser extent) proved this season that simply bringing in huge names isn't a guarnetee of success. 

But yeah, I expect them to break the transfer record more than once this summer.

Just now, Pizy said:

Think regardless of whether they win the final they'll go crazy in the transfer market. Maybe slightly crazier if they win. They so desperately want to be the Madrid or Bayern of the PL by buying big name after big name. Griezmann will be one of about 3 or 4 "Galacticos" they'll bring in, imo.

I trust Conte (if given the backing by the board) to buy intelligently enough to stay at the top. Both ourselves and Spuds (Liverpool, too, to a lesser extent) proved this season that simply bringing in huge names isn't a guarnetee of success. 

But yeah, I expect them to break the transfer record more than once this summer.

We need to spend big too. I don't care if we won the title pretty easily this season but going with the same squad to next season would possibly be 10/11 season or even 15/16. Man Utd are going to break world records again without a doubt. And we still don't know what Man City are thinking but they will spend big too I suppose. Need 4/5 new players, and 3 or 4 of them being starting 11 players. 

4 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

We need to spend big too. I don't care if we won the title pretty easily this season but going with the same squad to next season would possibly be 10/11 season or even 15/16. Man Utd are going to break world records again without a doubt. And we still don't know what Man City are thinking but they will spend big too I suppose. Need 4/5 new players, and 3 or 4 of them being starting 11 players. 

I agree. I doubt we'll even try to compete with United spending wise, though. I may be proven wrong if the Lukaku figures turn out to be true, but I can't really imagine us spending £80-100m on a single player like they do.

I think we'll be buying a bunch of very good player with potential to become great whereas United will buy ready made superstars like Griezmann and like they did with Ibra and Pogba. Mourinho absolutely needs to win a big trophy next season or he'll have failed. He'll spend ludicrous amounts of money to try to ensure it happens.

We thought the spending of the Manchester clubs was insane last summer but I think this one will blow it away.

44 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Griezmann also said his future will be finalised in next two weeks...

Utd bound then does anybody know A. Madrid transfer banned been lifted yet?  

33 minutes ago, the wes said:

Utd bound then does anybody know A. Madrid transfer banned been lifted yet?  

I heard it has been lifted, but not from very reliable source, so dont take it for granted. 

That said, Lacazette and lyon boss pretty much said Lacazette is leaving Lyon for Atletico, so I guess if ban wasnt lifted just yet, there is huge possibility it will be soon.

You just know Lacazette will be next big thing in atletico, after Aguero, Falcao, Costa and Griezmann haha

I also think its very good thing United and city gonna spend alot this summer. All these years, best players were leaving england and spain totaly dominated europe. I think things will slowly change and eventualy english clubs and football will be back on top. Thats great for Chelsea also, because we will simply have to improve and improve if we want to be competitive against manchesters. 

Some realy promising seasons ahead for Premier League.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

I heard it has been lifted, but not from very reliable source, so dont take it for granted. 

That said, Lacazette and lyon boss pretty much said Lacazette is leaving Lyon for Atletico, so I guess if ban wasnt lifted just yet, there is huge possibility it will be soon.

You just know Lacazette will be next big thing in atletico, after Aguero, Falcao, Costa and Griezmann haha

I also think its very good thing United and city gonna spend alot this summer. All these years, best players were leaving england and spain totaly dominated europe. I think things will slowly change and eventualy english clubs and football will be back on top. Thats great for Chelsea also, because we will simply have to improve and improve if we want to be competitive against manchesters. 

Some realy promising seasons ahead for Premier League.

No, it has not been decided yet, Atm only has appealed to the court. Frankly, I do not think they will get the same treatment as real madrid and papa perez and I hope it stays that way cause they are a bunch of chealskates who only want to pay 32m for Costa. It would affect our transfer fund.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

I know it's Man United and there's potentially the lure of Champions League but don't get why would any top player in their right mind want to play for Mourinho. Have they not watched Mourinho's football? Have they not seen or read the amount of BS Mourinho does to his players?

Because Utd pay absurd wages.You think he'll come to us and get paid more than hazard?

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

I agree. I doubt we'll even try to compete with United spending wise, though. I may be proven wrong if the Lukaku figures turn out to be true, but I can't really imagine us spending £80-100m on a single player like they do.

I think we'll be buying a bunch of very good player with potential to become great whereas United will buy ready made superstars like Griezmann and like they did with Ibra and Pogba. Mourinho absolutely needs to win a big trophy next season or he'll have failed. He'll spend ludicrous amounts of money to try to ensure it happens.

We thought the spending of the Manchester clubs was insane last summer but I think this one will blow it away.

They will probably get Griezmann and some smaller additions. 

Shame is José will probably win the Europa League final and it will overshadow his Premier League mediocrity this season.

City will probably buy a whole new XI. I fear them more than ManUtd. Insane because Pep has already spend like crazy last summer. 

Griezmann isn't really worth anywhere near the amount that is being talked about. 

Call me crazy, but I don't think he comes in here and changes anything as far as the dynamic of the team, or makes us significantly stronger. I just don't see how he can bring anything more than what Pedro brought this season. Think he is very much the big fish in the small pond type. Much like how some raved about Mata here, but when he finally had to be apart of the big team, he really did look... average. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You