Spike

Agreed overall he is still an amazing player judging from the past 5 years. However we can see how quickly things change in football, maybe those ankle injuries did him harm in the long term more than we know now. Look at Gundogan, since 2013 he has never been the same and now on Bayern forums they are annoyed that they are being linked with him, even the Dortmund Director had to come out and encourage bids because no one want him anymore.

Imo this next season will be the best to judge Reus as to whether he has fully recovered.

I agree, but Dortmund won't be playing at the same level next season.

The season before wasn't great either.

Especially in the first half of the season 2013/2014 he was poor. Look at his finishing, he wasted a lot chances.

He is an opportunity killer!

The second half of the season 2013/2014 he was better. Even though the first game against Real Madrid was abysmal, yeah the second one was pretty good.

In my point of view Reus isn't a big game player. He was poor in the Champions-League final against Bayern Munich, he continued to be poor against Bayern Munich in the DFB cup final and this year, he was disastrous against Wolfsburg in the cup final.

At the biggest stage, he can't handle the pressure and isn't able to lead his team to glory.

That's a generell problem for him.

He failed to accomplish the test for his driving license. He is afraid and handles the pressure not very well, he admitted to that in the past!

Griezmann isn't that sensible. He consistently improves. I think he has what it takes to be a game changer.

But do we really need Griezmann at Chelsea?!

I don't think so because Mourinho likes Willian and despite the fact that he is a very good number 10, he will continue playing on the right side.

Ivanovic is one of Mourinhos most trusted lieutenants and Willian is necessary to cover the space when he goes forward.

Lol what? Reus poor in the CL final which he won the pen? the 1st game against Madrid was terrible because the whole team was, that is like saying Costa was terrible against Madrid because they lose 3-0 in Copa last season there even though he scored the winner against them before and in cup final 13. You can't always be great against the same opposition let alone Real Madrid, one of the top 3 teams in the world.

He can't handle the pressure...wtf where do you pull these sort of ideas out of. Him not passing a driving test got nothing to do with unabling to handle pressure, if he did have that problem why did he still drive illegally anyway and not hire a driver.

I agree he is now questionable in the future due to recent injuries problems but saying he has never been that great it absolutely ridiculous, don't present your opinions as fact.

I agree, but Dortmund won't be playing at the same level next season.

Shouldn't be a problem if he still got it he will score around 15 goals, he still got good top 6 quality players around him in Mikhytaryan, Bender...etc and they still play Europa League.

Shouldn't be a problem if he still got it he will score around 15 goals, he still got good top 6 quality players around him in Mikhytaryan, Bender...etc and they still play Europa League.

I expect more players to leave personally. I just hope he regains his form from seasons past.

Lol what? Reus poor in the CL final which he won the pen? the 1st game against Madrid was terrible because the whole team was, that is like saying Costa was terrible against Madrid because they lose 3-0 in Copa last season there even though he scored the winner against them before and in cup final 13. You can't always be great against the same opposition let alone Real Madrid, one of the top 3 teams in the world.

He can't handle the pressure...wtf where do you pull these sort of ideas out of. Him not passing a driving test got nothing to do with unabling to handle pressure, if he did have that problem why did he still drive illegally anyway and not hire a driver.

I agree he is now questionable in the future due to recent injuries problems but saying he has never been that great it absolutely ridiculous, don't present your opinions as fact.

That's my opinion, i never said it was a fact! Sorry, you have actually got it wrong!

Reus has the abilites to be a worldclass player, that's a fact, i don't think you would disagree on that one, would you?

For me passing a test is a complete different thing than avoiding it. If you participate in a test, you will be under huge pressure, because of the investigator who is looking to fail you. Reus decided to take the easy way out and skipped it. Coward!

Why didn't he hire a driver, when his unable to pass it?!

For me he showed with that horrible decision what kind of a person he is.

Driving without a license is a fellany; if a person is willingly committing a crime and endangering his environment, then you have to question his personality. Moreover these guys are role models for the children...

Sometimes every professional player has a bad game, even Messi can't always decide tight games, for example the world cup final against Germany. You said it yourself, Costa decided some of the big games.

In my point of view (not a fact) the performances of Reus in the big games were often poor.

When was the last time he single handedly won a big game for his team and progressed in the competition?

Yeah in the Champions-League final he won the penalty, that performance wasn't that bad. I agree with you on that one! My bad, sorry.

But in two german cup finals, he was very poor in my view, of course that's not a fact.

You can't rely too much on your team, i demand from a star player like Reus that he steps up and takes responsibility in the big games.

Hazard does it time and time again. So does Griezmann.

You said it yourself, in the past he has had injury problems. Furthermore he is 2 years older than Griezmann.

I still prefer Griezmann, because he did a great job in Spain.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You