Spike

They sold Mandzukic for around 20m, and will loan Correa and Raul Gimenez to Porto (at least that is a rumour). And they stil have that guy Leo Baptistao or whatever his name was. Quite a big thing few seasons ago, but gets on average loans every year...so they might sell him too. And they got some money for Miranda too.

That makes JM, Vietto and Griezmann. Last two can play on wing too, so I dont see a real problem. Atletico few seasons ago was a 2nd tier club. They were buying big like Falcao, but also selling big (Aguero etc). I think they have alot more money now, and IMO Simeone wants to create a top club who will compete with Barca/Real. Thats why he doesnt want to sell and wont sell players even if bigger offers come, unless players decide to leave.

AND they have guys like Guilavogui on loan at Wolfsburg (probably wolfsburg will pay nice bucks for him), Oliver Torres who was on loan at Porto. And Saul. Big talents, but all wont stay there so I can see Atletco earn some money from there too.

Leo was involved in the Vietto deal. He has gone the other way on loan.

Not really, having a much needed English player at an English club who lacks them for an extra £5 is worth while.

Chelsea won't pay 45m for Griezmann i don't think, so it's even more unlikely they pay more; for a worse player in Sterling.

Not really, having a much needed English player at an English club who lacks them for an extra £5 is worth while.

But that extra 5 means 50m and for that price he needs to do better than 11 goals and 4 assist. I'm sure we can find another English player who is not "worth" 50m. Griezmann offer much more than Sterling, he can score, he can assist. He is playing amazing under Simeone who is simillar to Mourinho, and because of that I would be happy if we sign Griezmann or Koke.

Sterling's not worth the extra 5 million, that's the problem.

If we want a quality english player, I'd spend the money on John Stones (as a potential replacement for JT), not Raheem Sterling

I presume you're talking about Vietto. I wasn't aware of their interest in him. Atletico are know for buying big money strikers.

NO. Atletico are interested..................................

I don't get the hype around this lad. I have watched him plenty and whilst he's a good player the price and the way people are speaking I don't agree with.

It's the market. He's not worth £45m, but he's much better than Sterling and is cheaper, probably. He's not a top winger though.

Atletico activated Jackson Martinez clause and now have to pay full amount of 35m€ over the next 60 days while Miranda and Madzukic payments are spread over multiple years. Guess where will Atletico get that money from ?

From Juve. They just sold Mandzukic. Not the complete fee but it sure does cover a lot.

Atletico activated Jackson Martinez clause and now have to pay full amount of 35m over the next 60 days while Miranda and Madzukic payments are spread over multiple years. Guess where will Atletico get that money from ?

Atletico aren't in the financial difficulties they were a few years back. Quite the opposite actually.

Atletico is doing great job again, they have great young players with big potential, and now they are going to buy Martinez (player in his prime) + Koke, Griezmann (even they are still young to be fair), and probably they are going to sign Vietto from Villareal. They are building strong team for future, Simeone is great manager.

Atletico is doing great job again, they have great young players with big potential, and now they are going to buy Martinez (player in his prime) + Koke, Griezmann (even they are still young to be fair), and probably they are going to sign Vietto from Villareal. They are building strong team for future, Simeone is great manager.

They seem to be able to sell good players and buy great replacements. They certainly do have that magnetism that players WANT to go to them.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You