xPetrCechx

Surprised there's been no mention of this. Graham Hunter who's a 'La Liga Expert' and very reliable as far as I'm aware said on Radio and on TV that Isco is chelsea bound in Summer.

Graham Hunter isn't an expert, he's just one of those journalist that can't stop riding Barcelona's d*ck. Isco is exactly what Chelsea doesn't need, another number 10. He's a brilliant player but how are we going to fit Mata, Oscar and Isco in the same starting 11, without playing one or two out of position. The solution would be playing them on the wings but that is just a pure waste of talent imo.

Graham Hunter isn't an expert, he's just one of those journalist that can't stop riding Barcelona's d*ck. Isco is exactly what Chelsea doesn't need, another number 10. He's a brilliant player but how are we going to fit Mata, Oscar and Isco in the same starting 11, without playing one or two out of position. The solution would be playing them on the wings but that is just a pure waste of talent imo.

Hence why I wrote it as 'La Liga expert' as he's referred too like that on sky sports news at times. Oscar is more than likely going to be used in a deeper role I'm guessing

Couldnt have said better myself...

We have a massive issue with our squad if you haven't noticed. We play a lot of games in a season and don't have enough players. If we're successful then we're going to play 60-65 games a season. We need good players in the squad so that when there are injuries, loss of form or suspensions there isn't the massive drop in quality from a Hazard to a Marin.

Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Moses and Isco (if we do sign him) would be a brilliant group of attacking midfielders. We don't play in Spain where there is no competition and players are fully fit for the whole season. Players get tired in this league, they get injured and did I mention they get tired? Because they do. Oh, and there's no winter break. Look at Mata for various spells this season where he has looked exhausted but has HAD to play because we simply can't do without him.

And they're not all number 10's. Football has moved on from the days players played in one position and one position only. Oscar is multifunctional, Mata is and so too is Hazard. Moses can play both sides and even through the middle. I haven't seen enough of Isco but if he's like the rest of this Spanish generation then he can play a variety of positions too.

We need good players and a lot of them.

We have a massive issue with our squad if you haven't noticed. We play a lot of games in a season and don't have enough players. If we're successful then we're going to play 60-65 games a season. We need good players in the squad so that when there are injuries, loss of form or suspensions there isn't the massive drop in quality from a Hazard to a Marin.

Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Moses and Isco (if we do sign him) would be a brilliant group of attacking midfielders. We don't play in Spain where there is no competition and players are fully fit for the whole season. Players get tired in this league, they get injured and did I mention they get tired? Because they do. Oh, and there's no winter break. Look at Mata for various spells this season where he has looked exhausted but has HAD to play because we simply can't do without him.

And they're not all number 10's. Football has moved on from the days players played in one position and one position only. Oscar is multifunctional, Mata is and so too is Hazard. Moses can play both sides and even through the middle. I haven't seen enough of Isco but if he's like the rest of this Spanish generation then he can play a variety of positions too.

We need good players and a lot of them.

Good point about versatile players...but signing Isco would be a waste of money. I'd much rather see Chelsea give De Bruyne a chance

Anyway..In terms of midfielders, all we need is a DM/CM who can play a squad role until Chalobah is ready for the first team.

If Marin leaves, Isco signing would be good.

KDB will not play in the attacking three IMO. He's being streamlined to play as the distributor in the pivot - so no problem there.

Basically we'd have Isco, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses for the attacking three with KDB as back up as he is able to play there and for the pivot we'd have something like Mikel, KDB, Lampard (hopefully), Ramires with Luiz and Oscar also being able to play there.

That's the way I'd manage the team anyway.

If Marin leaves, Isco signing would be good.

KDB will not play in the attacking three IMO. He's being streamlined to play as the distributor in the pivot - so no problem there.

Basically we'd have Isco, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses for the attacking three with KDB as back up as he is able to play there and for the pivot we'd have something like Mikel, KDB, Lampard (hopefully), Ramires with Luiz and Oscar also being able to play there.

That's the way I'd manage the team anyway.

Can't see KDB starting the season as the only or even main pivot guy. He's playing (successfully) as a fairly attacking midfielder this season and his strengths right now mostly seem to be in that position. I'm curious as to why you think he's being streamlined to play in the pivot. I thought Oscar was going to be moved there (based on things he said) but that hasn't happened either.

Signing Isco wouldn't be a waste, he'd be a direct substition for Mata who is knackered from playing 90 mins nearly every game, sometimes 180 minutes a week. Marin is no where near good enough to be a rotation option for Mata. Hence why we apparently got first dibs on Isco... we are so short on MF players Benayoun is getting minutes... if we start with say Moses - Mata - Hazard as the three and sign Isco we'll have Isco who is a AM, Oscar who can play both CM/AM and KDB who can play CM,AM,RM,LM as sub options. Means we might actually stop playing Bertrand as a left winger too with such options.

Signing Isco wouldn't be a waste, he'd be a direct substition for Mata who is knackered from playing 90 mins nearly every game, sometimes 180 minutes a week. Marin is no where near good enough to be a rotation option for Mata. Hence why we apparently got first dibs on Isco... we are so short on MF players Benayoun is getting minutes... if we start with say Moses - Mata - Hazard as the three and sign Isco we'll have Isco who is a AM, Oscar who can play both CM/AM and KDB who can play CM,AM,RM,LM as sub options. Means we might actually stop playing Bertrand as a left winger too with such options.

No, it would mean to have 2 AMs to substitute Mata and only one of them would play. The other will be playing out of position or not playing at all...

We need a quality winger and you have no idea how I wish Isco was that, but he isnt!

P.S: I sold Mata to Real Madrid (48mi) and bought Isco, he is doing great on FM. :lol:

No, it would mean to have 2 AMs to substitute Mata and only one of them would play. The other will be playing out of position or not playing at all...

We need a quality winger and you have no idea who I wish Isco was that, but he isnt!

P.S: I sold Mata to Real Madrid (48mi) and bought Isco, he is doing great on FM. :lol:

We don't need a quality winger because imo Moses and KDB make good options out wide. Also Hazard on the left is right now his best position tbh due to his sheer pace.

We need to find someone who can play Matas role when hes not in the team to the same effect. Oscar hasn't shown that at all, hes a slightly different kind of player. He keeps the game going, dropping deep to get the ball and passing it on rather than taking the ball and looking for that killer pass like Mata does so often. Isco is much more similar to Mata in my eyes.

We don't need a quality winger because imo Moses and KDB make good options out wide. Also Hazard on the left is right now his best position tbh due to his sheer pace.

We need to find someone who can play Matas role when hes not in the team to the same effect. Oscar hasn't shown that at all, hes a slightly different kind of player. He keeps the game going, dropping deep to get the ball and passing it on rather than taking the ball and looking for that killer pass like Mata does so often. Isco is much more similar to Mata in my eyes.

No, we need wingers because we have Moses and Hazard on the starting eleven and only KDB (who will probably be loaned out again) to replace them.

Oscar only started two-three games as CAM and he is only known for his killer passes...

Also, it is really bad to have two of the exact same type of player for the same position. You want 2 players for each position but that still maintain some diversity. Exactly like Kolarov and Clichy.

• 2 weeks later...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1344661/isco-leave-cash-strapped-malaga?cc=4716

Malaga playmaker Isco has said he would have no problem leaving for a bigger club and believes a move could be in the interests of both him and his current team.

Isco, 20, signed a new contract at financially-troubled Malaga late last month, but the deal was widely reported to have been largely designed to include a higher release clause, of €35 million, ahead of an expected summer move.

The player’s sparkling performances, which included an impressive senior international debut in Spain’s 3-1 friendly win over Uruguay last month, have further increased speculation linking him with clubs including Chelsea, Manchester City, Tottenham and Bayern Munich.

Speaking to AS prior to Malaga’s Champions League last 16 first leg at Porto on Tuesday, Malaga-born Isco said he was not worried about his future career prospects.

“I am not afraid, because my head is focused here,” he said. “Any club who pays that much money will surely be a big club.

“Then, if it is to help Malaga, I would not have a problem accepting a departure which would be good for everyone.”

Malaga’s success this season has come despite severe financial problems which have seen the sale of key men including Santi Cazorla and Nacho Monreal to Arsenal.

It has also resulted in impressive coach Manuel Pellegrini being linked with a number of clubs, including Chelsea and Manchester City.

Isco said the faith Pellegrini had shown in him since his €6 million arrival from Valencia in summer 2011 had been key to his development.

“He has been the most important,” he added. “I came here at 19, as an unknown, and he began to play me game after game. He gave me so much confidence.”

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You