Christian Benteke

Tomo

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overrated.

Overrated? I wouldn't agree.

I'd go with unproven to be honest. I've made this point before, but we've seen a lot of one-season wonders in the Premier League time and time again. Guys who've had a great season with a not-so-great club, move to a bigger one and don't live up to their first season boundaries. I'm strongly in favor of these guys staying at their clubs for another season and proving consistency before they move on!

Remember the hype that followed guys like Grant Holt, Charlie Adam, Amir Zaki, Stephen Ireland and most recently, Tottenham's Sigurdsson.

He would be an improvement over Bad considering he'd have De Bruyne and Hazard and Lukaku. He has great chemistry with De Bruyne. Plus as has been mentioned once Benteke and Lukaku get more of a chance to play together they will be devastating for Belgium. The move would give Chelsea the flexibility to change to a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 from game to game or even mid game.

That being said it's going to be Spurs and they are going to be very dangerous this year.

Rooney...

I will find u n hunt u down for holding the info to yourself but seriously it seem u quit on us for not commenting or give us your info findings well I really felt u did well back then, really appreciate u

Sent from my iPhone using Genjutsu

Overrated? I wouldn't agree.

I'd go with unproven to be honest. I've made this point before, but we've seen a lot of one-season wonders in the Premier League time and time again. Guys who've had a great season with a not-so-great club, move to a bigger one and don't live up to their first season boundaries. I'm strongly in favor of these guys staying at their clubs for another season and proving consistency before they move on!

Remember the hype that followed guys like Grant Holt, Charlie Adam, Amir Zaki, Stephen Ireland and most recently, Tottenham's Sigurdsson.

I remember Zaki ... he was immense in that one season he had. Was his temper that let him down though I think. Bit of a livewire!

An on form Ba is just as good as an on form Benteke. Whether you like it or not.

as i said Benteke >>> Ba

no one said anything about being on form! Benteke is the better striker whether you like it or not!

I will find u n hunt u down for holding the info to yourself but seriously it seem u quit on us for not commenting or give us your info findings well I really felt u did well back then, really appreciate u

You know i'm in the army now, right?

No time...

We know Ba can be good but in all honesty i think benteke is better. He reminded me of drogba sometimes with some solo goals on his own. But ba is more dependent on passing to him.

What im saying is that benteke is the more complete striker, Ba's linkup play is not even comparable with benteke

Why sign an inferior player to Ba, then sell Ba?

yeah that would be pointless! but luckily in this case signing Benteke would improve our strike force massively, and selling Ba to make room for Benteke would be very good business.

Benteke is still so young guys .... Dont forget!

Ba, even at Mousrcron in belgium had a lower potential. Much in the same way, i think the belgians agree, Bentekes potential is lower than Lukaku. Now he is a bit older, came - confidence wise from a better place. Of course , lukaku has joined the confidence squad and Steve did wonders with him. He will fire his cylindres next year! Could they do it together?

Yes ..... as said the mojo between hazard, kdb and benteke is something special, so is there friendship! Especially crossing wise kdb - benteke woooooaaaa. Friendship wise its hazard and Hazard.

What a dilemma. I would be tempted to do it and offload a striker ( maybe torres) .... If Ba would settle with that.

Benteke will never be Lukaku though .... Not in a million years. The NT has used his momentum, now is Romelus time!

Another non story, splashing £25 million (What UTD paid for Rooney) on a player with one solid year behind him (well a very good year). Hell why didnt we just sign RVP last season?

Guy is not a significant improvement on our existing strike force, and would be a large financial gamble. Whilst simultaneously impacting on potential game time for Lukaka.

Never gonna happen. Chelsea usually seek out the best or cheap short term stop gaps. He fits neither of these criteria.

You know i'm in the army now, right?

No time...

Ok bro u rock

yeah that would be pointless! but luckily in this case signing Benteke would improve our strike force massively, and selling Ba to make room for Benteke would be very good business.

I'd say Ba based on how well he did at Newcastle over the last 2 years is probably our best option at CF. Lukaku will get a few starts and that but as seen at WBA he was effective coming off the bench with 30 minutes to go or something.

if we sign him it will be like signing Drogba all over again! people will say we over-payed for a relatively unproven striker but at the end of the day Jose knows best as he proved with Drogba!

I'd say Ba based on how well he did at Newcastle over the last 2 years is probably our best option at CF. Lukaku will get a few starts and that but as seen at WBA he was effective coming off the bench with 30 minutes to go or something.

It's not about what he did or how many goals he scored... that's the mistake we made before. Standards are different, styles too, so are requirements. Newcastle can play to Ba strengths, but we can't afford that. Even Liverpool (without so many options) let go of Carroll because they can't use him. Benteke is a lot younger and seem to be an overall better footballer, but I haven't seen him enough to know for sure.

So the real question is, "is Benteke a significantly better footballer than Ba right now, or perhaps in the near future?"

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You