Christian Benteke

Tomo

The London Evening Standard quoted his agent. Doesn't even look like he's considering us as an option.

I suppose I can see why spurs would be an appealing option for him, but why the vehement aversion to joining us?

fuck off there is an account on twitter called kristoff terreur or something? IMO hes a clear fucking WUM and a spurs fan. Think to yourself would he really fucking rather play for that Belgian second tier team than Chelsea? Please, what the actual fuck. Biggest nonsense in a long time

Turkse play in the seventh tier of Belgium football and are regarded as an amateur outfit

over CL football with Chelsea and his pals Hazard, KdB, Lukaku and soon Courtois?

Yeah. Right

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He blatantly put a transfer request in for us to get him. He must look at us and think about the Belgian influence and the fact that we're looking for a striker. I can tell you now that this boy wants to come here, it's obvious.

He blatantly put a transfer request in for us to get him. He must look at us and think about the Belgian influence and the fact that we're looking for a striker. I can tell you now that this boy wants to come here, it's obvious.

I don't want him - @SeB hit the nail on the head - he has mental issues - we already have Torres

IF

We could move Torres on then he would be worth a punt - but not at 25million

I'd much rather invest time in Lukaku - who can be better than Benteke... I find it weird that nobody is also mentioning the impact Andreas Wiemann made on Villa - he has the pace (even more than Benteke) to open up the opposition and give Benteke more space time, I just don't see Bentke working at CFC...

Anyway, unlikely to happen so wont waste too many words - good luck with the Spuds son!

The media are at times just mind boggling. I mean they are that desperate to fill pages they just write anything they can think off.

Jose has already said about how he wants Lukaku here and he is in his plans, and Lukaku wants to stay and is looking forward to next season, yet they write about a possible cash plus Lukaku deal. I am sure every year the bar for good journalism goes down and down.

Villa won't accept less than 20-25 mil i would imagine considering he is their get out of relegation free card. Even if he does want to leave, it would cost them far too much to lose him on the cheap.

To be fair on the outside he really seems like an ungrateful dick with 2 transfer requests in 2 consecutive years. However if it purely for ambition then I could understand, furthermore he is not as good as Lukaku so don't want him here anyway. Need a second season to prove he is not one season wonder like Cisse, Zaki.

You should consider his past as it comes to this matter. Although I can understand that his attitude is understood to be ungrateful & disloyal

Benteke started his career in the youth of Standard de Liege. At the age of 16 he was taken over by another top side in Belgium: Genk.

He made his 1ste team debut at the age of 17. After this game.. the trainer got sacked. The other coach used Benteke frequently in the beginning. But in the second season he almost never came of the bench. After being benched that much... he decided to go back to his first club Standard de Liege in the Winter Mercato.

Strangely enough Standard bought like 34 other strikers this season, just after buying Benteke back. As a result Benteke was on the bench again. With only a few subs in this first season back... he was loaned out to KV Kortrijk (a mid table team) where he would get more chances. Under former Belgian NT coach Leekens, Benteke got his chances. And with succes! At the age of 19 he scored around 14 goals for his team. Kortrijk ended in the top 5 this season (a historical moment for the club).

Benteke played a big part in this succes => Standard de Liege decided to call him back for the next season.

Ironically enough, on the last day of the summer mercato (and with Benteke thinking he could finally get his chance at Liege) Standard bought Nong (a player from Mechelen) and as part of the deal... Standard send Benteke to KV Mechelen => this was all arranged behind his back on the last day of the transfer period!

Benteke was hugely dissapointed in Standard de Liege but had no other choice than to play for KV Mechelen. So he did and seen the circumstances he had a rather good season with around 6-7 goals. At the end of this season he had to go back to Standard. Of course you can understand that here the bound was broken. So he got in contact with his other 'home club' Genk again. Here he was given a lot of thrust by Genk manager Mario Been (former Feyenoord). Benteke was thankful to finally get some confidence... and scored 19 goals. Genk would also become Champions this year (with KDB and especially Courtois playing also a huge part in the title).

In the summer of 2012 Aston Villa show interest in Benteke. He immediately wanted to go to the EPL (the dream of all young players). But Genk didn't want to let him go. After playing 5 games (scoring 3 goals) in the past season... he got permission to leave Genk and arrived at Aston Villa. The rest of the story you all know.

Conclusion:

Clubs have never really given confidence to Benteke and have even used him in an unethical way. He was swapped between teams like if he was a toy. I can imagine Benteke have never really felt loyalty from his clubs... so it's difficult for him to be loyal visa versa. I think the past made him think about himself more instead of the 'good of the club'. Because the clubs never thought what would be good for him as a person. There is something to say for the fact Aston Villa gave him a chance in the EPL and he should be loyal to Lambert and the Villa fans for this chance. But on the other hand... the plain truth is that Benteke almost single handedly is responsible for the fact Villa is still in the EPL => With his past... I can understand he now thinks about himself and his own dreams. If his dream is to play for a big EPL club... than I think he should just go for it!

Clubs are loyal when a player excels for the team. But when it's difficult.. they have no problem of sending you away or just selling you to any team that gives some money for you. It would be a very loyal thing for Benteke to stay at Villa. But the be fair... this is not a top EPL team. So imo they should be happy Benteke crossed their path this year and saved their season! It makes sense for him wanting to try on another level. Certainly if you know that almost all his NT teammates are playing for the TOP 6 teams.

Or he put the transfer request to go to Tottenham or another team where he is all but guaranteed a starting spot.

Villa fans are absolutely hilarious. slagging him off after he single-handedly kept them in the league last season.

Still, it is blatantly disrespectful from Benteke to publicly demand a transfer like that.

Villa fans are absolutely hilarious. slagging him off after he single-handedly kept them in the league last season.

Still, it is blatantly disrespectful from Benteke to publicly demand a transfer like that.

Villa got him from Genk on the same manner. They are being hypocrites lol

Pff I think he's an idiot. They want to double his wages, he'd play week in week out and he'd earn massive respect in Birmingham for staying another year.

Bit of a dick move and I'm not really suprised he's getting slated by Villa fans. They gave him the chance to shine in England in the end.

He's probably concerned about Lukaku playing for us this season.. I guess he feels he needs to be at a 'top' club to retain his nr1 spot for Belgium.

Pff I think he's an idiot. They want to double his wages, he'd play week in week out and he'd earn massive respect in Birmingham for staying another year.

Bit of a dick move and I'm not really suprised he's getting slated by Villa fans. They gave him the chance to shine in England in the end.

He's probably concerned about Lukaku playing for us this season.. I guess he feels he needs to be at a 'top' club to retain his nr1 spot for Belgium.

He's gonna lose his place eventually some time because the way I see it,Lukaku can outshine him and he has more potential than Benteke.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You