Christian Benteke

Tomo

If we were a team that player 4-4-2, then absolutely. But I see very little chance of that happening, as it doesn't suit the majority of our young AM's. Lukaku and benteke in a 4-4-2 would be immense. Probably the most physical attacking partnership I can think off. Probably ever. But having one play second fiddle in a one man system doesn't sit right with me as I have already said.

But he would probably be great at Spurs.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should set things straight here. Many people think Lukaku and Benteke are the same type of player. Well actually there are NOT.

Benteke is 100% a target striker. Perfect with his back towards the goal, amazing heading ability and just a plane powerhouse with powerful shot. The only thing he lacked in his period in Belgium was his scoring rate. He just missed to many sitters to be played as the #1 striker in Belgian top sides like Genk & Standard. When he moved to the EPL almost everyone in Belgium thought things would go horribly wrong for him. But look at him now... scoring 19 goals in the EPL and being massively important in the NT. He just proved all haters wrong!

I know many of you think Lukaku is also a target striker (I cannot blame you seen his physical presence!!). But actually Romelu's strongest point is not playing at the 16 yard box with his back to the goal... NO his strongest point is his physical presence combined with an amazing speed and power for a man his size. Proves himself to be almost unstoppable once he starts running with the ball on his feet (simply knocking anyone over who comes near him). So he's actually your perfect counter striker! In our system at Chelsea he should actually be used just behind the target striker OR in a 4-4-2 together with a target striker.

I would compare Lukaku much more to Torres as it comes to playing style as to Benteke!

The fact they didn't played a lot together in our NT is simply because Wilmots doesn't want to break the 4-3-3. In a 4-3-3 there simply isn't place for both Lukaku & Benteke (unless you use Lukaku in the back of Benteke => this happened in the game against the USA). Also againt Serbia they were both in the team at the same time. This time in a 4-2-2. I must say this worked out really well! Also Lukaku himself told he loves to play with Benteke and they are very compatible!

So if you ask my opinion... I would say getting Benteke wouldn't be a bad option at all. BUT this only counts when Villa starts to get real and drops his insanely high price of 35million! Also it will be interesting to see if Benteke is able to confirm to excellent form he showed in his first year op EPL.

But if both happen... Imaging to be playing against Lukaku & Benteke as a defender... pffff I would just shit my pants... so much power, running ability and headers & 50/50's will almost all be won...

100% agree , Lukaku -Benteke are compatible ..

it would be a great signing if it meant losing either Torres or Ba.

Lukaku, Benteke and Torres OR Ba (id prefer Torres) is a strong line up in terms of choice of first team strikers. Sure theres no Cavani or Falcao, but we've a solid attacking midfield, and those strikers would be more than capable of putting in a title contending amount of goals.

I dont see him coming to us though, hes off to spurs in my opinion. or arsenal maybe - prob for the best at £35mill!

What can he offer that Lukaku cant? Both are same type of strikers but atm Benteke is little better but he is also older.

Since Cavani is too expensive, we should sign Benteke instead? Where does that make sense? Cavani is world class, match winner, direct starter. Benteke is raw, young unexperienced striker. What is same between Cavani-Benteke?

It is same thing we did last year with Oscar. Since Modric was too expensive, we bough Oscar instead. Modric is experienced CM and we bough young CAM. Now, we cant properly use Oscar due to Mata already plays as CAM. Still, thankfuly Oscar is versatile enough, but draws problem between Mata-Oscar. On other hand Benteke would be wasteful signing because he aint good enough to lead the attack (if we want to go with young striker, why not Lukaku then?).

And Lukaku, Benteke will never play together, so what is the point of this 25mio transfer?

Can't see it at all. Lukaku has had a similar season to him and I don't believe there is much between the two and buying Benteke would be like a kick in the teeth to Lukaku. I think if we do sign a striker it will be someone who has had a bigger rep over Europe and not just one season.

What a wanker villa gave him such a big chance leaving bent out of the team for him and this is how he thanks them. He could have stayed at leaat one more season wth them no loyalty left in the game..

What a non-story this is... Chelsea need a striker, I know lets link them to every single one which becomes available. No chance this is happening, doesn't actually make any sense.

Benteke has handed in a transfer request. I have to say, if he goes to spurs, they will be real contenders for the first 3 place in my opinion.

Well. Hell. Let's sign him just to stop that then. A world where the damned spurs play Champions League football isn't a world I want to be a part of.........

Benteke has handed in a transfer request. I have to say, if he goes to spurs, they will be real contenders for the first 3 place in my opinion.

No that still won't be enough to overcome us, MU and City. They need a Higuain type striker to stand a chance.

Definitely this will alert everyone. I don't know a top 6 team that wouldn't be interested tbh. I don't reckon we will be though, maybe Tottenham and Arsenal would probably show the most interest

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You