Christian Benteke

Tomo

Wow £7m what a bargain by Villa, we really missed a trick with him, what an alternative he would have been to you know who.

Next summer maybe offer Villa £20m plus Lukaku on loan (assuming the latter's loyalty to WBA fans doesn't hinder it) those two together could be dynamite for years to come.

I will be delighted if we can get him.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow £7m what a bargain by Villa, we really missed a trick with him, what an alternative he would have been to you know who.

Next summer maybe offer Villa £20m plus Lukaku on loan (assuming the latter's loyalty to WBA fans doesn't hinder it) those two together could be dynamite for years to come.

I will be delighted if we can get him.

We seem to miss a trick with a lot of young good quality players. It seems we go for the approach were if they are cheap then they obviously are not very good. Add players like michu and hernandez from a few years back to that list. Benteke is a quality player for sure. He will probably single handedly keep villa up this year, if he doesn't make a shock move in january (which i think would be extremely unlikely after just 4 months there.

I think this guy is something special. I hadn't heard of him before this season and can't believe he's only 21. I really think a big club should snap him up asap.

He's so strong, can shoot from long range as well as more controlled finishes, and as some pace. But see how he goes until May.

Not doubting his ability, but this is the definition of 'Flavour of the Month'

Nah, he's been good for quite sometime now. Last 22 games with Belgium and Villa he has had 12 goals and 6 assists including 4 goals in 5 games for Belgium. For 2012 he had 47 appearances for Genk/Villa/Belgium and scored 27 goals in 46 games.

for 2012-2013

In 14 PL games he has 5 goals and 3 assists

In 3 World cup qualifiers he has 2 goals

In two int'l friendlies he has 2 goals

In the 3 league cup games for Villa he has 3 goals and 3 assists

Nice to see him doing this, he was never populair in Genk/Belgium, from time being a bad boy with a bad attitude.

In our national tv-show Johan Boskamp (former coach, now analist) said he was two years ago just like Lukaku is now, so hopefully Romelu is having the same progression..

Oh and isn't about time we start a Coop with Genk? Courtois, KDB, Benteke (over 2 periods), Praet (now Anderlecht) are all coming trough the youth academy.. ;)

Was going to start a thread myself but I thought everyone would think I was going nuts because of that one game vs Liverpool.

Liked watching him since he came to the Prem. In all honesty reminds me of Drogba a bit, big, strong, works hard for the team, scores goals, sets them up. 20 million is a bit much though maybe 10-14 million plus Lukaku on loan would be a great deal. Much more complete player than Lukaku right now anyway, would be a good signing.

Was going to start a thread myself but I thought everyone would think I was going nuts because of that one game vs Liverpool.

Liked watching him since he came to the Prem. In all honesty reminds me of Drogba a bit, big, strong, works hard for the team, scores goals, sets them up. 20 million is a bit much though maybe 10-14 million plus Lukaku on loan would be a great deal. Much more complete player than Lukaku right now anyway, would be a good signing.

I actually think he is more of a Hasselbaink than a Drogba.

Think his performance today showed that he still got a lot to improve on and needs major fine tuning. Still got a lot to prove before claiming he's a special player in the making. And the number of times he got caught offside today was quite ridiculous!

Think his performance today showed that he still got a lot to improve on and needs major fine tuning. Still got a lot to prove before claiming he's a special player in the making. And the number of times he got caught offside today was quite ridiculous!

I know he's young, but after about 20 minutes and things weren't going his way, he just put his head down and disappeared for the game. You could literally see the desire to win disappear from him. A bit worrying, but like I said, he's young.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You