Christian Benteke

Tomo

I'd say Ba based on how well he did at Newcastle over the last 2 years is probably our best option at CF. Lukaku will get a few starts and that but as seen at WBA he was effective coming off the bench with 30 minutes to go or something.

how can you base it on what he done at Newcastle? its very different to perform well for a team like Newcastle and then to do it consistently for a team like Chelsea, for me i would put him bottom of the pecking order.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can you base it on what he done at Newcastle? its very different to perform well for a team like Newcastle and then to do it consistently for a team like Chelsea, for me i would put him bottom of the pecking order.

Bottom of the pecking order? I'd put Torres there or sell him.

Ba is capable of scoring 20+ goals a season, you'd think with the players we have here he'd easily score that if he was played more than twice a month like under Rafa. Lukaku has the potential but he still has a bit to go yet to be better than Ba imo. He will eventually be better, a lot better but for now in my eyes Ba should be our starting striker with Romelu being second choice. Torres can just get to fuck.

if we sign him it will be like signing Drogba all over again! people will say we over-payed for a relatively unproven striker but at the end of the day Jose knows best as he proved with Drogba!

Mmm last week Jose wanted Cavani!!! Yet to see a reliable source for any of this yet alone a statement from the gaffer saying he is out man.

Those at Aston must be on drugs, I feel.

Lukaku to swap for Benteke, are they serious ?

Even though, Benteke is very good, has plenty of potential, but at 25m, no way.

At 15m the tops, take it or leave it.

The London Evening Standard quoted his agent. Doesn't even look like he's considering us as an option.

His representative Eris Kismet has given a damning assessment of Chelsea’s pursuit by saying the probability of the 22-year-old joining them is the same likelihood “that Christian would go to Turkse Rangers”.

Turkse play in the seventh tier of Belgium football and are regarded as an amateur outfit.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/christian-benteke-to-chelsea-just-no-way-jose-8700257.html

I suppose I can see why spurs would be an appealing option for him, but why the vehement aversion to joining us?

To be fair on the outside he really seems like an ungrateful dick with 2 transfer requests in 2 consecutive years. However if it purely for ambition then I could understand, furthermore he is not as good as Lukaku so don't want him here anyway. Need a second season to prove he is not one season wonder like Cisse, Zaki.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You