Christian Benteke

Tomo

Benteke would be a great signing, I would prefer Mandzukic, as he is cheaper and better, but if we cant get him then Benteke would be a great signing, i think Jose wants another top striker, who is also a target man, (which Remy isnt) to rotate with Costa next season who i have a feeling will play only once a week because of how injury prone he is, so if we sign Benteke he would roatate every other game with Costa.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Sherwood just said that noone can afford Benteke. Ofc it's not true that noone can afford him but it seems like Villa won't sell him and if they do it will be very expensive for the buying club.

The reason why i like the tought of Benteke joining us, is his profile.

He would not just be a 2nd striker behind Costa but he would be a plan B for when games aren't going our way and Costa is being ineffective (kind of what Drogba was supposed to be this season).

Imagine a game where we are pressed back and can't get out of defense. We have seen this season that Costa ain't any good in dealing with high balls coming into him. We could then bring on Benteke and play with two strikers with Costa trying to get on 2nd balls. You can see what kind of problems it creates with Aston Villa with Benteke and Agbonlahor.

He can change the profile of a game.

As for his price. It would be fair to pay around 25-30million for him. There aren't many decent strikers with his profile around + the fact he is young and premier league proven.

Not sure why so many are underrating him. He has a slightly better record in the PL than Bony (in a much poorer team) and if I remember correctly a lot on here were practically wetting themselves at the prospect of Bony replacing Drogba at the end of the season.

He is way too good to play second fiddle though. He will not want to risk losing his place to Lukaku for Belgium, even though he naturally offers a lot more to a team.

We moved from Kane to Benteke!

...until Benteke loses form/gets injured then another striker shines for a short period...

Benteke has been killing it in the PL for ages IMO, I've always wanted him from time, even when he was struggling. This isn't the first time Benteke has been scoring in the PL.

You can't compare the Kane hype to Benteke's at all.

Benteke has been killing it in the PL for ages IMO, I've always wanted him from time, even when he was struggling. This isn't the first time Benteke has been scoring in the PL.

You can't compare the Kane hype to Benteke's at all.

but do we really need him? he will cost 20 odd mil. we have a perfect second striker in remy who has won us some games this season. just not what we want.

but do we really need him? he will cost 20 odd mil. we have a perfect second striker in remy who has won us some games this season. just not what we want.

Hmm imagine Remy + Costa out again next season, what then? Do you trust DD/Bamford for all competitions?

Benteke would be an upgrade on DD. With him added to the squad, Mou has more options.

Rotation:

Benteke is in his prime and proven in the EPL, so basically he will be a player Mou can trust. Imagine Costa having a bad run of games/suspended/injured, Mou then can play Remy or Benteke easily.

2 strikers system:

When we needed to chase a game this season, Mou played 2 or even 3 strikers.

Target man:

Benteke is a type of striker we don't have in Remy and Costa, a target man and monster in the air. He adds quality to our squad which a younger DD had.

Remy is versatile:

Remy is a striker but is also decent as winger, so with Benteke here, Remy could also play on the wing.

We compete in 4 competitions, having 3 quality strikers is not too much, especially when 1 can play as winger. For the right price we should sign him.

Hmm imagine Remy + Costa out again next season, what then? Do you trust DD/Bamford for all competitions?

Benteke would be an upgrade on DD. With him added to the squad, Mou has more options.

Rotation:

Benteke is in his prime and proven in the EPL, so basically he will be a player Mou can trust. Imagine Costa having a bad run of games/suspended/injured, Mou then can play Remy or Benteke easily.

2 strikers system:

When we needed to chase a game this season, Mou played 2 or even 3 strikers.

Target man:

Benteke is a type of striker we don't have in Remy and Costa, a target man and monster in the air. He adds quality to our squad which a younger DD had.

Remy is versatile:

Remy is a striker but is also decent as winger, so with Benteke here, Remy could also play on the wing.

We compete in 4 competitions, having 3 quality strikers is not too much, especially when 1 can play as winger. For the right price we should sign him.

fair enough, but i feel it is too much.

3 quality strikers is one too many. signings like benteke would be the exact reason why would not have youth coming through any time soon.

1. IF costa and remy are both injured, i would trust bamford as the 3rd striker.

2. we all know jose does not do much rotation. so mostly we would be having 20mil+ worth striker on the bench or probably in the reserves depending on whether we have 2 strikers on the bench or just one.

3. good point. cant argue with that.

4. if we are going to be playing to win PL and CL next year, i would want square pegs in square holes. no more remy on the wing or costa on the wing or rambo on the wing (unless its a tactical thing).

i honestly feel that a squad of

courtois, good second choice GK, blackman

JT, GC, zouma, iva, azpi, luis, ?,?

matic, cesc, pogba/koke,RLC, romeu/mvg

hazard, willian, reus, oscar, juan

costa, remy, bamford

is a very strong squad and big enough to compete in all 4 competitions without hurting the chances in the other competitions.

fair enough, but i feel it is too much.

3 quality strikers is one too many. signings like benteke would be the exact reason why would not have youth coming through any time soon.

1. IF costa and remy are both injured, i would trust bamford as the 3rd striker.

2. we all know jose does not do much rotation. so mostly we would be having 20mil+ worth striker on the bench or probably in the reserves depending on whether we have 2 strikers on the bench or just one.

3. good point. cant argue with that.

4. if we are going to be playing to win PL and CL next year, i would want square pegs in square holes. no more remy on the wing or costa on the wing or rambo on the wing (unless its a tactical thing).

i honestly feel that a squad of

courtois, good second choice GK, blackman

JT, GC, zouma, iva, azpi, luis, ?,?

matic, cesc, pogba/koke,RLC, romeu/mvg

hazard, willian, reus, oscar, juan

costa, remy, bamford

is a very strong squad and big enough to compete in all 4 competitions without hurting the chances in the other competitions.

Hmm the reason Jose does not rotate is because he doesn't trust the options on the bench enough. Benteke will be someone he can trust, like Higuain and Benzema.

Jose does not love big squads (difficult to keep them happy and engaged), many times confirmed by himself. That's why he loves versatile players or make them versatile, like Essien, Ramires, Zouma and Remy.

Another point is, Special Juan said Bamford won't be willing to be third choice next year. So I think we defenitely will sign some one unless we keep DD as 3rd striker.

So a price around £20M would be good for a EPL proven goal scorer.

Hmm the reason Jose does not rotate is because he doesn't trust the options on the bench enough. Benteke will be someone he can trust, like Higuain and Benzema.

Jose does not love big squads (difficult to keep them happy and engaged), many times confirmed by himself. That's why he loves versatile players or make them versatile, like Essien, Ramires, Zouma and Remy.

Another point is, Special Juan said Bamford won't be willing to be third choice next year. So I think we defenitely will sign some one unless we keep DD as 3rd striker.

So a price around £20M would be good for a EPL proven goal scorer.

bamford will do whats right for us, not just for him. moreover, once jose talks to him, i am sure he will do what jose wants.

point is how many times will a PL goal scorer get a chance. costa's injury problems were more cos of his last season and the way simeone kept playing him and then he played in the WC and then continued with us. a summer full of rest, he will be much better.

also, think of this, if a 21 year old bamford is unwilling to be the 3rd choice striker what are the chances that a good striker like benteke (who can easily be a starter in spurs/pool) would want to play 10-15 games a sesason.

also, jose simply does not like to tinker much with his starting 11. he likes consistency, be it the 04-05 teams or this season.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/28/aston-villa-tim-sherwood-benteke-liverpool

Sherwood revealed Benteke has a buy-out clause in his contract - £32.5m apparently.

Good player but 32 million pounds? I'm not sure he is worth it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You