Christian Benteke

Tomo

He's young, proven and quality. He would be great in our Side tbh. Superb target point with technique, a nose for goals ánd an aereal threat. Plus he really gets along with Eden and Tibo. I'd applaud but i might be a bit biased.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's young, proven and quality. He would be great in our Side tbh. Superb target point with technique, a nose for goals ánd an aereal threat. Plus he really gets along with Eden and Tibo. I'd applaud but i might be a bit biased.

I keep forgetting that. He looks like he's well in his thirties! :lol:

It's funny reading through the old posts on Benteke. Does have some brain dead moments but when you look at his goals and highlights his first touch especially with his back to the goal is excellent and he's much more than a fox in the box. To imagine that he's been able to rack up 41 goals in 86 PL appearances while at Villa mostly under Lambert is fairly astonishing.

Would love to have him but the real question is will being #2 striker be sufficient. I rate him just below Costa and I think he could be the #1 striker for most teams in the world.

Benteke is amazing, I watch him quite a bit because I'm Birmingham based and he's excellent when he's in the mood. Would love to sign him. If Villa go down we have to snap him up.

Well, that's concerning.....

I always said he's better than Lukaku mainly because he has more to his game and actually knows how to hold up the ball and bully defenders. He would be a great second striker but £30m is way too much, he's been awful for a better part of a year (excluding these past few months).

It's funny reading through the old posts on Benteke. Does have some brain dead moments but when you look at his goals and highlights his first touch especially with his back to the goal is excellent and he's much more than a fox in the box. To imagine that he's been able to rack up 41 goals in 86 PL appearances while at Villa mostly under Lambert is fairly astonishing.

Would love to have him but the real question is will being #2 striker be sufficient. I rate him just below Costa and I think he could be the #1 striker for most teams in the world.

like this one:

And he missed a similar chance a few games later as well if i'm not mistaken

I always said he's better than Lukaku mainly because he has more to his game and actually knows how to hold up the ball and bully defenders. He would be a great second striker but £30m is way too much, he's been awful for a better part of a year (excluding these past few months).

To be fair he suffered an Achilles tear in April of 2014 and those take time not only to heal but also for the player to regain confidence and play without fear of re-injury.

Not good enough for Chelsea, another Lukaku/Lambert...etc players who are good for midtable sides but no where near good enough for one of the best team in the world. I mean didn't earlier this season he goes on a 10-15 matches goalless run or something under Lambert, this means he is more of a confident player and if he comes he will start on the bench, he will lose it and eventually become a Salah at ST.

Basically his best bet is maybe Liverpool as any team above that is a level too high for him. Well this fact stands until he bangs in 30 goals next season :P

Not good enough for Chelsea, another Lukaku/Lambert...etc players who are good for midtable sides but no where near good enough for one of the best team in the world. I mean didn't earlier this season he goes on a 10-15 matches goalless run or something under Lambert, this means he is more of a confident player and if he comes he will start on the bench, he will lose it and eventually become a Salah at ST.

Basically his best bet is maybe Liverpool as any team above that is a level too high for him. Well this fact stands until he bangs in 30 goals next season :P

He'd definitely be good enough for a back up. Certainly not a starter

He'd definitely be good enough for a back up. Certainly not a starter

20-30m backup...I will pass. Remy is good enough to be backup, what we need is someone to challenge Costa (who is imo permanently fucked with hamstring unless he undergoes surgery which he clearly won't be doing as it stands) like Lacazette or Vietto or Dyabala.

Benteke does not strike me as the type of player to play second fiddle. He would only go to a team where he will start. No chance of this transfer happening.

I know I know as Belgian this will come off as being a homer, but I think people are severely under rating Benteke. We don't know his ceiling because the best service he has had has been at Villa (excepting of course the Belgian NT) As a main striker at Chelsea I think he'd score between 20-25 goals. One of his great properties is that he has carried Villa for many game which would relieve pressure from Eden from carrying the burden. Plus he has excellent chemistry with Eden..

Who else is a realistic target to come in to either be 1 or 2 striker? There's not much out there that isn't vastly overpriced or unproven.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You