Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Christian Benteke

Tomo
Followers 2

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see this happening.Or maybe if we sell Torres or Ba.But then again we have 3 very good strikers which none of them like to be benched.We will wait and see.

Torres is a very good striker?

We could sell Ba for 8-12 milions.

Crazy idea, BUT who knows. May be he goes Dortmund and we get Leva at last!! They cant just let him go on free, while we still could pay 20-30m for him.

For Benteke to us think it is bad move - he is not add somethink, we need different type and level, not numbers.

Buy benteke who is pretty much Lukaku. So we would be buying a similar player to lukaku who would in some way get in the way of him.

I know it's a long season etc, but like goalkeepers there has to be a clear no. 1.

Now this isn't a problem with the likes of rooney as they are completely different players, and could even be played together. And offer completely different options.

He is a great player. And if we sign him then I will get behind it but I really don't see the need. Especially when he will be 25 mil +

Benteke to Chelsea wouldn't make sense. As Hutcho said he's basically Lukaku (a poor mans tho imo). Noone in Belgium would have thought he'd be so succesful in his first year in the prem.

He was extremely wasteful at Genk the year before. He might be the real deal, but I'd like to see him reproduce similar numbers (or better if he'd join a better club) than last season before drawing conclusions.

He's a player who relies on his form tbh, not sure if anyone saw the 2 sitters he missed for Belgium vs Serbia; that's basically the Benteke we'd known from the year before. A threat, but extremely clumsy at times.

In my opinion, you guys are thinking wrong. We are not looking for Lukaku's rival but a replacement to Torres / Ba.

In my opinion, you guys are thinking wrong. We are not looking for Lukaku's rival but a replacement to Torres / Ba.

torres is a different player type than benteke. would make really no sense at all to have 2 similar types of players. especially when I rate Lukaku higher than Benteke. and Benteke surely wants to play as a 1st option and not a sub.

Benteke to Chelsea wouldn't make sense. As Hutcho said he's basically Lukaku (a poor mans tho imo). Noone in Belgium would have thought he'd be so succesful in his first year in the prem.

He was extremely wasteful at Genk the year before. He might be the real deal, but I'd like to see him reproduce similar numbers (or more if he'd join a better club) than last season before drawing conclusions.

He's a player who relies on his form tbh, not sure if anyone saw the 2 sitters he missed for Belgium vs Serbia; that's basically the Benteke we'd known from the year before. A threat, but extremely clumsy at times.

But in Belgium , Benteke is the first option over Lukaku .. so

But in Belgium , Benteke is the first option over Lukaku .. so

Lots of people who think Lukaku should start ahead of him though

i would say that, but you know with "if" everything could happen. What i want to say is that Lukaku is certainly as good as him right now.

Benteke missed A LOT of sitters those days of course Lukaku would have done better. KDB was the key of our success, not Benteke