Christian Benteke

Tomo

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No that still won't be enough to overcome us, MU and City. They need a Higuain type striker to stand a chance.

Yes, maybe! Their bench is their weak point, but if we just look at to their first XI with Benteke, with their amazingly fast wingers, and with the Sandro, Paulinho, Dembele midfield... I think they can be real danger. The next campaign will be the most interesting season what I ever seen, I guess.

How would people feel if Chelsea chucked In demba ba plus £10-12 mill for benteke just a thought?

Not worth it. Ba can easily score as many goals as Benteke in a team of similar quality, he's proven that.

I keep telling people Ba is actually a great option as a second choice striker. Benteke wouldn't be because:

1) He'd need to be starting to develop his game, otherwise he won't even be more valuable than Ba. He won't come here to share minutes.

2) You can't have 2 young strikers who both need developing in your team, especially a team such as ourselves who play with a lone striker.

It's a no go from me. I'd rather us develop Lukaku who has a far higher ceiling than Benteke.

I have afraid he can fail like Ba. :wub:

Ba has not failed. He could of done better but he still contributed to a few goals here. He has only been here since January and it can always be tough to make the step up. Not like he has gone on some massive goal scoring drought. He scored in important games and he deserves a full season before being branded anything.

Benteke has handed in a transfer request. I have to say, if he goes to spurs, they will be real contenders for the first 3 place in my opinion.

....You must be joking. Who exactly would they finish ahead of? Even United without Ferguson currently wouldn't finish below 3rd.

Been said a trillion times before, but there really is absolutely no loyalty in football anymore. You can bet your last pound that the majority of this is agent driven. He's a decent player, good first season and certainly a good prospect but we certainly don't have a need for him. Lukaku would do for me.

I think he's average. He's just had 'his season' last season. Just like Jelavic, Cisse, even Ba etc. had theirs. I remember those first 2 exact players been preached about by quite a few on here saying we should replace Torres with one of them. Look at them now. Shadows of their break-out seasons in the league. I expect Benteke to follow the same path.

I disagree. Benteke is much younger and hes much more skilled and more complete than Jelavic etc. He was a huge talent and spearheaded Belgium's youth NT's along with ... Eden Hazard. It took him longer as expected to break through but I dont think hes comparable to Jelavic, Ba etc

He commits too many fouls for me personally. 8 cards last season including that red vs. us. As a striker that's shocking.

Regardless how good or not good he may or may not be however, It'd be spitting in Lukaku's face if we signed him. If the argument for not getting Suarez is 'we want to be a club with class' then this thread shouldn't even exist.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You