Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Christian Benteke

Tomo
Followers 2

Benteke is an underrated fuck. For me he is going to be one of the world top strikers in the next few years! I didn't give it much thought to buy him because all rumors were going in the direction of Arsenal and Tottenham but he is very very good and we should buy him.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benteke is an underrated fuck. For me he is going to be one of the world top strikers in the next few years! I didn't give it much thought to buy him because all rumors were going in the direction of Arsenal and Tottenham but he is very very good and we should buy him.

we have lukaku and he and benteke are kinda similiar...wont make any sense to buy him. i think that lukaku is even more talented than Benteke.

we have lukaku and he and benteke are kinda similiar...wont make any sense to buy him. i think that lukaku is even more talented than Benteke.

Yea you are right. Lukaku is more talented but benteke will always be more talented in finishing.

• 1 month later...

N000000! Massively overrated after one decent season were he scored probably the most deflected goals anyone has in a long time

I hate it when people say that kind of crap about a striker. Look at Cavani's goals for the season past and you will see many deflected goals. The point is, he is a striker and his job is to put the ball in the net and if it deflects on the way in what the fuck does it matter. Benteke is like Cavani in the sense that he is always in the right place at the right time. He is proven in the Prem and just look at how he nearly devastated our Champions League hopes last season at Villa. Lucky he was sent off tbh.

The talk from some respected journalists in Belgium is that of surprise at how well Benteke did in his first season. Apparently very hit & miss infront of goal for Genk, constantly spurning chances. Sometimes for strikers it only takes a good run or something to click and you are scoring purely on instincts. I don't think he should move from Villa yet, and I'll be intrigued to see how he does in his second season.

We've seen the likes of Cisse fall for Newcastle after his spectacular start, and at the opposite end Giroud has done everything right except it isn't clicking for him in front of goal. Think he'll surprise a lot next season.

Thanks for posting the video! That was an interesting watch. I'm still not sure the right investment is another young and untested striker though. I think Lukaku will best develop and benefit playing alongside a more experienced and proven striker.

I hate it when people say that kind of crap about a striker. Look at Cavani's goals for the season past and you will see many deflected goals. The point is, he is a striker and his job is to put the ball in the net and if it deflects on the way in what the fuck does it matter. Benteke is like Cavani in the sense that he is always in the right place at the right time. He is proven in the Prem and just look at how he nearly devastated our Champions League hopes last season at Villa. Lucky he was sent off tbh.

calm down sweetheart only an observation. Time will tell whos right

Hahah, you are right, time will tell, but I have good expectations from him, in my mind he is far way better than our Demba Ba.

Wouldn't make any sense in buying him unless we want to play two upfront for some reason.

Great player. But we have our very own Belgian tank. Who is even bigger.

Wouldn't make any sense in buying him unless we want to play two upfront for some reason.

Great player. But we have our very own Belgian tank. Who is even bigger.

Why not? last season were almost 60 games (or maybe more), there is enough season for two quality and young strikers, and if we don't sign him we will blame ourselves in the future....

20M? I'll say, go for it.

Why not? last season were almost 60 games (or maybe more), there is enough season for two quality and young strikers, and if we don't sign him we will blame ourselves in the future....

20M? I'll say, go for it.

But they are pretty much the same striker. So we would be buying another one, just for rotation purposes. Lukaku is very young and incredibly fir and can shoulder the bulk of the games. IF we are gonna spend 20 mil on a striker we are better off in my opinion buying someone who gives us another option. Torres is still probably gonna play some games and we have ba.

So 20 mil, for someone to alternate with Lukaku seems a bit pointless imo. If he is cheaper then ok, because then it would be more of an investment as we can make a profit on him long term.

I think Lukaku's ceiling is higher than Benteke, and as such would rather give him as many minutes as we can manage. Benteke is going to make another team very happy but I don't think his fit is at Chelsea.

Oh I'm calm and I'm right too! =}

Another rumor floats around today.

Chelsea are preparing a bid for Benteke. He fits Jose´s preferred profile of a physically powerful striker. At 22, young & talented striker. Every other striker is just about gone, so why not Benteke ?

Another rumor floats around today.

Chelsea are preparing a bid for Benteke. He fits Jose´s preferred profile of a physically powerful striker. At 22, young & talented striker. Every other striker is just about gone, so why not Benteke ?

I think judging by the players we're interested in (Falcao/Cavani etc.), we're not looking for a young and talented striker, we're looking for a 30-goals-a-season world-class centre forward.

Having two top-tier young players in both Lukaku and Benteke makes no sense in a team that plays one striker.