Fernando Torres

Weren't we too reliant on Drogba as well?

This may be a surprising stat but we went nearly 3 years without losing a league game Drogba didn't play in. Between the 2-1 defeat to Arsenal in the Scolari days upto the 1-0 defeat to Everton on Carlo's last match two and a half season's later.

This may be a surprising stat but we went nearly 3 years without losing a league game Drogba didn't play in. Between the 2-1 defeat to Arsenal in the Scolari days upto the 1-0 defeat to Everton on Carlo's last match two and a half season's later.

Those stats are irrelevant if you count the number of cup final goals he's produced.

Those stats are irrelevant if you count the number of cup final goals he's produced.

Yeah in cup finals he was the man and it will be tough to replace, but we never really missed his presence in the so called "lesser games" as it was made out. Liverpool's style was so reliant on Fernando that he was a huge miss against any opposition and they are still paying for it now if you look at the amount of stalemates they produce at Anfield to teams they should be beating with ease.

Yeah in cup finals he was the man and it will be tough to replace, but we never really missed his presence in the so called "lesser games" as it was made out. Liverpool's style was so reliant on Fernando that he was a huge miss against any opposition and they are still paying for it now if you look at the amount of stalemates they produce at Anfield to teams they should be beating with ease.

Torres was also reliant on the players around him at Liverpool. The same could be said here at Chelsea with Hazard looking to be his new favorite team mate.

Don't know if you've actually watched our games or not but Torres has shown he still has the majority, if not all his pace from his Livershit days. As many pundits have said it is/was his lack of confidence that caused him to hesitate and not run at defenders but now he is doing it and looks dangerous.

IMO he's still not nearly as fast as he was at Liverpool. He looks better now because he was awful in his first season here. Last season he showed decent pace and now he's better. He was a beast at Liverpool. I agree that the confidence thing has a lot to do with it but he's still lost pace due to benitez fucking with his injuries.

"Don't know if you've actually watched our games or not"

And nice sarcasm. If only you could post things in a non-condescending manner :rolleyes:

How did i say we would be fucked if he scores :rolleyes: ? i said if we do the Liverpool approach and play everything thorough him we will be solely reliant on him staying fit and scoring, if he loses fitness or form then we will be screwed.

Look at what happened with Liverpool? far too reliant on Torres to score goals during his time there. It cost them the title in 2009 when he kept getting injured and since he lost form (2010) they still haven't recovered, there play still needs Torres, as showed last season when they couldn't even score in a brothel.

I don't want us to become reliant on him like that.

Mate I appreciate your concerns but please don't compare us and Loserpool ever again. They are a bunch of cunts and shit footballers. :)

I don't think his performances are any better than they were last season, but as long as he is putting the ball in the back of the net, I have no concerns. I said at the start of the season that if he doesn't score at least 20 goals this season he should be shipped out - at this rate, it may be closer to 30 come May. That can only be a good thing. A striker that plays shit but still puts the ball in the back of the net is as good as the Drogba type that battles and scraps without getting his name on the scoresheet.

"Don't know if you've actually watched our games or not"

And nice sarcasm. If only you could post things in a non-condescending manner :rolleyes:

How is it sarcastic/condescending? Maybe you haven't watched our games and only saw highlights or read up on the result? Maybe you were busy and missed the game? How would I know? Why do women expect us to read their minds?

So one great goal, and he has repaid his 50 million pounds?

Nice thinking!

As I said before, I expect him to have a good season, but to justify his price tag he needs to produce 2 or 3 good seasons for all the bad image he gave in the past season and a half.

Before that, whatever excuse you make as my good friend disko up there won't matter.

If he score over 40 goals this season and helps us win the title. He has justified the price tag. end off.

Must admit I am surprised people are still banging on about his price tag. Why would it bother any fan or anyone else other than Roman himself. If Roman decides to throw 50 million in what may be deemed as a 'panic' buy then so what. Our emperor is clearly unfazed about splashing the cash on our imperious club, weather it be 50 million on Fernando or 30 million on Shevchenko.

It should not be in anyway used to his detriment as there is no correlation to quality and the price tag attached to players in this current footballing climate.

How is it sarcastic/condescending? Maybe you haven't watched our games and only saw highlights or read up on the result? Maybe you were busy and missed the game? How would I know? Why do women expect us to read their minds?

OMG dont start about women's minds ... I really respect their intellect but tend to concentrate a little lower :ph34r:

Fernando Torres scored in two successive games for first time since September 2011.

Fernando Torres is the only Chelsea player to have the success rate of his passes under 80% (68.6%)