Fernando Torres

Those are the kind of goals that give a striker more confidence than anything. I think so far in his Chelsea career this is the goal/moment that will give Torres the most confidence. Because that was a very very tough goal to score and if that goes in for you, you start thinking of bicycle kicks like tap-ins.

Owes who? You?

So one great goal, and he has repaid his 50 million pounds?

Nice thinking!

As I said before, I expect him to have a good season, but to justify his price tag he needs to produce 2 or 3 good seasons for all the bad image he gave in the past season and a half.

Before that, whatever excuse you make as my good friend disko up there won't matter.

I agree with Justin actually, Torres has to repay the confidence shown by Roman to pay so much money for him, and also that of RDM to stick with him. Oh and you can't forget those fans at the Bridge who constantly cheer for him.

But anyway he's had a good start to the season, just has to keep it up now.

So one great goal, and he has repaid his 50 million pounds?

Nice thinking!

As I said before, I expect him to have a good season, but to justify his price tag he needs to produce 2 or 3 good seasons for all the bad image he gave in the past season and a half.

Before that, whatever excuse you make as my good friend disko up there won't matter.

Point out where exactly in my three-word-long post I claimed his goal today was enough to 'justify' his price tag.

I think you need a cool period.

I agree with Justin actually, Torres has to repay the confidence shown by Roman to pay so much money for him, and also that of RDM to stick with him. Oh and you can't forget those fans at the Bridge who constantly cheer for him.

But anyway he's had a good start to the season, just has to keep it up now.

This is the last thing I will say about this, since I need to cool of. :clown:

The same excuses people here are using, I am sure where the same excuses United fans where saying for Berbatov.

But despite all that money paid for by United, Berbatov only had one great season and a bunch of mediocre season.

Because of that, by a lot of people Berbatov is catalog as a big flop.

So why should Torres have a different stick of measure?

That was a lovely bit of skill by El Niño. Of course the hatas will ignore it or even better find a way to criticize it like they did when Torres won the Golden Boot in this past Euro. I will type this now, I am glad he is on my team & not one of the dirty red sides.