Fernando Torres

Good goal, but how may times was he through yesterday but hesitated shooting... it's funny the first time he thought fuck it i'll shoot was when he scored, maybe he should try it more.

Exactly what I thought. Shooting more will just increase the probability of scoring, even for Torres :lol:

I hope he realises that shooting with half a chance is better than dribbling to create a full chance.

Especially considering the fact he has quite a good shot. Hopefully the last games get his confidence high enough to try it.

Good goal, but how may times was he through yesterday but hesitated shooting... it's funny the first time he thought fuck it i'll shoot was when he scored, maybe he should try it more.

Yeah, when he gets the ball deep and he's running at defenders he thinks too much. He always tries to go for the pass when you can tell he actually wants to try and shoot but he doesn't have the confidence and of course he's lost a lot of pace since his Liverpool days. He's done better when he doesn't think and just acts instinctively.

But definitely fair play to him he's improved a lot.

he's lost a lot of pace since his Liverpool days.

Don't know if you've actually watched our games or not but Torres has shown he still has the majority, if not all his pace from his Livershit days. As many pundits have said it is/was his lack of confidence that caused him to hesitate and not run at defenders but now he is doing it and looks dangerous.

Don't know if you've actually watched our games or not but Torres has shown he still has the majority, if not all his pace from his Livershit days. As many pundits have said it is/was his lack of confidence that caused him to hesitate and not run at defenders but now he is doing it and looks dangerous.

Totally agree.... he still has most of his pace... just doesn't use it explosively because he hesitates with doubt over his ability. Looking really decent this season, hope he stays injury free and scores a shit load of goals for us.

Im worried we are going to set up too reliant on him.

If he does come good (which i have to say looks a lot more hopeful currently than it has in his Chelsea career) then i fear we will make the mistake Liverpool did and that is play everything through Nando.

Doing that will make us far too reliant on his goals and if he loses form again we are fucked.

If he does come good (which i have to say looks a lot more hopeful currently than it has in his Chelsea career) then i fear we will make the mistake Liverpool did and that is play everything through Nando.

Doing that will make us far too reliant on his goals and if he loses form again we are fucked.

So according to your logic, if Torres doesn't score goals we're fucked and if he scores plenty of goals...We're fucked? Yeah, well done...:rolleyes:

So according to your logic, if Torres doesn't score goals we're fucked and if he scores plenty of goals...We're fucked? Yeah, well done... :rolleyes:

How did i say we would be fucked if he scores :rolleyes: ? i said if we do the Liverpool approach and play everything thorough him we will be solely reliant on him staying fit and scoring, if he loses fitness or form then we will be screwed.

Look at what happened with Liverpool? far too reliant on Torres to score goals during his time there. It cost them the title in 2009 when he kept getting injured and since he lost form (2010) they still haven't recovered, there play still needs Torres, as showed last season when they couldn't even score in a brothel.

I don't want us to become reliant on him like that.

Too reliant on Torres????

Well Torres is doing good because of Hazard!

So does that mean we can get Heskey and he will also do good?

:Goober:

Weren't we too reliant on Drogba as well? Torres will almost never live up to that role but I much rather rely on him scoring the goals than have no production at all.