Fernando Torres

Sheva played a lot of those games on the wing, he didn't have the luxury of actually playing in his regular position - he was decent all things considered compared to Torres.

He didn't at all. We played two up top, Drogba and Sheva both coming wide when needed.

I would have huge respect for Torres if he had a good season with a lot of goals, he will always be a flop and a waste of money but at least he did something.

Same thing with Berbatov but much worse, when Berbatov had that killer season 2 seasons ago.

Agreed - but it's a lesson to every fan wanting a new purchase... Buying a good player @ one club doesn't automatically (in the real world) make him a great player at your club...

Typically RVP has fitted into Manure perfectly... GRRRR...

I think RVP proves you don't need Nando's pace (at liverscum) to be succesful in PL.Persie and Torres are pretty much equally build but one scores shitload of goals and sadly he isn't playing for CFC.But I think even tho he isn't as fast as he was Nando can still be succesful, just look at RVP.

RVP - height 186 sm (other sources 183),weight 72-3kg.

Torres - height 183 sm, weight 70kg.

STILL on this???

damn... dont you guys have something better to argue about? this is old and annoying...

pretty pathetic... why should we be the ones debating him? makes no sense at all... already on the score sheet this year with 3 in what? 5 or 6 games? thats great for me!!

keep it up el nino, haters gonna hate

STILL on this???

damn... dont you guys have something better to argue about? this is old and annoying...

pretty pathetic... why should we be the ones debating him? makes no sense at all... already on the score sheet this year with 3 in what? 5 or 6 games? thats great for me!!

keep it up el nino, haters gonna hate

I thought you left this forum, and are you joking me?, you do know there's still a full fucking season. you bring up them 3 goals in 5 games again and I'll happily bring up his 4 goals in 40 games for you.

Torres has looked like a goal threat but as we know he's not consistent at all, i wouldn't be surprised if he still turned out shit this season and we had to panic buy. But of course the typical Torres fanboy such as yourself who only joined this forum because he joined here would say so.

Transfer window is closed, no replacement will be bought until at earliest january. And with the exception with sturridge he is all we have... He has made a pretty good start to the season all things considered, and now we have to get behind him... If us as fans start getting on his back atm then we are really screwed as, torres' confidence is gonna be completely gone, and no good can come of that... If, when the transfer window is open he hasn't performed enough then i am fairly sure we will probably bring someone in, but until then KTBFFH :blue scalf:

Transfer window is closed, no replacement will be bought until at earliest january. And with the exception with sturridge he is all we have... He has made a pretty good start to the season all things considered, and now we have to get behind him... If us as fans start getting on his back atm then we are really screwed as, torres' confidence is gonna be completely gone, and no good can come of that... If, when the transfer window is open he hasn't performed enough then i am fairly sure we will probably bring someone in, but until then KTBFFH :blue scalf:

Are you kidding me, Torres doesn't read these boards and the support he gets at the Bridge makes me cringe - Didier Drogba didn't get that type of support. When I know these same fans have booed our players on a few occasions for performances that weren't as awful as some of the dross Torres has served up in a blue shirt.

Also if Torres loses confidence because fans don't support him/ he has another striker to compete with/ he doesn't have players that can serve him up a perfect pass/ he doesn't have a coach that understand how to treat him/ he doesn't have a system that suits him/ than he is obviously a player that can never be successful at a club our size.

Of course we are going to discuss him, same reason there is probably a super long thread in RAWK about Andy Carroll or about Berbatov in redcafe.

Are you kidding me, Torres doesn't read these boards and the support he gets at the Bridge makes me cringe

Sorry I guess all fans aren't raging douches like yourself. You essentially just said that you don't want him to succeed, are you sure you're on the right fan forum. I get that a lot of people don't particularly care for him but to not want him to succeed, someone on the team you support, to not succeed is absolutely ludacris.