Fernando Torres

So, this place was full of "it doens't matter how he does in the Euros, because he has to score goals for Chelsea and not Spain" before the Euros.

Now, you are all over on him because he couldn't score against KSA in 50 minutes for Spain in a match that couldn't have been any more pointless. :clap:

Yes, he wasn't good, screwed up a couple of chances but if the European Championship didn't matter, a friendly against KSA why does?

So, this place was full of "it doens't matter how he does in the Euros, because he has to score goals for Chelsea and not Spain" before the Euros.

Now, you are all over on him because he couldn't score against KSA in 50 minutes for Spain in a match that couldn't have been any more pointless. :clap:

Yes, he wasn't good, screwed up a couple of chances but if the European Championship didn't matter, a friendly against KSA why does?

Stupid opinion.

It's not necessarily stupid, but I tend to not agree with it as well.

The problem is, there are so many double standards, both from those who support him, and even from those who criticise him.

Most CFC fans are both.

Im critical of his performances since joining the club but it doesn't mean i don't support him. Ofcourse i want him to come back to form and do well, but not at the expense of Chelsea doing the same.

If it came to a choice of Torres or Chelsea, then there is only one winner.

Relax people!

Torres needs support right now, you are expecting too much from a player that didnt do anything for 18 months. You all blink and he starts to score 1-2 goals a game?

Btw, stop comparring Falcao to Nando, we all know the difference...Start giving some REAL SUPPORT!!!

Relax people!

Torres needs support right now, you are expecting too much from a player that didnt do anything for 18 months. You all blink and he starts to score 1-2 goals a game?

Btw, stop comparring Falcao to Nando, we all know the difference...Start giving some REAL SUPPORT!!!

Define Real Support?

I support him like any player, infact during the first 10 months i was one of his biggest backers to the extent i made every excuse up in the book in the hope he will come good, it was the Arsenal and Blackburn games that made me think, hold on a minute.

I hope he comes good and i will support him, doesn't change the fact if he left tommorow his Chelsea spell will be a disaster so far.

Define Real Support?

I support him like any player, infact during the first 10 months i was one of his biggest backers to the extent i made every excuse up in the book in the hope he will come good, it was the Arsenal and Blackburn games that made me think, hold on a minute.

I hope he comes good and i will support him, doesn't change the fact if he left tommorow his Chelsea spell will be a disaster so far.

Real support is believing in the player. Not chanting only when he scores. Not crying for Falcao in every bad game he has. Whenever he touches the ball, you can feel the insecurity in fans (deeply, they dont belive in his success). THAT AINT REAL SUPPORT!

To be honest I never liked him and was totally against his move, but once he became a Chelsea player, he automaticaly had my full support, I always expect big things for him.

It is true he is disapointing all of us, but it is not time to give up and plea for a Savior.

@Rmpr, He has my full support aswell, every Chelsea player who has does, but i will still access their performances like i think they did.

Ben Haim got my full support, but i still accepted he was dreadful.

OK!

Trully belive in you, I was talking generaly, a lot of Chelsea Fans hope he fails...

I was talking generaly, a lot of Chelsea Fans hope he fails...

Seriously, what the fuck? I am 100% sure that every Chelsea fan always wishes what's best for the team no matter what, or else they wouldn't be fans of the club. If they think Torres isn't good enough and needs to leave the club or at least stay on the bench in order for us to get the best possible results, that doesn't mean they 'hate him' or 'hope he fails' but that they have simply lost faith in the lad somewhere along the way. It's ridiculous to accuse someone of wanting Torres to fail because he is still a Chelsea player and we always want to see our team do well. I would be deeply offended if someone questioned my feelings towards the club just because I think a member of our team is not good enough to wear the shirt.

I have to admit that I'm one of those who have lost faith. For a long time I was fully behind him but at some point last season I began to realize that as much as we all wanted him to do well, playing Torres up front wasn't for the good of the team anymore and we began dropping points every once in a while because we had a striker who couldn't do his job.

Based on his recent performances, that faith is slowly starting to return and believe me when I tell you that no one would be happier than me to eat a big slice of humble pie and admit I was wrong to write him off too soon. Until then, I will continue to have my doubts over him but that does not make me any less of a fan than anyone else.

I will continue to have my doubts over him but that does not make me any less of a fan than anyone else.

Sorry mate, you got me wrong. I never said/wrote that not supporting Torres makes anyone less of a fan. It does not make you better or worse...

Be honest to yourself, there are people who want Torres to have nothing more than an average season so we buy Falcao or Cavani. That is lack of support!

Btw, guys are getting ofended for a simple post (it is only my point of view).

Sorry mate, you got me wrong. I never said/wrote that not supporting Torres makes anyone less of a fan. It does not make you better or worse...

Be honest to yourself, there are people who want Torres to have nothing more than an average season so we buy Falcao or Cavani. That is lack of support!

Btw, guys are getting ofended for a simple post (it is only my point of view).

It's not just your point of view, it's others too. I have had countless of people who are just so blindly in love with Torres accusing me and others of not being proper Chelsea fans because apparently we hate Torres and want him to fail, but that couldn't really be any further away from the truth. That kind of bullshit gets on my nerves.

Whether we sign one of them two should not be based on how good a season Torres has. Even in Nando scores 40 goals this season and picks up numerous MOTM awards, if the funds are available to bring one of those two in we should do it regardless of the season Torres has.