Fernando Torres

That's pretty simple to explain -

Torres - EURO winner, a WC winner, was one of the deadliest strikers in world football till 2 years ago and a blonde bombshell to boot.

Carroll - Er .. ponytailed beer drinker famous for being er ... a £35m flop.

:ph34r: Liverpool fans would point out that Carroll has outscored Torres thus far and scored the winner in the derby both are a bit shite obviously the biggest flops in World Football in recent years.

they also think the world is flat and Stevie G is the centre of the universe... just waiting for Shankly

to return to win the PL again

Andy Caroll Vs Torres?, no comparisson, sorry but Caroll is the most one dimensional forward in the world, he might of gotten 30 goals a season about 50 years ago but not now in this tactical game. At Newcastle all he scored was sweaty goals, he cannot even contribute to the team, he's below average when it comes to technical abillity, at least Torres gets a hand full of assists and takes on players and contains flair. Carroll can only score headers and what have ya, oh yeah and who can forget his great flick ons. Such a brilliant player.

You think Torres and Carroll aren't the biggest flops in World Football?

No, I would never call someone a flop, neither carroll or torres (who is by the way a euro- and-worls cup winner).

It depends which style of football the club wants to play in the future, if you could say they were a bad buy ... nothing more.

But to call a young man of 28, who has to deal with the pressure of the whole english press on his shoulders and the hate of nearly every liverpool-fan in his neck, a flop is not my style. i would call him a though guy!

At times he seemed to just waltz past the Arsenal defense today, but towards the end of the game he really went down a couple of gears...Maybe he was disappointed with the lack of support around him, but that's not an excuse. Should do better.

At times he seemed to just waltz past the Arsenal defense today, but towards the end of the game he really went down a couple of gears...Maybe he was disappointed with the lack of support around him, but that's not an excuse. Should do better.

...or tired. He should of done more though earlier in the game

But he was rested for the past two games...I know pressing and defending is a lot of work, but tiredness shouldn't be an excuse for his decision making towards the end...

Perhaps but towards the end of games most players seem to fatigue slightly. Its just natural I suppose... or maybe Torres is just back to being rubbish.

"This team has slightly changed the way I play, because of their style," said the 28-year-old. "For me the most important thing is to score goals ‒ that's what I practise every day ‒ but we all know that this season has been tough and the team is the most important thing. It would be a catastrophe to miss out on the Champions League [next season], and we must be prepared to do anything to achieve this. It doesn't matter who plays, who scores, who gives the assists and who stays out. The important thing is that we are successful. Starting at the Camp Nou on Tuesday."

http://www.uefa.com/...helsea optimism