Fernando Torres

he scored a vital goal that eased the pressure and sent us through because he made his luck and was out there to tuck it in. whatever he did or did not do not withstanding it was a great goal. he may not have the defensive nou of a drogba who started his career as a defender. Infact torres has sacrificed more than any other player since joining chelsea. He has had to change his style of play, position and starting role so let him be. more to that, i dont think he has ever had to play as an auxillary left back throught his life. Bottom line; He did his bit and whether walking, crawling or running, we are going to munich.

Everyone is saying the 50 Million Pound Goal....Is that really true??

If he scores the winner in the final and it finally delivers the big one we've all been waiting to win AND qualifies us for next year's competition then it will definately be £50m repaid, both emotionally and financially.

And I wouldn't bet against him doing it - something just tells me it's meant to be!

Maybe you should try watching the game again after he came on. Yes, he may have tried going forward with the ball but he lost it far far too easily and when that happened, he was like just jogging back.

Noob post. The only times he lost it is when he actually tried to run with the ball forward. Almost every time, he beat 2 guys but got caught out by the 3rd. Everyone else was just hoofing it forward. In the end it accomplished the same (everytime, except once WHEN THE DUDE SCORED!!!), but with Torres' occasional runs up the field, Barca had another thing to think about, they didn't and he scored.

He's probably already paid back the 50M off merchandise sales but the price tag was always going to loom over his head until he repaid that on the field. And, you can say it any way you want, but his goal is part of Chelsea history now. Regardless of what happens, he'll be remembered forever now which you couldn't say had he not scored that goal.

Noob post. The only times he lost it is when he actually tried to run with the ball forward. Almost every time, he beat 2 guys but got caught out by the 3rd. Everyone else was just hoofing it forward. In the end it accomplished the same (everytime, except once WHEN THE DUDE SCORED!!!), but with Torres' occasional runs up the field, Barca had another thing to think about, they didn't and he scored.

Noob reply. Some people's judgment on Torres here have been clouded by their love for him..

Noob reply. Some people's judgment on Torres here have been clouded by their love for him..

LOL! Did I say anything wrong? I just listed FACTS not my opinion. Seems like everyone who doesn't have a decent response just falls back on the same old, oh you must love Torres.

LOL! Did I say anything wrong? I just listed FACTS not my opinion. Seems like everyone who doesn't have a decent response just falls back on the same old, oh you must love Torres.

It's true anyway. Just some people can't take it.

Anyway, will have to agree to disagree here.

Rami's goal deserves more attention and praise than Torres's imo. It was the one that changed the game and gave us hope and was actually the one which got us through, and it was much harder to execute as well... Torres just nailed the coffin and took off the pressure in the dying minutes. Not taking anything away from him, he deserves praise, especially in such a big game it's magnificent that he pulled it off. Just saying that the real 50 million goal is Rami's for me :)

"The best/favourite team dont always win, maybe our style wasnt beautiful but we used our best weapons to reach the final. We had a bad start (start of the season) but we can make this season memorable. Barcelona had their opportunities to score and they didnt , we score ours and win the eliminatory. I dont care who will be our rival, if you want to win the Champions League you have to beat the best teams. We have some players suspended but we need to trust in the victory." He also said Barcelona is still the best team in the world.