Fernando Torres

Don't know about you guys, but Torres is the absolute least of our worries at this moment and going forward.

I feel about Torres the same way I feel about Sheva. Needless transfers not really managerial choices that made us miss out on players who would have made us a lot better in the case of Torres we missed out on Modric and in the case of Sheva it was Daniel Alves. So to me it's not so much how awful Torres has been for over an year but rather how it was a completely wasteful considering in the case with Torres we had Sturridge who had barely played and was send out on loan after a whooping 13 games mostly as a substitute in the League while in games he started like in the FA he had shown enough quality to be though off as a striker here at Chelsea. While with Sheva it was even stranger cause we had an inform Drogba who had difficulty working with other strikers but had developed an almost telepathic understanding with an inform Lampard.

I feel about Torres the same way I feel about Sheva. Needless transfers not really managerial choices that made us miss out on players who would have made us a lot better in the case of Torres we missed out on Modric and in the case of Sheva it was Daniel Alves.

We bid £40 mil for Modric and it was turned down, how is that any way connected to Torres?

We bid £40 mil for Modric and it was turned down, how is that any way connected to Torres?

It's connected because we would have made our first approach in the winter, it would have been turned down Modric would have had a strop like he did at the start of the season and in the summer we would have been in a better bargaining position.

What i do find baffling is why we gave Torres 180k a week.

He took a pay cut to go to Liverpool and turned down City's offer of 250k a week so he is clearly not money driven, so why couldn't we have just offered his same wages at Liverpool maybe a bit more. If this more was about ambition like he claims then surely he wouldn't have said no?

What i do find baffling is why we gave Torres 180k a week.

He took a pay cut to go to Liverpool and turned down City's offer of 250k a week so he is clearly not money driven, so why couldn't we have just offered his same wages at Liverpool maybe a bit more. If this more was about ambition like he claims then surely he wouldn't have said no?

How much was he on at Liverpool?

Pssh. You assume too much.

I do know that Torres's transfer was in the works well before the winter transfer window and we exhausted all possible options before actually Liverpool settled with a 50 million transfer fee. If that type of energy was used to try to secure a creative attacking midfielder or a right winger - our creativity problems might have been addressed adequately last winter whether we signed Modric or someone else.

Don't know about you guys, but Torres is the absolute least of our worries at this moment and going forward.

I don't know about any priorities but he's definitely a cause for worry. He plays very well against generally weaker opposition and creates an impression that he's back in form, and falters a couple of games later. I just hope he doesn't last here longer than he needs to.

The problem with Torres, if you look at his goals at liverpool, is that he is a striker that needs good passes, long balls, etc to score. Unlike Drogba that forces his way to the goal and without a proper playmaker we can't make him work the way we expect him to, he is not a defense pusher, he is a defense dribbler.

If you compare Torres with Drogba you will see the difference, Drogba is a premier league striker strong, while Torres is a spanish league striker with a lot of pace, why do you think Torres started to stink as soon as Benitez was sacked and Alonso and company got sold? Benitez' era Liverpool was a Spanish playing style club. If we want Torres to succeed we need to leave the English playing style and start playing like in La Liga, short passes, long balls, counter attacking and etc, didn't you see his last goal at Aston Villa? Counter-attack and goal.

We need to bring a spanish playmaker to play with Torres, who understands how to pass the ball to him. Then we will make him work, or well forget about Torres and just give Dany a chance.

haha the media takes everything into consideration! hahaha and i do believe with @mnmontero that we do need a spanish midfield to give him those passes he fed off of and wrecked defenses...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2128276/New-Chelsea-home-kit-2012-13-Fernando-Torres-unveils-adidas-strip.html

haha the media takes everything into consideration! hahaha and i do believe with @mnmontero that we do need a spanish midfield to give him those passes he fed off of and wrecked defenses...

http://www.dailymail...idas-strip.html

Then again Ballack and Joe Cole were part of the marketing for the 10/11 season kit and they buggered off in the same summer.

Then again Ballack and Joe Cole were part of the marketing for the 10/11 season kit and they buggered off in the same summer.

hahaha didnt write the artice, and TRUE...

just glad and hoping my boy nando, stays with chelsea... im still adamant on that he still has alot to give to the club...

and our summer looks good for him and cfc... next year will be dope

<p>

<br />

The problem with Torres, if you look at his goals at liverpool, is that he is a striker that needs good passes, long balls, etc to score. Unlike Drogba that forces his way to the goal and without a proper playmaker we can't make him work the way we expect him to, he is not a defense pusher, he is a defense dribbler.<br />

<br />

If you compare Torres with Drogba you will see the difference, Drogba is a premier league striker strong, while Torres is a spanish league striker with a lot of pace, why do you think Torres started to stink as soon as Benitez was sacked and Alonso and company got sold? Benitez' era Liverpool was a Spanish playing style club. If we want Torres to succeed we need to leave the English playing style and start playing like in La Liga, short passes, long balls, counter attacking and etc, didn't you see his last goal at Aston Villa? Counter-attack and goal.<br />

<br />

We need to bring a spanish playmaker to play with Torres, who understands how to pass the ball to him. Then we will make him work, or well forget about Torres and just give Dany a chance.<br />

<br />

<br />

</p>

We have Mata already. Problem is in the style of game. Maybe we need another creative midfielder, but he wont be spanish.

http://www.dailymail...idas-strip.html

Don't worry next year will be his :ph34r: