Fernando Torres

Hat trick against Liverpool in the league, come on as a sub at Wembley and make it 7-0. If he celebrates in front of the Liverpool fans that would be brilliant, a la Jose Mourinho at the Camp Nou in 2010. Have that you pricks.

You gonna bet your house on that? :Goober:

Maybe you should try watching the game again after he came on. Yes, he may have tried going forward with the ball but he lost it far far too easily and when that happened, he was like just jogging back.

I'm absolutely baffled by your 1-dimensional view of his play, along with other others and their "newb post" "noob reply" war. First of all, I'd like to say that this season, most of the times you watched Torres hustle off of the ball vs Drogba, Torres made Drogba look like he didn't even want to play for us. With that being said, in the past few big games Drogba has been a most powerfully-vintage force and I am delighted by his workrate.

Could you not see what Torres saw after he lost the ball? Everyone else was just booting it forward; hence why Torres had no one to combine with out of the back, plus he was fresh and figured he might as well have a go. THERE WAS NO ONE BACK FOR BARCELONA!!! So when he lost the ball and saw space he thought "gee maybe if I get on the end of one of these clearances I can REALLY help my team out". I'm not a mind reader, I just actually watched the game, and allowed myself to think beyond "He keeps losing the ball, then not coming back, what a waste".

Maybe Barcelona could have punished us for only defending with 9 (heaven forbid) but they didn't. Torres was right. You were wrong. End of story.

And yes, Rami's goal was the bigger of the two, but take nothing away from the fact that Barcelona could have screwed us in the last seconds; save for Torres.

\endrant.

I'm absolutely baffled by your 1-dimensional view of his play, along with other others and their "newb post" "noob reply" war. First of all, I'd like to say that this season, most of the times you watched Torres hustle off of the ball vs Drogba, Torres made Drogba look like he didn't even want to play for us. With that being said, in the past few big games Drogba has been a most powerfully-vintage force and I am delighted by his workrate.

Could you not see what Torres saw after he lost the ball? Everyone else was just booting it forward; hence why Torres had no one to combine with out of the back, plus he was fresh and figured he might as well have a go. THERE WAS NO ONE BACK FOR BARCELONA!!! So when he lost the ball and saw space he thought "gee maybe if I get on the end of one of these clearances I can REALLY help my team out". I'm not a mind reader, I just actually watched the game, and allowed myself to think beyond "He keeps losing the ball, then not coming back, what a waste".

Maybe Barcelona could have punished us for only defending with 9 (heaven forbid) but they didn't. Torres was right. You were wrong. End of story.

And yes, Rami's goal was the bigger of the two, but take nothing away from the fact that Barcelona could have screwed us in the last seconds; save for Torres.

\endrant.

FFS! I wasn't talking about that chance where he got clean through and scored. Was talking about 2-3 occasions before that. Nothing wrong with Torres or any other player losing the ball sometimes but the way he lost it was just so blatantly cheap! AND when he lost it, his body language was wrong, looks disinterested in tracking back!

FFS! I wasn't talking about that chance where he got clean through and scored. Was talking about 2-3 occasions before that. Nothing wrong with Torres or any other player losing the ball sometimes but the way he lost it was just so blatantly cheap! AND when he lost it, his body language was wrong, looks disinterested in tracking back!

Exactly, that chance where he got clean through and scored was the same thing as the other times you are calling him out on lol. He lost the ball (seemed a bit cheap maybe) then DID NOT TRACK BACK and bam, "clean through". Maybe we misunderstand each other I dunno.

Exactly, that chance where he got clean through and scored was the same thing as the other times you are calling him out on lol. He lost the ball (seemed a bit cheap maybe) then DID NOT TRACK BACK and bam, "clean through". Maybe we misunderstand each other I dunno.

:doh: Don't think I have pin-pointed his chance for the goal previously. Was talking about the chances that he was able to get forward before that but lost it far far too easily. And furthermore, he was perhaps lucky to found himself in a clean through situation towards the end because Barcelona had basically threw everyone forward after his attempted dribble failed.

I still want us to sell him in the summer. I just hope that goal has added a few million to his value !

I still I'm inclined to agree, that goal made sure we would not experience same heart break we had in 09 but at the same time it's Ramires's goal that was not only the goal of the season(for me personally) but also is properly the most important goal our players have scored in the last few years. I'm happy he scored and has a chance to win his first few trophies at club level, but his stay here at Chelsea has been very disappointing and I do not want to risk build a side around a player who has obvious confidence/fitness issues. I doubt he would have anymore than a sub appearance in both finals we would play - since Drogba has been key in nearly all big matches we have won this season.

He’s not going anywhere, no point kidding ourselves. We own the rights to his image, he still has commercial value, nobody is going to pay over £20m for this guy when Newcastle are scouting gold in the form of Cisse & Demba Ba for next to nothing.

He’s not going anywhere, no point kidding ourselves. We own the rights to his image, he still has commercial value, nobody is going to pay over £20m for this guy when Newcastle are scouting gold in the form of Cisse & Demba Ba for next to nothing.

I see your point, But that doesn't mean that every club can just go out and get great goalscorers for small prices.