Fernando Torres

Yeah we've gotta agree to disagree on that! :D but I definitely agree he's looking very lively recently and doing well whether played up top on his own or on the wing but I just don't know if it is worth keeping him at this club if he isn't going to become that goalscorer that he was at Liverpool. How do we know he isn't going to go on one of those dreadful runs like last season where he couldn't be bothered at all?! It's a big risk imo. The club should be trying to sign a quality striker so that if 6 months into next season it still isn't working out for Torres as a regular scorer, either he can leave or he can permanently move to the right wing

Totally agree we should sign another world class striker every time i see sergio aguero we traced him for the best part of two years !!! be intersting to see who goes and stays what new players come in, if we start using our new signings we signed straight out on loan. and i was thinking last night aswel about josh, he isnt getting the game time at swansea can we call him back ?? we need as many players as we can get at the moment and it makes you wonder about josh and de bruyne how much of an impact they could have had in a push to ending the season on a high !!! de bruyne espacially being a winger and clear as day we need out and out wingers !!!!!

Hands up here, id given up on him a few months back after supporting him and convinced that he would come good (like 99% of us) since he joined. He just couldnt do it and didnt look like doing it but he has won me back again. I really think he is gonna kick on here again, i mean a few months back he wouldnt even have attempted that volley against Wigan. The goals are still always gonna be a concern but i can just feel its gonna happen. The commentator the other day typifies the sort of nonsense that he gets, after he slipped on the same spot twice in a row he said some shit about how it was down to his lack of confidence!! WHAT? He slipped, in the same place, TWICE...and thats because of a lack of confidence! FUCK OFF simp.

I wonder if Mata's goal got groaned like it was disallowed like Lampard's against Sunderland's did at the MHL after every one realized it was a genuine Chelsea legend that scored and not Torres :rolleyes:

On another note im glad his performance's are improving but he isnt out of the woods yet, all it takes is one dreadful performance and its goal drought mark 3.

Torres has gone nearly 200 minutes without a goal, that's more that 3 hours!

Tbh if you can compare Torres to anyone, it would probably be Forlan in his Man Utd days. Class act but just couldn't quite do it for that team.

I wonder if Mata's goal got groaned like it was disallowed like Lampard's against Sunderland's did at the MHL after every one realized it was a genuine Chelsea legend that scored and not Torres :rolleyes:

Don't understand why you have to bring that up.

Honestly there are just as many posters here who spare no opportunity to put Torres down as there are those who over-glorify every half-decent thing he does.

Torres has gone nearly 200 minutes without a goal, that's more that 3 hours!

Tbh if you can compare Torres to anyone, it would probably be Forlan in his Man Utd days. Class act but just couldn't quite do it for that team.

Really odd you say this being that Torres has been our creative spark for almost 3/4 of the season..........

And... That right there is what I was talking about. Lack of service? I guess. But everytime he got the ball he was shambolic. Seriously... It's not worth the risk to keep him here another season UNLESS we can sign a top class striker so that if he flops next season we won't be screwed

lol funny thread. He plays well, has 2 assists and a goal so he's back. Then the bastard goes n plays awfully in 2 successive games and he's awful. Tbh tho, he'll probably never be consistently back to his good ol' self. Might have a few sparks here n there but that's probably about it.

Another average game from him. Talks of him being back recently is obviously premature.

Hardly a surprise after the duration of his previous slump.....he's obviously going to blow hot and cold from now on, unless the team itself undergoes a dramatic upheaval in form.

Regardless of the strikers ability, it's almost impossible to score goals regularly without good service. I'm not saying that he'd suddenly start firing them in like there's no tomorrow, but given the right service he would be much more of a threat. Without Mata on the pitch, there's no-one capable of that creative spark. We're void of out-and-out wingers leaving us extremely narrow, thus leaving Torres feeding off scraps.

People really need to stop with these knee-jerk reactions, though. One minute 'Fernando's back!', the next it's 'Sell him he's useless!'. Although his form has been a little erratic lately, he's often proved to be our most influential player and deserving of that starting place up top. It's very easy to jump on the bandwagon calling for his head, but Fernando's goal-scoring form ought to be the least of our worries right now.

There's plenty of other problems that need addressing; such as the formation, strength in depth and some wingers willing to hug the touchline and cross the ball!