UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

When did I compare PSG's history to barcelona history as the same. I called Barcelona a second tier team.

Ramires tackle was so harsh and deliberate that it made news and headlines, o wait, no one cared, because it wasn't deliberate and harsh. Any little negative thing Chelsea does, the media would scrutinized, guess what, ramires tackle wasn't....

Is that why Mourinho wanted a ban from Foy to ref Chelsea games? Because he agreed with all his calls and cards?

Yes, I guess I talk before I think.

I realized that you do

I'm not saying they wouldn't have aimed, just that it's not their season objective. Meaning, their season would not have been failure if they fail to reach the semis of the CL as is the case with Bayer, Real and Barca.

And I think you're using the term "world class" way too loosely..

Who would you put in top 5 in world?

Mine would be bayern, real, barcelona, atletico and a split between bvb/psg

I'm not saying they wouldn't have aimed, just that it's not their season objective. Meaning, their season would not have been failure if they fail to reach the semis of the CL as is the case with Bayer, Real and Barca.

And I think you're using the term "world class" way too loosely..

Well lets agree to disagree. I am just saying this by putting myself in place of a psg fan. I mean, they have barely have had to break a sweat to reach to the qfs. Plus barring the top 3, any team in the world would have been an equal opposition in the qf (which is the case even with this fixture). But yes, its more an aim than objective.

I dint. I purposely used top class rather than world class. I mean even GC won't cone under the WC category but he is a top-top player. :)

Who would you put in top 5 in world?

Mine would be bayern, real, barcelona, atletico and a split between bvb/psg

I wouldn't put a top 5 teams in the world because there are no means to know for sure especially for teams from different leagues. I think there are three teams who are in a league of their own and those are Bayern, Barcelona and Madrid. Then you have top teams that just aren't at the level of those three and those include the likes of Athletico, Dortmund, City, PSG, Chelsea, Juventus, Napoli, Arsenal (probably forgetting a couple of teams).

Nobody said it would be a piece of cake

Yes they did, just read the last few pages of this thread!

I am not saying we wont win, I actually think we will. However, we arent automaticaly through the semis like some are making out to be. They think just because PSG plays in France they are shit or not up to our level.

Sorry, we arent playing such a good football and PSG has finally clicked. They are not just a bunch of individual talented players, they are a team now. It will be very hard!

Again, they are not Bayern or Real and I am confident we will beat theam. But the massive underrating of PSG is blasphemy...

I'd much rather have drawn BvB or Manure!!!

Agree with everything (nearly) but saying Paris is the most beautiful city in the world?

Having travelled around a lot - I have to disagree ;)

Really? What cities are prettier then? (I'm just curious, not criticizing)

I think cities like Cannes and Nice are very nice. Never been there of course. Just something I think.

Despite being young, I've already been to many cities and the only one prettier than Paris was Madrid!

I agree there must be prettier cities than Paris, but it is still right up there with any other city, imo!

London and Chicago are the coolest ones I've ever been to, but definitely not as pretty as Paris...

Despite being young, I've already been to many cities and the only one prettier than Paris was Madrid!

I agree there must be prettier cities than Paris, but it is still right up there with any other city, imo!

London and Chicago are the coolest ones I've ever been to, but definitely not as pretty as Paris...

Lucky man :)

Their midfield is strong because they are 3 in a 4-3-3 formation but if you look at it twice, we can match them.

------ Motta ------ (Luiz / Mikel)

Matuidi - Cabaye (ramires - Lampard) it's as good for me. I don't think that Verratti is matured enough to play a big part in this tie.

on paper yes but ramires has been struggling with discipline, especially in passing and Lampard is slow. i give the edge to the PSG 3-man mid