BlueLion.

Poll  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your MOTM Vs Wigan?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on. Far too much negativity. Imagine if what happened to Liverpool happened today, or Spurs or Arsenal. We did well to win, it was a promising start to a side that will still be adjusting to how to play. On top of that we saw quality performances from two Premier League debutants in Hazard and Oscar. With a couple more signings I don't see why we can't challenge for the league. Reading some of the posts on here you would think we were just hammered by Wigan.

Agree first game and we got the win and kept a clean sheet, oscar has only met Mata and torres 48 hours ago for example... Record book says 3 points, people are right not to be getting too happy about the performance but we got the job done and thats what we needed to do... Look at what happenned around us, liverpool got smashed arsenal drew tottenham lost... Starting off the season isn't easy especially when we are trying to initiate a new philosphy even if there hasn't been a lot of personnel changes. We have the points, and we can look ahead to the next game... Would like to see oscar start next game with hazard... But definately agree with you on the too much negativity front.

All round good performance

torres did an okay job of leading the line. If he couldn't get a chance, at least he was a decent bloke who tried to bring others in the game. I think he really should have done so much better with that last chance from Ivanovic. RDM has to tell him to start concentrating more, i think the problem isn't his pace but his lack of awareness and anticipation of through balls. Had he been more alert he would have been able to snatch a few more opportunities in the first half. It's the first game of the season so Im still reserving my judgement on him this season. For the 50 million pounds Chelsea paid, he was never going to reach that valuation, however, i do expect him to contribute to the team's all round play and score some goals.

Im pleased with the victory. After scoring 2, we went for the power saving option which was wise of RDM. 2 more games, hopefully another 6 points.

Hazard impressed me so much today. The ball just sticks to him like glue and the only way to get the ball of him is 1) he misplaces a pass 2) you tackle him.

I think we finally have one of those players where we can honestly expect magic to happen when he has the ball :D

No you got tinted glasses or you are just an idiot looking for an excuse for a player worth £50m. What did he do apart from the run at the end? Nothing, he was poor. This is our striker who is leading our line, I have had enough of this bullshit about he worked hard. We want goals for christ sake

Call me an idiot doesn't make your point valid, how many decent passes he received apart from the long hoofy goal kicks? Ryan's header probably was the only one, which he did well to hold it and tapped it past the goalie despite he was pushed and fouled.

Sturridge's atittude pisses me off. Selfish, greedy and moody.

I think that critisism against Danny is unjustified. I dont get why you guys get that impression of him. In any case, what you think of his attitude isnt really relevant. Danny is a natural goal scorer, he is confident, quick, got good technique and that is what we need up front

Call me an idiot doesn't make your point valid, how many decent passes he received apart from the long hoofy goal kicks? Ryan's header probably was the only one, which he did well to hold it and tapped it past the goalie despite he was pushed and fouled.

When Drogba plays he links up with midfield brilliantly, makes brilliant runs, beats defenders for pace and power. Everything Torres just is not doing. Compare what Drogba done in the big games last season compared to Torres. That is my worry, when we play the big teams. Happy with the win but I am just looking at future games. Torres timing of runs was poor today and although it is the first game, I shouldnt be worrying too much but I am getting a sense of de-ja vu.

Hazard is much more threatening down the middle than down the right. Very good first half. That being said, his second half (the 15 minutes he played) was really not good. And I think he knows it. RDM made the right choice subbing him, maybe tickle his ego a bit for the game against Reading.

But overall, you can't expect more from an attacking midfielder than to serve two easy goals. Be it all in the first five minutes, or in the whole 90 minutes. Thus, MOTM rightly so.

Pleased with every player today (especially Hazard) except Torres. I would have defended him and always will defend a player if they are putting in maximum effort but it was clear that he was lazy today. He would not chase down or pressure defenders, make decent runs regularly enough, his passing was poor and he just gave up when he gave the ball away. Totally, completely not good enough. We can praise him all we want for his goal against Man City but if he is only going to do that sort of thing once a month then there is no point having him.

Today it was not about confidence for him as a problem it was laziness which is not good enough. Play Sturridge until Torres starts to give a fuck and stop making lame excuses for him.

is okay! torres tried really hard to get a goal! his little trickery @ end should have paid off!

but the whole team is happy know with 3 points

Hazard admitted been targeted by defenders, especially in france. i like players who arent too optimistic!

OFF TOPIC

AGUERO IS INJURED! - GOOD NEWS

What's the point playing the game then ? Should we be winners because of our Champions of Europe status ?

Come on hat's not how football works, today that's game plan against game plan and tactical choices to try to win the games from both sides.

that comment wasn't entirely serious. I just wanted Danny rather than Ryan starting. But I liked the way Ryan played on the wing.