BlueLion.

Poll  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your MOTM Vs Wigan?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

avoided the forum till now ...notice still a lot of negative points...

so my view of the weekend.

EXCELLENT result for us ,,,a win and a clean sheet at a difficult place to play.

City ,,,scraped home at home with 2 late goals against promoted club.

Arse scoreless home draw.

Spurs 2 1 defeat

Liverpool ,,, humiliation

all in all a satisfactory first weekend..

Now all we need is for Everton to do one over United and for RVP to get some hamstring injury lol!

I was at the game today and I thought it was a fantastic result. I always worry about away games because they're all potential banana skins, Hazard was superb and we all witnessed it in the away stand lol he's a brilliant little player. The whole Torres situation is worrying because he has no competition so if he does not find the net in 20 games he's probably not going to be benched because other then Danny he's our only real full blooded striker. We seriously need to sign a striker and we all know it, lets not try and cut corners here. We have so many creative players but we need a striker to bury the chances created.

I was at the game today and I thought it was a fantastic result. I always worry about away games because they're all potential banana skins, Hazard was superb and we all witnessed it in the away stand lol he's a brilliant little player. The whole Torres situation is worrying because he has no competition so if he does not find the net in 20 games he's probably not going to be benched because other then Danny he's our only real full blooded striker. We seriously need to sign a striker and we all know it, lets not try and cut corners here. We have so many creative players but we need a striker to bury the chances created.

What about Torres is currently worrying? He clearly drew a pen and was denied. He drew another good foul at the edge of the box after getting around like 3 defenders. He was unlucky not to score when his ball was cleared off the line. And he put himself in a great position to have a superb chance on goal but ivan couldn't complete a 3 yard pass properly.

And yeah, Hazard was class. I was really pleasantly surprised with Oscar's performance though. Excellent vision and awareness. And somehow, for such a skinny dude, he was pushing the backline back rather than them pushing him around.

HULK is the answer...

My thoughts on the game...

1. I felt the decision to pick Bertrand was a breath of fresh air. People on this forum were very critical before the game, but with Ramires injured who else should RDM have played? It's unfair to expect Oscar to start so soon, starting Sturridge would leave no striking option on the bench, and then that leaves Meireles, which judging on this forum, would be even worse. People need to appreciate we cannot go gung ho and transform into a much higher offensive mentality immediately. Also we were playing away from home first game of the season. Home fans will be buzzing, and not to mention the run of form Wigan finished with last season. Bertrand gave a greater balance to the midfield considering the defensive deficiencies of Mata and Hazard. If you want really attacking football with no real tactical structure and discipline to it then go and support Arsenal or Spurs...and enjoy winning fuck all season after season!
  2. And following on from that, we as fans have been moaning for years all of the times we have been winning comfortably with youngsters on the bench and they're not brought on. In RDM we have someone who doesn't seem fazed about throwing an inexperienced body in if he believes in them. I personally think it's fantastic.
  3. Hazard's first half was excellent. It's going to take time for players like him and Oscar to adapt and grow into the Premier League. Hazard fading away the longer the game went was proof of that, but if he is able to produce game winning periods of play like today whilst he is still adapting, we're only going to get better and stronger. Also fair play to him for coming onto Sky Sports after the match and answering a question in English.
  4. Defensively we looked more solid today. I was critical of Terry against Man City but he looked much more solid today. A couple of early clean sheets will breed confidence at the back quickly which is what we want. When the defence is confident and feel strong, then the attackers can play with more freedom.
  5. Wigan had more possession but at home so they should. They are a naturally comfortable team in possession, but they didn't create buckets of clear cut chances for the possession they had. We went 2-0 up early and were looking to pick them off as they had to then come at us. Our counter attacking was not fluid enough at times which is understandable at the beginning of the season. However to be as critical as some have been that I have read, to a 2-0 win away from home seems non-sensical.
  6. Why does there seem a need to comment on Torres' performance every game no matter how he has played? Is it about time we treat him as one of the boys as opposed to an enigma?
  7. Victor Moses looked good today. Easily their best player. He has an unpredictability about him, and never gives up trying. His final ball wasn't always the best but in fairness to him he mostly only had a static Di Santo to aim for in between 3 or 4 Chelsea defenders. For the price being quoted, he would be a solid addition to our squad.

I really don't like using stats since Kalou and stuff but how was Mikel bad when he only made 4 wrong passes out of 59. He had 94% of pass accuracy. How is that bad? And also Torres had only 1 SHOT ON TARGET. Our main man who is supposed to lead us after Drogba left managed to shoot once in 90 minutes. Do you really trust him to provide goals?

What's also worrying me is that we used to have couple of strikers like Drogba, Anelka, Kalou, Torres, Sturridge, even Borini and now all we have are Torres and Danny. We have to dive into the market for the CF asap.

What about Torres is currently worrying? He clearly drew a pen and was denied. He drew another good foul at the edge of the box after getting around like 3 defenders. He was unlucky not to score when his ball was cleared off the line. And he put himself in a great position to have a superb chance on goal but ivan couldn't complete a 3 yard pass properly.

And yeah, Hazard was class. I was really pleasantly surprised with Oscar's performance though. Excellent vision and awareness. And somehow, for such a skinny dude, he was pushing the backline back rather than them pushing him around.

47 Premier League games 7 goals and the fact that he's our only striker. What if he does the same as last season and ducks the shooting opportunities, we'll be out the title race before November and we'll panic in January and sign a striker. The club has not signed a striker so they can appease him in my opinion. We all know that it's hard to be a striker at Chelsea when Drogba is around but I just think we can't neglect our needs just because Torres might not like fierce competition. I looked on the bench today and all I seen as our striker option was Danny and he's half a winger lol.

Any news on the Marin's and Ramy's fitness? Hope we won't be running out of options. Ok it will suffice for Reading (expect a similar game as this one), but with regard to the Nucastle and super cup, I am a little anxious, considering it is one of our few realistic title chances.

Watching the MOTD highlights, how come it looks like Wigan played better than us in the second half by miles???

true, but they were not good either and we shifted to autopilot after the sec. goal. wigan had only 1 or 2 considerable chances, we were pretty solid at the back, no need to worry.

Considering this was a potential banana skin, i fail to see how anyone can be unhappy with a routine 2-0 win at the DW.

Yes it may not have been the greatest performance, but isn't playing crap and winning suppose to be the sign of a great team?

Because obviously people aren't too happy with the performance, people aren't complaining about the result or anything entirely, they are just concerned.

God you post the most obvious shit in the world.