BlueLion.

Poll  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your MOTM Vs Wigan?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That last chance in the 88th for Torres could have very very easily gone in, if it had it could have very easily ignited him. RDM agrees with me. Sturridge will never be a 40 goal a season striker. Fact.

And you know this how exacly? Your attitude is really pissing me off.

You are a spastic Torres has had one season with over 25 goals in all competitions. No one thinks Sturridge is going to be a 40 goal striker - but I strongly believe if he gets as much time on the pitch as Torres this season he would outscore Nando by a good margin.

Didn't say Torres scored 40 goals. But Torres can score 40 goals if he stays in form all season and gets a couple of goals early in the season. Sturridge will never achieve that. Not a world class winger and not a world class striker. Torres shattered the Liverpool goal scoring record over two years I believe. Strikers very rarely get injured or tired, he should play 90 minutes in every game and if we're losing the attacking midfielders should be changed untill they give Torres a decent chance to score. Not long balls and late through balls.

Seriously good win, midfielders looked good but Torres did nothing to show he is going to take over the role of Drogba. He looked same as last season, was just listening to Tony Gale and fully agree with him. Torres had one good run nearing the end of the match and that was literally it. Good win but work still needs to be done IMO. Also for people who doubted inclusion of Bertrand, once again put in a brilliant shift. I still havent lost faith in him but I would of liked to see Sturridge come on his place today but he never came on. But surely as we go on and player harder games RDM must think that is a problem.

Are you watching the same game? Torres was not bad at all! Please take off your tinted glasses.

A very average performance all around once again. Can't keep the ball. Can't cross the ball. Pathetic.

On the bright side, we won, kept a clean sheet and got that 3 points to stop the recent run of poor results. Really need to build on this against Reading and Newcastle.

Good debut by Hazard too. Named the 'Man of the Match'.

Seriously, I'm not saying Torres played very well, but at least shouldn't be blamed. Most of the "passes" he got were from Cech's hoofy goal kicks ffs, what do you expect him to do? Jump like ironman hold the ball with his chest dribble past defenders round the goalie and slot in?!

Didn't say Torres scored 40 goals. But Torres can score 40 goals if he stays in form all season and gets a couple of goals early in the season. Sturridge will never achieve that. Not a world class winger and not a world class striker. Torres shattered the Liverpool goal scoring record over two years I believe. Strikers very rarely get injured or tired, he should play 90 minutes in every game and if we're losing the attacking midfielders should be changed untill they give Torres a decent chance to score. Not long balls and late through balls.

Torres is past his best, he might have been able to score 40 goals in Liverpool had he been injury free - when he was really one of the best strikers in the League. The time of Torres being a top striker in World Football is gone, I don't think you've watched enough of the current Chelsea FC striker Torres and what he was at Liverpool. Simply he won't ever reach that level - Sturridge in his first season at a top club playing a new position managed to out score him, more evidence for him becoming a 40 goal striker than Torres.

Torres is a striker similar to Owen, with pace gone it's all a downward slope as he continues to be more and more just a finisher up top relying on our midfield to setup clear chances for him. Had he had his old pace he would't have been muscled off the ball for his first 100% chance - he would have the Wigan defender snatching at his heels. While the second chance was just another time where he failed to make the needed position to score goals - something that would have never happened a few years ago but is far too commonplace for Torres nowadays.

Good game by Torres

He had like 1 shot? Or two? If he was a defender I'd say that was good but for a striker he's a fucking disappointment.

Great result, particularly considering those of Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool yesterday. Just confirmed what we knew, Eden Hazard is a star. Torres led the line well and was unlucky not to score. Mata played very well and interlinked with Hazard brilliantly. Mikel and Lampard looked pretty solid and improved in possession in the second half. Luiz was excellent at centre back as was Bertrand on the left flank. Oscar also with an encouraging cameo, a few flashes of quality, a sure sign of things to come.

Very good start, always nice to pick up 3 points in your first game and encouraging signs for the season.

Once again what did Fernando really do? Agree with the rest, especially that Hazard and Mata bit.