BlueLion.

Poll  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your MOTM Vs Wigan?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres was average, not bad. He did look uninterested (same as the game in midweek against Puerto Rico) but should have gotten a pen (stupid ref) and also had an effort cleared off the line - if he went down then that could have been another pen.

Speaking of the ref, he was fucking annoying. I really hate it when referees are not consistent, he booked Luiz for his first foul, but allowed another player to commit 4 fouls before showing yellow. Sigh.

our match on Wednesday. Bit of confidence restored and not much energy consumed. Also in a weekend where Arsenal drew, City struggled, Liverpool and Tottenham lost and Man Utd have a potentially hard game tomorrow, a win for us was huge, really, really big win already.

Whenever our rivals falter, we need to take advantage and today we have. Also nice to see Oscar get on and Hazard get MOTM, shutting many idiots up in the process.

+1. It's actually Tuesday, only about 52h after today's game, which makes it even more crucial that we could stroll out today without picking any injuries or even tiring. After the goals it was a training session. u can smash our performance or claim it as Wigans achievement, that we were rather defensive (as martinez did) but u cant play down the fact that we got an extremley busy August in which any respite is appreciated. I think RDM put everything spot-on today.

3rd place is probably the most realistic outcome in terms of Squad Strength. The title might remain in Manchester but we will regain our rightful place as London's no.1 team. IMO we will have less problems with the smaller teams in the league cos we our problem against them was our "pedestrian" style . With our 4 100% creative players, we should be able to unlock their defenses.

avoided the forum till now ...notice still a lot of negative points...

so my view of the weekend.

EXCELLENT result for us ,,,a win and a clean sheet at a difficult place to play.

City ,,,scraped home at home with 2 late goals against promoted club.

Arse scoreless home draw.

Spurs 2 1 defeat

Liverpool ,,, humiliation

all in all a satisfactory first weekend..

Happy with the 3 points, but sadly....

We were everything we want to be in the first 5 minutes,

And then we were everything we dont want to be for the next 85....

really dont know what to think about this performance. Will wait till our reading game to form a stronger opinion on where we are going, whether we will be the "playing good in spells:", then back to defending and soaking pressure or do we have the desire to bomb on. This was a wierd game. We could have had so much more if we really went for it.

+1. It's actually Tuesday, only about 52h after today's game, which makes it even more crucial that we could stroll out today without picking any injuries or even tiring. After the goals it was a training session. u can smash our performance or claim it as Wigans achievement, that we were rather defensive (as martinez did) but u cant play down the fact that we got an extremley busy August in which any respite is appreciated. I think RDM put everything spot-on today.

3rd place is probably the most realistic outcome in terms of Squad Strength. The title might remain in Manchester but we will regain our rightful place as London's no.1 team. IMO we will have less problems with the smaller teams in the league cos we our problem against them was our "pedestrian" style . With our 4 100% creative players, we should be able to unlock their defenses.

We play on Wednesday for sure, 7:45 KO so we have plenty of time, especially having the early KO today. I'll be happy with 3rd place but i still really want us to win the league of course. If we get another striker, Hulk or Cavani, we can win the league.

Utd having Rooney and Van Persie doesn't necessarily mean they are gonna work together amazingly tho, we thought Drogba and Torres would be the best strike force ever and that didn't work. Well, we didn't use 4-4-2 enough even tho both Manchester sides seem to know how to use it well. We need Torres to have a great season to challenge for the league. If not, we'll battle 3rd-6th again.

Considering this was a potential banana skin, i fail to see how anyone can be unhappy with a routine 2-0 win at the DW.

Yes it may not have been the greatest performance, but isn't playing crap and winning suppose to be the sign of a great team?

Some people says that we played bad today but bad compered to what? Compared to our pre season? Compared to our last season? If you compare todays game to our pre season games we played like gods!!! Im pleased with this preformance but we need to get better.

Considering this was a potential banana skin, i fail to see how anyone can be unhappy with a routine 2-0 win at the DW.

Yes it may not have been the greatest performance, but isn't playing crap and winning suppose to be the sign of a great team?

agree but not about us playing crap ... We got a flying start then held our lead . Jose would have been proud of it.

In the second half we had almost complete control ....Hazard was superb and Oscar looks even better

Aguero can be out for at least half a year after he suffered Torn cruciate ligament in the knee....

Wrong thread but good news, even tho i like him a lot. Let them suffer for a fucking change.

Some people says that we played bad today but bad compered to what? Compared to our pre season? Compared to our last season? If you compare todays game to our pre season games we played like gods!!! Im pleased with this preformance but we need to get better.

Exactly; shows we shouldn't be judged soley on pre-season... You compare that to the brighton game and we were so much better.