BlueLion.

Poll  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your MOTM Vs Wigan?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 points are 3 points... 1 game this week done 2 to go then we have 3 weeks where we can have the whole squad with all our new transfers present and future together and given time to get to know each other and gel together... If we can get the results this week then we are on the right path...

Cech isn't that type of goalkeeper unfortunately.

its not hard to change kicking the ball extra far or making a simple short pass. its not like he has a bunch of pressure on him at these times.

that being said the defenders have to make themselves available

if we're going to soley coubter im fine with that. you cant expect to have best of both worlds,

with that being said we should be able to press teams when JT&Lamps are resting. Pressing with those two is nit going to happen. thats only way i see us holdong possesion for 70fikin minuetes like the lot of you want, expect and fukin demand. i have no problem countering thw shit out if teams, gotbus 2 quick goals today all we needed. then we turned it on last 10 mins, and we nearly got 2 more goals,,,

also, if you cant appreciate this win then something is wrong with you. people arent 100% all the time.

Hazard can definitely play on the right! Looks like we could employ

Torres

Mata. Oscar. Hazard

Dont think hazard really played on the right. Him and Mata kept swapping and he was so much more dangerous down the middle

Can i just say something that has been bugging me for a while.

Every time we beat a "lesser side" we keep hearing "if that was a top side, we would have lost", it annoys me. United have many of those type of games, as do City, as do Barca in La Liga, the fact is we weren't playing Barca we were playing Wigan and we won 2-0.

Great result! But that's all really. Watched only the 2 half and I'm wondering did we play like that on purpose, in order to keep the result or was it the same in the first half?

Oscar looks magnificent, definitely has the quality to be a starter.

He had like 1 shot? Or two? If he was a defender I'd say that was good but for a striker he's a fucking disappointment.

Once again what did Fernando really do? Agree with the rest, especially that Hazard and Mata bit.

Made a few string runs on and off the ball. Should have had a penalty in the first half and was unlucky not to score in the second half. No it wasn't his greatest game but he did pretty well.

Are you watching the same game? Torres was not bad at all! Please take off your tinted glasses.

No you got tinted glasses or you are just an idiot looking for an excuse for a player worth £50m. What did he do apart from the run at the end? Nothing, he was poor. This is our striker who is leading our line, I have had enough of this bullshit about he worked hard. We want goals for christ sake

I am saying this, and will say it again, RDM is not the right person for attacking football. With all these exciting new players we have we still can't put three to four passes together. It is absolutely worrying to see Chelsea play like this against Wigan, which means we may pack the bus against tougher opposition.

Think Lampard was great today. One man in the double pivot always has to carry the ball forward, pick the right passes and support the attack, that is exactly what he did today. Lamps has never been a real no.10. he is rather a mix of a no 8 with a no.9, so he is rather a 8,5 . He'll def. be able to play as defensive midfieler due to his exp, intelligenca and build-up play ability, just needs a bit more time to adjust. Mikel can only shield a ball, move or pass it some inches. He might be still useful as a squad player but he simply is no no.6 for a top club. The problem is Ess or Romeu are not really any better.

Oscar had a triffic cameo. He seems to be fast enough and really committed, his passes were spot-on and we shoudl have scored as he put ivanovic through. I think he is the one who can take much weight off Lamps shoulders.

Hazard was nice, too, 2 assists in first competitive game is not bad, he will become better the more games he plays, he still gets fouled very often and should try to stay on his feet more.

torres was ok. His movement could have been better in some cases (a.coles flat cross; he should have gone towards the ball not away from it). Its not that he had no service but it could be even better. He will come good, but not as good as he was in red, so imo Sturridge should get some games.

Can i just say something that has been bugging me for a while.

Every time we beat a "lesser side" we keep hearing "if that was a top side, we would have lost", it annoys me. United have many of those type of games, as do City, as do Barca in La Liga, the fact is we weren't playing Barca we were playing Wigan and we won 2-0.

Spot on. Far too much negativity. Imagine if what happened to Liverpool happened today, or Spurs or Arsenal. We did well to win, it was a promising start to a side that will still be adjusting to how to play. On top of that we saw quality performances from two Premier League debutants in Hazard and Oscar. With a couple more signings I don't see why we can't challenge for the league. Reading some of the posts on here you would think we were just hammered by Wigan.

torres was ok. His movement could have been better in some cases (a.coles flat cross; he should have gone towards the ball not away from it). Its not that he had no service but it could be even better. He will come good, but not as good as he was in red, so imo Sturridge should get some games.

Bro, dontcha know Torres needs to play 90 minutes in every match in order for him to be confident, otherwise he will get depressed and will need to go to papa Roman and cry in his lap.

Spot on. Far too much negativity. Imagine if what happened to Liverpool happened today, or Spurs or Arsenal. We did well to win, it was a promising start to a side that will still be adjusting to how to play. On top of that we saw quality performances from two Premier League debutants in Hazard and Oscar. With a couple more signings I don't see why we can't challenge for the league. Reading some of the posts on here you would think we were just hammered by Wigan.

At last some sense!