Wigan 0-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Poll  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your MOTM Vs Wigan?

Pleased with every player today (especially Hazard) except Torres. I would have defended him and always will defend a player if they are putting in maximum effort but it was clear that he was lazy today. He would not chase down or pressure defenders, make decent runs regularly enough, his passing was poor and he just gave up when he gave the ball away. Totally, completely not good enough. We can praise him all we want for his goal against Man City but if he is only going to do that sort of thing once a month then there is no point having him.

Today it was not about confidence for him as a problem it was laziness which is not good enough. Play Sturridge until Torres starts to give a fuck and stop making lame excuses for him.

Only today?... the past 2 years... <_<

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased with every player today (especially Hazard) except Torres. I would have defended him and always will defend a player if they are putting in maximum effort but it was clear that he was lazy today. He would not chase down or pressure defenders, make decent runs regularly enough, his passing was poor and he just gave up when he gave the ball away. Totally, completely not good enough. We can praise him all we want for his goal against Man City but if he is only going to do that sort of thing once a month then there is no point having him.

Today it was not about confidence for him as a problem it was laziness which is not good enough. Play Sturridge until Torres starts to give a fuck and stop making lame excuses for him.

I missed the first half but in the 2nd half, torres played ok. He made some good runs and in term of pressuring defense, with RDM we are not a pressure team, we will soak up the pressure and counter, so there is no point for torres to chase defender.

Completely agree.

Mata was just as poor as Torres though, which is a bit of justification for Torres' poor performance.

It kind of reminds me of the same game in the 2007/08 season. After the Man City game (then 6-0 win) we travelled to Wigan and we were very shortly two nil up and another six-goal win was on cards but we held on the 2-0 win. Lampard scored as well, and then Belletti bang lol.

3 Points in the bag. We could have seen a Liverfool start to our season. I think we can take loads of positives away from this game.

David Luiz was much calmer at the back than normal. Mikel was a bit slow on the ball for me but we won our first game so YES PLEASE!

3 Points in the bag. We could have seen a Liverfool start to our season. I think we can take loads of positives away from this game.

David Luiz was much calmer at the back than normal. Mikel was a bit slow on the ball for me but we won our first game so YES PLEASE!

:D

This game showed that making Torres undisputed number one might end up costing Robbie his job. We need to give him competition whether that is by Danny or a new forward.

Danny should get a start against Reading.