David Luiz

the wes

There is always an overreaction when Luiz has a few bad games - always talk that he should be moved on, that he isn't "good enough" for English football...

Just can't wait till he gets into form and shuts up all of the doubters.

It's becoming a general consensus with Luiz though, he just is generally poor right now. Let's put love for him and wanting to cuddle him to one side because he makes funny finger gestures on twitter. He's lost the basics of basic defending.

You speak about his doubters as if they hate him, he plays for CFC nobody hates him, but if he isn't doing it he deserves to be dropped, not only dropped but sort his fucking head out. We speak more of his mistakes now because they are becoming more and more prominent, people aren't making this shit up, he's poor but in all this we want him to be this top class centre back people claim he is......fucking show us please David.

Luiz needs to start tuning in and fast.

The mental aspect of the game is extremely overvalued in England for whatever reason.

I can think of plenty of instances where it is talked up in American sports, where 'clutchness' can define a sportsman. I personally think people look far too much at the FIFA stats of a player and completely ignore the fact that the top two inches are the most important part of a sportsperson's body.

David has every single tangible aspect of the game down - it's the intangibles, the focus, the commitment to each and every game that is being called into question.

It's been that day since almost day one at this club too.

There is always an overreaction when Luiz has a few bad games - always talk that he should be moved on, that he isn't "good enough" for English football...

Just can't wait till he gets into form and shuts up all of the doubters.

The fact that there's an apparent prescribed reaction to his 'drops in form' should be a worry shouldn't it? The fact that the same questions have been brought up time and time again in his two and a half years at this club must be ringing some alarm bells, and yet people in this thread have said he needs a bit more time to grow and mature.

No-one is doubting his physical abilities. We've all seen him show that he can be amongst the very best defenders in the world, but it's the fact that fans seem to expect him to throw in something unbelievably stupid once in a while that could be his downfall.

good read: http://eplindex.com/44085/carmilles-chelsea-column-hazard-david-luiz-joses-preferred-xi.html

Luiz is potentially one of the greatest centre-back prospects as is evident by the attention he has drawn from the likes of La Liga dominating Barcelona. When selected to start alongside Terry or Cahill, Luiz offers pace in the defensive line, but his main strength is his ability on the ball. Luiz has fantastic ability on the ball, his delivery with both feet is excellent and his vision to spot a gap or run of one of the forwards is incredible. Luiz can turn a defence into attack by one defence-splitting pass. Luiz has also showed his technical abilities through his unique free-kicks, leaving nets shattered from a far distance out. But his strengths are often overwhelmed by his blatant mistakes resulting from what can only be a lack of concentration or lack of experience. Jose Mourinho would surely welcome the Brazilian in his starting XI if he could iron out his errors and become a more consistent player.

What you said and what I said about the kind of players Mourinho wants don't exclude each other. That's where we disagree about Luiz, but as we agreed not to discuss it because I don't really like to discuss one's sportsmanship whoever they may be.

I agree on the minor sides thing. What I meant is that we see Luiz being sloppy - which I don't think it's a conscious decision - against weaker sides. I chose a bad combination of words, and you're right.

We also disagree about who to fault in the City's match. You may not be one of them, but had Luiz made that mistake, this thread wouldn't live to have so many posts blaming him and not Cech. As I said, @JDY saw it coming days before the match. Cahill allows that to happen whenever he plays a striker like Kun or a team like City. If you don't consider it a mistake, it has to be at least a limitation. But if you don't see any, well, it's your opinion, one you're entitled to have.

Play Luiz against top sides and Cahill against the so called 'minor sides'- Problem solved.

then the minor sides will just park the bus and our buildup from the back will be so slow and we will not create anything.

Thats why we need to find a new midfielder capable of linking defence to attacking midfield.

Our buildup from the back is slow..but thats because none of our midfielders know what to do with the ball.

then the minor sides will just park the bus and our buildup from the back will be so slow and we will not create anything.

Abundance of attacking midfield talent and you expect our CB to build up attacking pay from the back?

The reason Oscar withdraws downfield to receive the ball is to do that exact same thing.

Play Luiz against teams that park the bus and Cahill when we park it

Luiz is a under-rated asset when it comes to teams that park the bus, we struggle to break those teams down as it is, but when David doesn't play it becomes even harder than it should be.