David Luiz

the wes

Luiz has been on bad form lately and would probably pay the price if Alex was still around, but there's a reason Cahill won't replace him for any significant amount of time and it's the same reason Bertrand hasn't took over from Cole.

but Cole is bad for us every single match! I don't know if Bertrand would mess up in the long haul, but Cole is overran, dribbled, and concedes turnovers way too often. I agree I'd rather someone better than Bertrand, but I guess it's hard to be worse than Cole recently.

but Cole is bad for us every single match! I don't know if Bertrand would mess up in the long haul, but Cole is overran, dribbled, and concedes turnovers way too often. I agree I'd rather someone better than Bertrand, but I guess it's hard to be worse than Cole recently.

Agreed, but then again, come CL big matches can we really trust Bertrand then? Or will we need an on form Cole for those? I'll go with the latter.

Same reasoning I have with the out-of-form David. We will be facing very pacey and technical strikers in the CL and we will need David then, especially if we plan to apply pressure at some time (playing a high line).

Luiz has been on bad form lately and would probably pay the price if Alex was still around, but there's a reason Cahill won't replace him for any significant amount of time and it's the same reason Bertrand hasn't took over from Cole.

Or maybe Mourinho just has his preference issue despite banging about meritocracy all season and contradicting it at the same time..

About Cole, there was one incident of him that just pisses me off and even summed him up of his recent performances. Remember in the second half against Newcastle when the ball was played behind him and a Newcastle player (can't remember who) got a free run at goal and nearly scored but thanks to Cech? That was just utterly pathetic. The incident happened because he got exposed is criminal already as it is but then, Cole didn't even bother to run back and try to stop the attack! :doh:

Agreed, but then again, come CL big matches can we really trust Bertrand then? Or will we need an on form Cole for those? I'll go with the latter.

Same reasoning I have with the out-of-form David. We will be facing very pacey and technical strikers in the CL and we will need David then, especially if we plan to apply pressure at some time (playing a high line).

Let's not talk about those matches because in all honesty we'd be in bad shape with any of them. Luiz hasn't performed a great match for us (I don't think he was that amazing against Arsenal, although was solid, but again, that was a mixed Arsenal side) in a small while (although he did earlier this season). Cahill makes me nervous every single minute he plays. Cole has been making mistake after mistake and Terry and or Cech have been saving his ass time after time. Bertrand isn't reliable, and I'd be nervous too in big matches with him.

So we need to take advantage that we don't have BIG matches coming - although we have important matches such as Schalke - and try to get the best out of those guys.

I'm sure an in-form-Luiz is way better than Cahill, and I saw Luiz in form this season for Brazil - and to be fair a few matches for us, two of which great imo, so I think Luiz can be 'fixed'. As for Cole, I don't know where the problem resides and I don't know if we should be trying to 'fix' him or trying to mold Bertrand. It seems like almost a loss-loss situation.

Cahill is decent, I get tense watching him, but he's better than Cole now and I guess I trust him better than I trust Bertrand. But we need to work in that LB, that's one of our biggest liabilities this season imo. I guess it's only less bad than the pivot - that alternates great matches, and the same old rubbish matches from previous seasons.

Fair enough.

There is no point really (of having that big squad) when only XI play. The problem of dropping important/key players because of form is that it becomes more difficult for those players to regain their form later on. Had we not insisted with Lampard last season, he wouldn't have won us the CL spot with sterling performances in the final 7 or so games.

Yes, sometimes you gotta drop an underperforming player, so long as the replacement is really the better option, which is something many of us here disagree with (manager does too I guess). The point is that when the big games come in the CL and BPL, you will need the key players to be on form, so it makes very little sense losing them now (by not playing them). That's the juggling (with confidence and fitness) managers have to do.

every big team in the world, CHELSEA,BAYERN, BARCA, RM, UNITED, CITY etc etc have a big squad. bayern have an equally bigger squad to us when they have 4 league games less to play and 1 domestic tournament less to play and all this is done not wothout a reason. when u want to win trophies, u have to win majority of the matches. u cant afford to have an out of form CB (luiz), an out-of form LB (cole), a highly constrained and way past his prime CDM (lamps), play against a team like newcastle at st. james' park. there are better options than what these guys can provide us with right now. GC, bert, mikel have already shown they can. schurlle has set the scene on fire and deserves to be selected ahead of our not in top-form yet POTY for the last 2 years, mata. this is the sacrifice we have to make for being the title challengers. we cant provide the players with their own sweet time to get back into top form to clinch top 4, cos we have to win the other matches too to win the league. for eg- against schalke, i see no reason why any of mata, luiz, cole, lamps should start.

every big team in the world, CHELSEA,BAYERN, BARCA, RM, UNITED, CITY etc etc have a big squad. bayern have an equally bigger squad to us when they have 4 league games less to play and 1 domestic tournament less to play and all this is done not wothout a reason. when u want to win trophies, u have to win majority of the matches. u cant afford to have an out of form CB (luiz), an out-of form LB (cole), a highly constrained and way past his prime CDM (lamps), play against a team like newcastle at st. james' park. there are better options than what these guys can provide us with right now. GC, bert, mikel have already shown they can. schurlle has set the scene on fire and deserves to be selected ahead of our not in top-form yet POTY for the last 2 years, mata. this is the sacrifice we have to make for being the title challengers. we cant provide the players with their own sweet time to get back into top form to clinch top 4, cos we have to win the other matches too to win the league. for eg- against schalke, i see no reason why any of mata, luiz, cole, lamps should start.

Do you see much rotation being done by any of those sides? I see the same starting XI every time I see Barcelona play for example. Same defenders (if you can call Mascherano one), same fullbacks, some rotation in the midfield for the older players, granted, but that's a about it.

I don't completely disagree with your points; my point is that this is one of the most difficult aspects of managing a top team. Juggling a big squad and not having unhappy players who also cannot be counted on.

Do you see much rotation being done by any of those sides? I see the same starting XI every time I see Barcelona play for example. Same defenders (if you can call Mascherano one), same fullbacks, some rotation in the midfield for the older players, granted, but that's a about it.

I don't completely disagree with your points; my point is that this is one of the most difficult aspects of managing a top team. Juggling a big squad and not having unhappy players who also cannot be counted on.

i dont see barca doin it cos u dont see them losing. they have 31 points in 11 ganes, what does that tell u.

now look at united and city. and see them for an example. defenders like rio totally out of form has been benched for evans (just one example).

jose is an exceptional manager and u expect him to know his own trade (and he damn well does). moreover, these are profesional players who can see more than us fans, what is going on. who is in form and who is out of it.

This is getting tedious. Every time Cahill plays and makes a mistake, people say Luiz should have played instead. And when Luiz plays and makes a mistake, then oh Cahill should have played rather than Luiz! Really, regardless of who plays, they should be doing better with the defending especially when most of the mistakes seem to come from either one having brainfart moments with basic defending stuff!

So what do you suggest??? Try out Kalas???

So what do you suggest??? Try out Kalas???

No. The point is, the players should be cutting out their silly mistakes. There is no point in going round and round saying this player should have played instead because the other made a mistake after every game.

If it continues like for 4-5 games in a row, then fine kick that player out and give others a chance perhaps but not overreacting to asking for change from game to game basis.

azpi-iva-JT-bert. at this moment, this will probably be our best back 4.

After all these games, having to go there is probably tedious work. That will change our entire defensive setup( for good or for worse)

Then again, that back 4 has not played a single game this season- its more like going back a few steps. The best thing is to get Luiz's and Cahill's shit together.

After all these games, having to go there is probably tedious work. That will change our entire defensive setup( for good or for worse)

Then again, that back 4 has not had a single game this season- its more like going back a few steps. The best thing is to get Luiz's and Cahill's shit together.

tbh i still feel GC-JT have been very steady and very good.

they have played hull, villa, united,fulham,schalke, city and conceded just 2 goals.

and while we are saying that GC needs to sort his shit out, i feel he has been very good. the aguero goal was NOT his mistake by any stretch of imagination. if u give me a chance of taking a ST at an acute angle against the near post of cech, i would take that. against arsenal and schalke he was good and steady.

its just the DL fans that feel GC is a patheitic defender who has no technical ability etc etc.

tbh i still feel GC-JT have been very steady and very good.

they have played hull, villa, united,fulham,schalke, city and conceded just 2 goals.

and while we are saying that GC needs to sort his shit out, i feel he has been very good. the aguero goal was NOT his mistake by any stretch of imagination. if u give me a chance of taking a ST at an acute angle against the near post of cech, i would take that. against arsenal and schalke he was good and steady.

its just the DL fans that feel GC is a patheitic defender who has no technical ability etc etc.

Let's just risk them till January and hopefully one of them comes out fine from this mess. Last thing i want is John Terry to fuck up- Season over.

i dont see barca doin it cos u dont see them losing. they have 31 points in 11 ganes, what does that tell u.

now look at united and city. and see them for an example. defenders like rio totally out of form has been benched for evans (just one example).

jose is an exceptional manager and u expect him to know his own trade (and he damn well does). moreover, these are profesional players who can see more than us fans, what is going on. who is in form and who is out of it.

It tells me they have como Cahill on their lineup. :)

They play very weak sides mostly and setup to beat them. I reckon that's what we tried but ncastle we're not as badas we expected them 2 be.

Enders game break...