Atholy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So this was posted on the Everton forum:

Hello all,

Palace fan here but thought you may be interested in some transfer news I came across through work this week.

I go to Brussels twice a month for work & on the way back to St Pancras last week I started talking to this guy at the Eurostar bar. Very slick looking continental-type - imagine Rui Costa in 10 years.

After the usual small talk he said he worked as a football consultant, so I joked that I would take his card & give it to Holloway if we go up, at which point he said: "No chance, this summer all my time will be taken up with Mr Moyes".

I asked him what he meant & he said he met Moyes through one of Everton's scouts some time ago, and they almost did a deal for a midfielder (don't ask me the name - it sounded African & I had a couple of €9 Heinekens by that point) but it fell through at the last minute.

He said he was currently managing that winger of yours, Mirallas, and that he was "looking to do a lot more business this summer". My brother-in-law's a bluenose so I asked him more questions on his behalf while getting another round in. It turns out he also manages that monster Lukaku, & Moyes has approached Rui Costa Sr to try and include Lukaku in any deal with Fellaini to Chelsea. When he proposed it to Chelsea's transfer man ("Emenalo...a big boy...bigger than Lukaku...you don't muck him around) he was keen but they wanted to throw another Belgian kid they've farmed out on loan into the deal so CFC wouldn't have to pay any actual money. Problem with this is that while Moyes is keen on the other Belgian - & even enquiried about him before the move to Chelsea - he said the kid's management company were not keen as it would be harder to get their 15 per cent, and also Fellaini's former club (he told me, I've forgotten. I was p*ssed) are owed a slice of any fee you get for him. He said all the players involved were keen to make it happen though.

So there you go, a two-for-one Belgian rumour straight from the horse (agent)'s mouth. Sorry about the lack of names in places, but like I say, it was a long week & I had had a few. I know my brother-in-law is a long-time lurker on here so I promised him I would make a post about my meeting with the guy.

Good luck getting into Europe & spare a thought for us tomorrow as Holloway appears to be on a one-man mission to keep us in the Championship.

So this was posted on the Everton forum:

Hello all,

Palace fan here but thought you may be interested in some transfer news I came across through work this week.

I go to Brussels twice a month for work & on the way back to St Pancras last week I started talking to this guy at the Eurostar bar. Very slick looking continental-type - imagine Rui Costa in 10 years.

After the usual small talk he said he worked as a football consultant, so I joked that I would take his card & give it to Holloway if we go up, at which point he said: "No chance, this summer all my time will be taken up with Mr Moyes".

I asked him what he meant & he said he met Moyes through one of Everton's scouts some time ago, and they almost did a deal for a midfielder (don't ask me the name - it sounded African & I had a couple of €9 Heinekens by that point) but it fell through at the last minute.

He said he was currently managing that winger of yours, Mirallas, and that he was "looking to do a lot more business this summer". My brother-in-law's a bluenose so I asked him more questions on his behalf while getting another round in. It turns out he also manages that monster Lukaku, & Moyes has approached Rui Costa Sr to try and include Lukaku in any deal with Fellaini to Chelsea. When he proposed it to Chelsea's transfer man ("Emenalo...a big boy...bigger than Lukaku...you don't muck him around) he was keen but they wanted to throw another Belgian kid they've farmed out on loan into the deal so CFC wouldn't have to pay any actual money. Problem with this is that while Moyes is keen on the other Belgian - & even enquiried about him before the move to Chelsea - he said the kid's management company were not keen as it would be harder to get their 15 per cent, and also Fellaini's former club (he told me, I've forgotten. I was p*ssed) are owed a slice of any fee you get for him. He said all the players involved were keen to make it happen though.

So there you go, a two-for-one Belgian rumour straight from the horse (agent)'s mouth. Sorry about the lack of names in places, but like I say, it was a long week & I had had a few. I know my brother-in-law is a long-time lurker on here so I promised him I would make a post about my meeting with the guy.

Good luck getting into Europe & spare a thought for us tomorrow as Holloway appears to be on a one-man mission to keep us in the Championship.

Lol, Lukaku and De Bruyne for Fellaini is not going to happen.

Why is he needed? He bosses it at Attacking Midfielder not CM or DM, does Chelsea need another AM?

This has been his best season ever and he has been playing as an AM, he always left a lot to be desired when he played as a CM or DM.

Think he's definetly going to United.

Only way I see him going elsewhere is if he really wants to hook up with his Belgian mates here or if City throw obscene money at him.

Why is he needed? He bosses it at Attacking Midfielder not CM or DM, does Chelsea need another AM?

This has been his best season ever and he has been playing as an AM, he always left a lot to be desired when he played as a CM or DM.

2 games at CM all season according to Shogun - vs Fulham and vs Arsenal. Pass

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You